FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Lack Of Support?

<<

HRR

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:00 pm

Lack Of Support?

After hearing what the boys on ESPN were talking about before the race this past week about Darian, and Hendrick, and SHR... the close ties that DG had with Hendrick.. and how last year.. made the difference with the technical side of things during the year. After hearing that.. it only made a lot of sense that SHR is far from dominating like the end of last year, because, there is no one at SHR now that is close to Rick Hendrick, or his engineers like Grubb was. Last year their issue was getting the front end to turn.. and they finally got it in the chase.. this whole year.. once again.. that is what Tony is complaining about... the lack of forward bite in the corners... and the fact that with no bite.. the car will not turn the way he wants it to..

How is it they found the problem last year during the chase.. and it being a geometry problem with the front of the cars they were building.. ? And now, they are fighting it again.. and can't get it fixed? I would say.. that SHR.. just might not be getting all the help they need from their HMS counterparts.... Like.. after seeing Tony beat them with their own equipment.. they would not want to get burned twice..... anyone think of this theory? SHR shells out a lot of money for this equipment.. and the tech support.. HMS has had 7 motor failures in the last 2 weeks as well... (SHR) as well.. but NOTE: Jimmie, and Gordon... are the only two drivers out of 7 or 9 HMS driven motors that have not failed.

That is something else to chew on.... things are just not adding up! SHR has had all year to get ready for another chase run.. and instead.. its been a complete flop!
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Lack Of Support?

You are so right!! I think that Jeff has had blown engines, maybe not in the chase but before during regular season.....The same thing happened to JGR when they would get their engines from Hendrick, and that is why they switched. Maybe Zippy should just show up when they have their meetings..... They always say they have such an open book and no secrets.......if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you ;) :lol:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:37 pm

tony and steve have been invited every week to sit on the weekly meetings at HMS, also the books are open for them to look at, so no blame can be placed at HMS for the lack luster performance by tony, it has a lot to do with the CC, whether people want to admit it, DG was a major component for winning the championship, also were talking about a man who worked side by side with chad for over 9 years, but tony thought he was hot stuff and got rid of darian......
I miss you Frehley........
<<

HTower

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:27 am

On the one hand I see the need to make it on your own as a team, but not making use of every possible advantage just seems stupid. I'm actually surprised the individual teams haven't clustered together even more. A few "super" teams like HMS controlling several teams like SHR, Phoenix or Furniture Row tethered to them even tighter than they are now. I can only imagine how expensive R&D is.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:06 am

HTower wrote:On the one hand I see the need to make it on your own as a team, but not making use of every possible advantage just seems stupid. I'm actually surprised the individual teams haven't clustered together even more. A few "super" teams like HMS controlling several teams like SHR, Phoenix or Furniture Row tethered to them even tighter than they are now. I can only imagine how expensive R&D is.

Furinture Row is actually with RCR. They were just using SHR pit crew.
ImageImageImage
<<

HRR

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:41 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
HTower wrote:On the one hand I see the need to make it on your own as a team, but not making use of every possible advantage just seems stupid. I'm actually surprised the individual teams haven't clustered together even more. A few "super" teams like HMS controlling several teams like SHR, Phoenix or Furniture Row tethered to them even tighter than they are now. I can only imagine how expensive R&D is.

Furinture Row is actually with RCR. They were just using SHR pit crew.

Good call out there.. FR switched motor programs this year to ECR motors. Dumb move I think.

Return to Tony