FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica To SHR according to Spencer

<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:11 am

Re: Danica To SHR according to Spenser

well it seems we all have strong views on this which is good, also its cool to have a debate like this and not turn it into personal attacks, i like a good debate its fun to challenge people.......
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

jamo14

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:30 pm

You don't want to challenge me because I'm an F-18
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

Steph

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:24 pm

Tony to a psychiatrist!!!!!!!
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you do not appreciate the seriousness of the situation.
<<

teddybear1439

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:41 pm

[/quote]
Steph wrote:Tony to a psychiatrist!!!!!!!

WTH does that mean???!!!!!

Danica has talent and sponsorship which makes good business sense. Whether it comes to fruition is the issue. She has toned down her exploitation tactics and is now working on a more professional level. I wasn't fond of her previous exploits and felt it discredited women, but I see she has changed. I'm all for women in racing if they prove themself on the track!

TB14
I'm like fine wine, I improve with age!
<<

Steph

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:34 pm

Any "professional" driver who has so lacked in doing their homework that during arguably the most important race of the year says" just tell me what to do and I'll do it" while speeding around Daytona is not worth the trouble. She has been in this field long enough now that she should know what she is doing but, obviously, from her own comments, she does not.

SHR should leave her alone.
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you do not appreciate the seriousness of the situation.
<<

speedysparky

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:58 pm

I love to See Danica go to SHR and she is a solid driver. Tony is a smart businessman and he knows what he needs to do to make SHR a solid team.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:58 pm

Steph wrote:Any "professional" driver who has so lacked in doing their homework that during arguably the most important race of the year says" just tell me what to do and I'll do it" while speeding around Daytona is not worth the trouble. She has been in this field long enough now that she should know what she is doing but, obviously, from her own comments, she does not.

SHR should leave her alone.

I agree on the point about Daytona, listening to ESPN's bytes of her radio was kind of off-putting with how she had to ask about everything, but it was only her third restrictor plate race (and a new kind of race for everyone) so I kind of gave her a break on that.

I stand by my original statement that she isn't a Sprint Cup champ in the making, but she could be a contender in Nationwide. I still would like to see her try to win the Indy 500 for a couple more years before leaving IndyCar altogether, though. If she wins in May, though, I would like to see her go full-bore into the Nationwide Series in 2012.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:52 am

This bouncing back and forth from Nationwide to Indy and back to Nationwide is not helping her, her sponsors, IRL, or Nationwide Racing. She needs to make up her mind for next season, it is either one series or the other...not both.

As to whether Tony brings her on board is his decision, does not mean we have to support it. You do have to say this though, he won't just bring her on without some guidance along the way...whether it be in communication or driving ability.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:51 pm

The season has started out great,lets not spoil it with this rumor from the likes of Spencer.That pancake so and so wanna be, can go and stay in IRL in hopes she has another win handed to her.The beginning,i was all for giving her a chance but the more i see her drive and the more i get to know about her,the more i can't stand her.Talk about prima donnas',he races too hard,he hit me,i don't know what his problem is ect.ect.she's a big drama queen full of excuses because she just plain sucks as a driver! :x
<<

daniluvs14

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:12 am

tlmerk wrote:Hey, I was in a hurry JAMO! LOL and besides it's not the individual commercials that offend me, it's the woman who gets the farthest in NASCAR to date is known by even non-NASCAR fans as the "hot" driver in the tight leather jumpsuit. She even has made fun of the sexual references in her commercials, it's that well-known. As a woman, do I want that kind of driver to represent me? #### no! She's hard to take seriously. As a man, bully for you if you like to look at her (she is gorgeous IMO) but she's all about the sex! It's objectifying. She doesn't need it either. As a female NASCAR driver, she will have plenty of people buying her collectibles and willing to sponsor her because she is a female.

With all the generalizations made about NASCAR fans, her rep just seems to put out the thought that a woman in the NASCAR community better look like Danica and act like her because all the male NASCAR fans are sitting around whistling at their TVs while they get drunk on Keystone Beer and belch through the TV commercials. (As a male NASCAR Fan, do you subscribe to that generalization? That male NASCAR fans are all drunk, crass and have lower IQs than the general populace?) I don't. Nor do I think the female NASCAR fan/driver walks around continuously unzipping her skin tight leather jump suit and talking about her "beaver".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BeDyr_G ... re=related

(Okay so this isn't Danica but her GODADDY sponsors)

right on tracy!!!!!
IT FEELS LIKE I HAVE BEEN DRIVING IN CIRCLES ALL DAY

TONY...BRISTOL 2009
<<

daniluvs14

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:20 am

wolfgang wrote:The season has started out great,lets not spoil it with this rumor from the likes of Spencer.That pancake so and so wanna be, can go and stay in IRL in hopes she has another win handed to her.The beginning,i was all for giving her a chance but the more i see her drive and the more i get to know about her,the more i can't stand her.Talk about prima donnas',he races too hard,he hit me,i don't know what his problem is ect.ect.she's a big drama queen full of excuses because she just plain sucks as a driver! :x

applauds... i lmao when she threw her helmet ... cry somemore danica..

tony will add a third team cause i heard it out of his mouth when someone asked him if he was gonna venture into the nationwide side of nascar. he said now way we are still working on the cup teams we want to add another team for cup b4 we go into nationwide. makes total sense to me.
i think most people here know how i feel about danica danica danica.. she is NOT the role model i would want for my daughter.. nuff said.
IT FEELS LIKE I HAVE BEEN DRIVING IN CIRCLES ALL DAY

TONY...BRISTOL 2009
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:07 am

daniluvs14 wrote:...she is NOT the role model i would want for my daughter.. nuff said.

