All things Tony
Post a reply

No Fine for Tony ............

Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:56 pm

:lol: I really think Bruton Smith needs to give him a bonus!!

Re: No Fine for Tony ............

Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:12 pm

Annalee wrote::lol: I really think Bruton Smith needs to give him a bonus!!

May i be so bold to ask as to why he should get a bonus as they were both at fault? ;)

Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:35 pm

Shocked me. Hubby stole my nascar news & he told me Tony didn't get a fine over it. I couldn't believe it because others had gotten fined before. Then hubby told me a truck diver didn't get a fine for tossing his this yr, so NASCAR must have lightened up it.

Now all drivers will start tossing helmets at other drivers on pit road. :?
New olympic sport, race helmet tossing.
So far Stewart has the win. :lol:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:15 pm

Did you see Race Hub? Indeed, it's now a sport...

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:17 pm

Well, jmo, the picture of Tony throwing the helmet probably got Bruton Smith more free publicity from every media outlet I know of had it on there...... 7 million for all the grinding done to the race track..
......ONE FREE HELMET THROW........PRICELESS..........

the fans loved it....next Bristol race I will make an educated guess and say old Bristol racing is back and the stands are packed again...that is what the fans said they wanted and that is what they got. :lol:

Whether you liked it or not, Tony Stewart did more for NASCAR last Saturday nite at Bristol than NASCAR could do for itself..... Think about it!! 8-)

That's our Tony, and that's why we like him so much...you never know what he is going to do or say , he is brutally honest and he certainly isn't "Vanilla"........ the other side of that is he is the nicest person who has a big heart of gold...

I can see T- shirts with the photo on it, with the words "Priceless" beneath the photo........ The money raised from the sale of the T shirt could go to a charity or better yet could fund the sponsorship of Ryan's car........ New Christmas gift?????? I would buy them..... 8-)
Last edited by Annalee on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:18 pm

The other thing to look at is...how often does Tony lose his cool to the extent that he did on Saturday. NOT OFTEN

Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:14 am

Rochelle wrote:Did you see Race Hub? Indeed, it's now a sport...

Yes, that was great, i'm sure Tony would get a chuckle out of it.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:28 pm

He still deserves a fine. We can't have drivers running out on pit road to throw helmets. Eventually a "pedestrian driver" is going to get hit. Fans love it, but it isn't a safe act out there on the track. What if Kenseth had jerked the wheel of his car instintively to avoid the helmet and hit a tire changer for another team?

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:58 pm

Rochelle wrote:Did you see Race Hub? Indeed, it's now a sport...

I died laughing at that one this morning. :lol:

Maybe the tracks should set up a place like that for drivers to vent off at instead of cars. Have a little set up like on race hub this morn & have one of them little preschool blow up punching clowns that bob back up at you when you punch it. Or a boxing punching bag hanging with cardboard faces of all the drivers to place on top of the boxing bag & have at it.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:27 am

u act like tony is a god, he didnt do nothing for nascar, he threw a helmet, big fricken deal, its funny other drivers do it they are hot heads or babies, but tony does it and its the greatest thing ever, need to take off those rose colored glasses.. he even admitted today he took matt out at sonoma and indy, but my god matt moved up on tony, the world is gonna end, so in the end, tony got paid back what was coming to him, good!

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:29 am

It was a awesome race and i would buy one of those shirts!!!!!!! good
idea Annalee!! Well for those of you who enjoyed the race and those
who need to see it again to understand everything Tony and the Boys
over came to get to that Awesome helmet throw and to truly understand
why Tony was so mad !!! there is a replay of the race at 12:00 on speed.
TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
then you will see how wpm took out Ryan. You can count on one hand
The Drivers who can come from the back of the pack to lead the race
and even win AND TONY IS TOPS IN MY BOOK!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:26 pm

I think you need to take it easy on the kool-aid. Cut back to maybe 2 gallons a day instead of 10.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:50 pm

TonyTina14 wrote:It was a awesome race and i would buy one of those shirts!!!!!!! good
idea Annalee!! Well for those of you who enjoyed the race and those
who need to see it again to understand everything Tony and the Boys
over came to get to that Awesome helmet throw and to truly understand
why Tony was so mad !!! there is a replay of the race at 12:00 on speed.
TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
then you will see how wpm took out Ryan. You can count on one hand
The Drivers who can come from the back of the pack to lead the race
and even win AND TONY IS TOPS IN MY BOOK!!!!!!!

Thank you Tony Tina .......he's tops in my book too!! :) Harvicks' did the same thing with their Joey Logano "fire suit" comment, made a lot of money for charity, same thing could happen with the helmet shot "seen around the world"...... NASCAR Now had a great piece on it today.
The guys need to take a deep breath and lighten up. You all take this stuff way to serious.....not good for your health 8-)

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:39 pm

HTower wrote:I think you need to take it easy on the kool-aid. Cut back to maybe 2 gallons a day instead of 10.

Thank you HT!

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:41 pm

Here's an article from ESPN on it with a video of it & an interview of Tony yesterday with the tank behind him. You can also cast your vote on the web site who's fault it was.
http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/8307980/nascar-your-turn-vote-was-fault-bristol-accident-involving-tony-stewart-matt-kenseth
Post a reply