FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica To SHR according to Spencer

<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Danica To SHR according to Spenser

jamo14 wrote:
jamo14 wrote:yeah, those commercials with her hair blowing in the wind, with her hand on her hip are so revealing.

I should've mentioned that I was being sarcastic in this post.
my interpretation of selling sex is apparently a lot different than others.

I'm still trying to find out what everyone is up in arms about.
I haven't seen a sexual commercial yet.

The FHM photo shoot she did in '03 (when she was a Toyota Atlantics Driver) was pretty racy, but since that, I dunno of anything that was so bad. Yeah she was in the SI Swimsuit deal a couple years in a row, but so what?
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

tlmerk

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:24 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLLZhAVeB8Y

that's just one of a few... but nuf said.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

jamo14

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:53 am

tlmerk wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLLZhAVeB8Y

that's just one of a few... but nuf said.

I still don't see what the big deal is, they show more in a "Oil of Olay" commercial.

i sure hope that wasn't #1 on your list.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

tlmerk

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:09 am

Hey, I was in a hurry JAMO! LOL and besides it's not the individual commercials that offend me, it's the woman who gets the farthest in NASCAR to date is known by even non-NASCAR fans as the "hot" driver in the tight leather jumpsuit. She even has made fun of the sexual references in her commercials, it's that well-known. As a woman, do I want that kind of driver to represent me? #### no! She's hard to take seriously. As a man, bully for you if you like to look at her (she is gorgeous IMO) but she's all about the sex! It's objectifying. She doesn't need it either. As a female NASCAR driver, she will have plenty of people buying her collectibles and willing to sponsor her because she is a female.

With all the generalizations made about NASCAR fans, her rep just seems to put out the thought that a woman in the NASCAR community better look like Danica and act like her because all the male NASCAR fans are sitting around whistling at their TVs while they get drunk on Keystone Beer and belch through the TV commercials. (As a male NASCAR Fan, do you subscribe to that generalization? That male NASCAR fans are all drunk, crass and have lower IQs than the general populace?) I don't. Nor do I think the female NASCAR fan/driver walks around continuously unzipping her skin tight leather jump suit and talking about her "beaver".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BeDyr_G ... re=related

(Okay so this isn't Danica but her GODADDY sponsors)
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:21 am

Our sport is serious enough that nobody would give her the time of day if she couldn't drive a race car, sponsorship cash or not. Laughing stocks like Kevin Conway are the very rare exceptions, not the rule.

Yes it helps her case that she is good looking and wears swimwear well, but she is a serious race car driver who happens to do modeling and stuff on the side. That's who she is, her personality, just like Jimmie Johnson's is of a guy who can drive a stock car as well as anyone but can't cut a hole in his #### pocket without maiming himself.

I think the perception that people think if you're gonna be a successful woman driver in big-time auto racing then you have to be like that, is just that: a perception. And some perceptions might be reality, but I don't see this as one. There's room for all kinds of personalities in our sport, both male and female.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

<<

jamo14

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:28 am

Totally understand merk.
Just with tv today (even in local news tations 99% of the women are young and pretty wearing tight tops, now I'm getting technical here but you understand)
Friends was a stupid show, but the women were pretty and wore tight tops.
The young men on tv always dress metrosexually.

It's everywhere.

If it was Sarah Fisher on top of the women's leaderboard, it would be a different story.

NHRA actually has winning women drivers (and champions) but it's not a widely exposed or followed sport, that's why Ashley Force Hood has no commercial exposure (shoot her dad doesn't even have commercials and he has 15 titles)

To be honest, I'm a brunette kinda guy, but Danica is not someone I whistle at.
never have.
I did witness her leading 19 laps at the end of the Indy 500, but her fuel strategy sucked that day :D and she had to pull up to let Dan Wheldon pass or else she would've ran out of fuel.
The IRL drivers pretty much have to find their own sponsorship. Once you as a driver lose that, you're out of a ride (Like Dan Wheldon the 2005 Indy 500 winner and IRL Champion has this year)
IRL careers are short.

The real root of the problem is in the socially accepted behavior of television, coupled with people searching for celebrities to be their hero.
Life's much easier when you don't look to celebreties to be your hero. Their like the Chicago Cubs :arrow: they end up breaking your heart :D

<<

tlmerk

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:31 am

This is the last thing I'll say on the subject because I think I've confused people about where I stand on Danica. I have said on another thread I think she'd be a good addition to SHR because she does come with sponsorship, the media (mostly because she's a female in a previous all-male sport) and it wouldn't surprise me if she may be a really nice person in general and would probably fit it with the men and women (i.e. Krissie N.) at SHR.

I just don't like her marketing strategy. If she comes to SHR, I'll support her. If she doesn't, I won't. I'll wait for someone like Chrissy Wallace to come up.

(like your post Jamo-- well said for a guy!LOL)
<<

jamo14

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:32 am

funny how this blog started from something jimmy spencer said, coupled with articles that didn't exist :lol:

<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:21 am

comment removed by user, because it will blow your mind and make your face melt.
Last edited by michaeljohn on Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:05 am

;)

Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

jamo14

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:50 pm

michaeljohn wrote:comment removed by user, because it will blow your mind and make your face melt.

I got my radiation suit on.
Pour it on man!

<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:42 am

jamo14 wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:comment removed by user, because it will blow your mind and make your face melt.

I got my radiation suit on.
Pour it on man!

cant do it jam, common sense is frowned on here. i will say this, and i know i will get nailed for it, all i hear is chrissy wallace, this and that, and that is because tony helps her once in awhile, if it turned out to be danica he was helping this wouldnt be a issue, as i stated in a earlier post, sponsors are not gonna dump 5-15 million behind a driver they cant market, especially in the economy, and that is the reality of the world, they want something for their return, and right now, danica has more experience as a driver then most ladies and yea she is pretty, but she can driver a car............
<<

jamo14

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:52 am

I've got cash cows in the pasture :D
the livestock prices are through the roof right now (when oil goes up, so does grain & meat).

I also have some show-pigs in the barn, some are worth more than my truck :shock:

<<

dirt93

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:02 pm

Another point I would like to throw out there is that I would be very disappointed that everyone knows me as a sex symbol first... then, oh by the way, I'm a talented driver too. I think she is shooting herself in the foot. But thats just the way I think. I would be really #### off that I just spent my whole entire life in racing and everyone knows me as just "that sexy chick".
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:28 pm

She herself has said she enjoys the modeling stuff she does on the side, so between racing and that, she's pretty happy with her life. It is her life after all.

PreviousNext

Return to Tony