FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica To SHR according to Spencer

<<

peanut1439

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:16 am

Danica To SHR according to Spencer

Well...Jimmy Spencer announced it on Race Hub last night....Danica may go full time in the cup next year at Stewart -Haas...

She signed a 2 year contract with an option of a third at the end of 2009.So she could be done the end of this .Her contract with Jr ends this year also

He said it for real and then he made the comment that she needs to stay in Nationwide for another year before trying Cup.

And Dale Jr said she might go up to cup with JRM in fact I think he's got first "dibbs" on her that was the original agreement. It's in one of the articles on nascar.com or jayski.com. I read it today and those are the only two places I read anything.

Tony wants a 3rd team but Sponsors were too hard to get. Danica would bring GO Daddy with her and remember last year when she made a trip to SHR to get Tony's advice about leaving open wheel for Nascar? I remember it..lol ,I guess we'll have to wait & hear it from Tony himself..
Last edited by peanut1439 on Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

peanut1439

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:23 am

Re: Danica To SHR according to Spenser

a friend just sent his opinion:

This was rumored to be in the works last year. There are a lot of varibles on this one. If JRM comes to cup according to the contract he has first shot but contracts are made to be broken. With Jr in the last year of his contract at HMS I am wondering if he is going to just move to his own cup team if Rick doesnt re-sign him. I expect Mark to run fill time in Cup next year as well. We know Kahne will be at Hendrick so who will be the 4th driver? That is also a possiblity for Danica.
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

SmokeFan14

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:08 pm

Just my opinion, but I think you have a better chance of seeing Mark Martin at SHR then Danica.

Just a thought...
"Where there's Smoke, There's Racin'!"
<<

peanut1439

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:23 pm

re-Just my opinion, but I think you have a better chance of seeing Mark Martin at SHR then Danica.

Just a thought...

Me too but we know how Tony likes the pretty Women and he is mentoring JZ..heh heh
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:38 pm

Say it isn't so... :cry: :x :(
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

jamo14

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:10 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:Say it isn't so... :cry: :x :(

don't worry hollow, it isn't so, just some people talkin & typin out their rear ends.

no real articles about this out there.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

peanut1439

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:23 pm

wow Jamo, pretty snarky remark there. BTW, I don't type out my rear end, just so you know!!!
Did YOU watch Race Hub last night? Spenser said more or less he wasn't speculating so I passed it on here. If you don't want to hear Tony News, I suggest you skip any post you see from me.
Good God, some people need some manners arouind here.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:37 pm

Well I don't mean to sound snarky... but Tony has been asked the question about a third car over and over ... and ALWAYS says there is no third team in the works. So... that comes from Tony's own mouth, not Spencer's. If anyone was talking out his behind, it's my ol' fave - Mr. Excitement. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:49 pm

smokieonefour wrote:Well I don't mean to sound snarky... but Tony has been asked the question about a third car over and over ... and ALWAYS says there is no third team in the works. So... that comes from Tony's own mouth, not Spencer's. If anyone was talking out his behind, it's my ol' fave - Mr. Excitement. :-)

That's not exactly true, he's said that if the right situation came along.

Do Danica and GoDaddy equate to "the right situation?" Who knows. I'd like to see her run for the Nationwide title in 2012, personally, but there isn't a savvier businessman in NASCAR than Tony Stewart so if he decides to bring her to Cup, I'll trust that.

Mark Martin is a guy I could see at SHR, those two have a ton of respect for one another. Perhaps he could run a partial schedule for Tony while running for a Nationwide or Truck championship with Turner Motorsports, and Danica could run a couple or so of the Cup races Mark don't run while running the Nationwide car for JR Motorsports.

This is all just speculation on my part, however, and depends on a few things like GoDaddy sponsoring Mark instead of the 5 next year, etc.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

peanut1439

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:53 pm

smokieonefour wrote:Well I don't mean to sound snarky... but Tony has been asked the question about a third car over and over ... and ALWAYS says there is no third team in the works. So... that comes from Tony's own mouth, not Spencer's. If anyone was talking out his behind, it's my ol' fave - Mr. Excitement. :-)

I don't think your post is snarky Smokie but if you read my initial post I said I was gonna wait til I heard it from Tony too. Or words to that effect. I was just passing along what I heard. Thanks
<<

tlmerk

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:04 pm

Well, I don't particularly like Danica as a driver but I think her joining SHR would definitely bring us some sponsorship and publicity. I don't see how it can hurt anything. You'd definitely hear a lot more about SHR in the media, that's for sure.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:08 pm

I just talked to a friend and told them this blog... they had recorded the show and re-played it - what Peanuts reported is correct - Jimmy did say he "heard" she might go cup and to SHR.

My question is - where did Jimmy hear that from? Could it have been anyone? Someone with a foot in the door who knows something? Who may have said that, that Jimmy repeated it, is my bigger question now. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

peanut1439

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:19 pm

Thanks Smokie, his segment when he said that was so fast I was trying to rememember exactly what he said.
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:55 pm

I sure hope she stays out, but that's my 2 cents. You might have a good sponsor, but that doesn't mean they're going to pay well if you're not doing well either. I think it'll hurt the team myself. Ok, so I made it 3 cents, lol.

Anyway, in a blog I just finished keeping up with live chat with Matt Yocum in, somone asked about her & no as far as he knows she's not going to SHR.

As for Spencer, he probably read outdated rumors.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:11 am

peanut1439 wrote:re-Just my opinion, but I think you have a better chance of seeing Mark Martin at SHR then Danica.

Just a thought...

Me too but we know how Tony likes the pretty Women and he is mentoring JZ..heh heh

..."mentoring"...is that what the kids call it these days???? :shock: :o :) :lol:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
Next

Return to Tony