+1 ;)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

peanut1439

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:26 pm

Jeff Owens: Dear Danica, NASCAR needs you now

Dear Danica,
I don’t normally write these kinds of letters to pretty girls – other than my wife, I mean.
I don’t typically reach out to hot, sexy women that attract attention and make a living by … well, by being hot and sexy. My wife wouldn’t like that.
But after seeing some of those commercials you make and some of those online videos you star in – I won’t even mention the magazine spreads and that swimsuit issue a few years ago – and watching you race around the track in your pretty green car, well, I couldn’t resist.
But don’t take this the wrong way. Before you go running off to the courthouse to file a restraining order, understand that I’m not writing this letter for myself.
I’m writing on behalf of NASCAR, its fans and its sponsors.
They want you, Danica. And they need you. They need you now. Or soon.
They need you to give up those fast, dangerous Indy cars and make your home in NASCAR, where you can become a bigger star than you ever dreamed of.
NASCAR needs a new, fresh face that can attract a big following – a huge, national following that puts them on par with the biggest names in the NFL, the NBA and MLB.
NASCAR is off to a good start this season and is chock-full of star drivers. But not all of them have a broad following. Most of them don’t even fully resonate with the majority of NASCAR fans.
In case you haven’t heard, NASCAR Nation isn’t exactly enamored with its five-time champion. Oh, he’s a nice, friendly guy, good-looking, charming, the type of guy you’d want living next door to you, but he’s a bit too good – on and off the track – for NASCAR fans. They like drivers with more personality, with some charm, charisma, spunk and pizzazz – all things that you’ve refined and wrapped in a nice, neat, attractive package.
NASCAR has a most popular driver – an ultra popular driver – but, well, you know the story there. You drive for him at JR Motorsports and probably know as well as anyone that Dale Earnhardt Jr. isn’t exactly giving Junior Nation a lot to cheer about these days.
Junior’s last top-five finish, in fact, came courtesy of, well, you. Nice run at Las Vegas, by the way.
NASCAR’s other top stars – Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards, Denny Hamlin, Kevin Harvick – all have a love-hate relationship with fans. Some love ’em, some hate ’em, and only one of them – the one they call Rowdy – really stirs the passion of fans.
That’s what NASCAR needs. A new star that excites and exhilarates fans the way larger-than-life legends like Richard Petty, Darrell Waltrip and Dale Earnhardt once did.
A fresh face, someone different. And if it’s a fresh, pretty face, well, then that’s even better. Icing on the cake, as they say.
NASCAR has had female drivers before, but none with your looks, personality and charm. None that could capture the attention of male and female fans alike, not to mention a wide array of sponsors. And none that had your driving talent and potential behind the wheel.
NASCAR needs you, Danica.
And I’m pretty sure that you need NASCAR, too.
You’re already a star in the IndyCar Series. You’re the circuit’s most popular and recognizable driver despite modest results. You’ve brought more attention to that series than the rest of the drivers combined.
Now you’re approaching a career crossroads and a major decision.
IndyCar or NASCAR?
You can’t continue to do both. You’re only cheating yourself, depriving you and your sponsors of reaching your full potential.
Imagine the possibilities if you brought your good looks and marketing appeal to America’s most popular form of motorsports full time?
It would be a boon for the sport and your career.
You’ve already become a big draw in the Nationwide Series, helping attract more fans, more media and developing a nice fan base, one that flocks to your souvenir hauler every week.
Imagine how much greater the attraction if you brought that vast appeal to the Sprint Cup Series. You would become an instant star, not only in NASCAR but across the entire sports landscape, perhaps even giving NASCAR a star that can finally bridge the gap between sports and entertainment.
You’ve already got the backing of a loyal, clever sponsor in GoDaddy.com. Imagine the additional sponsors you could attract if you moved to NASCAR’s top series and committed to racing there full time.
The buzz you’ve already generated in NASCAR is not surprising, of course. What we didn’t know is whether you could actually drive a stock car.
But after a few early bumps in the road, you’ve proven this year that you can do that, too. Your run to the front at Daytona was exciting; your fourth-place finish at Las Vegas impressive.
In just 16 Nationwide races, you’ve probably done just enough to pique the interest of top team owners in the Sprint Cup Series.
Some of them – Roush Fenway Racing, Joe Gibbs Racing, Richard Childress Racing, Stewart-Haas Racing, Earnhardt Ganassi Racing – just might have rides available next year. Some of them probably would jump at the chance to add another team for a driver who could attract the attention and sponsorship that you would bring.
It might be a struggle for a while. You would face a big learning curve and some tough challenges. But you’ve shown that, in time, you can be competitive.
But beyond all that, you could become an instant star, perhaps NASCAR’s biggest.
And with that will come all sorts of new opportunities to take your vast appeal and marketing machine to new heights.
So come on, Danica, make your move. The ball’s in your court and the time is now.
I know you have hopes of winning in IndyCar again and winning the Indy 500, but your future is here, your future is now.
So take the plunge. Show us what you’ve got.
And don’t take that the wrong way.
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:33 am

i like how people bring up she throws temper tantrums, when a certain driver who drives the 14 is known to do that too,
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

peanut1439

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:15 am

At least Tony doesn't say "Tell me what to do & I'll do it"...
Geez a Tony Hater on a Tony paid for site, who'd a thunk it? Ohh, I know, a JJ fan !!!! :roll: :P ;) :shock:
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
PreviousNext

Return to Tony