FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Finished 32nd..........:(

<<

Annalee

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:24 pm

Finished 32nd..........:(

Hendricks engines ......back to the drawing board!! What worrys me most is that Bristol is next and that has been one of Tony's weakest links......He needs some magic put back into his car. Steve and the team have their work cut out for them...

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

HTower

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:05 pm

Re: Finished 32nd..........:(

Thank Heaven for those 3 wins. Even if he does fall out of the top 10 with his current skid, those 3 wins are a life saver.

As for the engines, most days they're pretty #### good. Michigan is a hard track now for engines.
<<

im4tony

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Thanks heavens for the wins. But, it could be an upward battle in the Chase
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

HTower

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:33 pm

If you're in, you can win. Tony proved that last year. But you have to have your car and pit crew working for you, not against you.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:34 pm

That was a dang shame. Was listening on the radio - per usual - and early on the car wouldn't cut through the center of the turn. After the adjustments they made on the first pit stop, Tony had just said that now they had both ends of the car unhooked out of the race track. They broke the first valve spring, he spent several laps trying to diagnose it (watching the gauges, etc).

When they came out of the garage, they ran for a while before they broke another one, Tony said it sounded like something bigger that time than the first one. They went back out hoping to gain a spot but before they could catch Kurt Busch, it finally had pretty much given up. Tony held the radio open so they could hear it, and he goes "That's wide open, right there." Sounded like it was less than two-thirds throttle. They came in to check to see if a plug wire might've been left off from where they cut the fuel to the cylinders with the broken valve springs, but when the crew signaled to Steve that they were all on, he told Tony to just shut it off and them to push him to the garage.

It was an interesting day, as disheartening as it was, to hear the battle plan and what have you and everyone's role in getting everything done. Was a losing battle but they never gave up until the thing wouldn't make NASCAR's minimum speed.

I just hope Hendrick gets all their stuff together with these valve springs before Atlanta, because I'll be there and dammit I'm ready to see Tony win in person.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:07 pm

Hendrick had a off day with the motor department (two bad engines for mr. lucky Johnson too). That was a shame. He needs to make sure he stays in the top ten so he can uses those points. I hope he can get some momentum going to start the chase. Still a great shot at this championship.
Last edited by Smokeshow14 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

HTower

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:51 am

don't forget Gordon's bad engine as well. That's 4 bad motors in one weekend.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:21 am

Smoke14TS wrote:That was a dang shame. Was listening on the radio - per usual - and early on the car wouldn't cut through the center of the turn. After the adjustments they made on the first pit stop, Tony had just said that now they had both ends of the car unhooked out of the race track. They broke the first valve spring, he spent several laps trying to diagnose it (watching the gauges, etc).

When they came out of the garage, they ran for a while before they broke another one, Tony said it sounded like something bigger that time than the first one. They went back out hoping to gain a spot but before they could catch Kurt Busch, it finally had pretty much given up. Tony held the radio open so they could hear it, and he goes "That's wide open, right there." Sounded like it was less than two-thirds throttle. They came in to check to see if a plug wire might've been left off from where they cut the fuel to the cylinders with the broken valve springs, but when the crew signaled to Steve that they were all on, he told Tony to just shut it off and them to push him to the garage.

It was an interesting day, as disheartening as it was, to hear the battle plan and what have you and everyone's role in getting everything done. Was a losing battle but they never gave up until the thing wouldn't make NASCAR's minimum speed.

I just hope Hendrick gets all their stuff together with these valve springs before Atlanta, because I'll be there and dammit I'm ready to see Tony win in person.

well im sure MR H was on fire today when he got back to the shop, and the malfunctions they had wont happen any time soon, but the best of teams go through this, it sucks it happened, but glad it happened now and not durng the chase where ya cant afford to make mistakes.
<<

awsum14

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:48 pm

Notes to Hendrick Engine Dept.

Quit Using JGR Engine Dept. Notes
Quit using the lowest bidder
There are still parts available "Made With Pride In The USA" for GM engines

4 engines in one weekend? :?: :?: There is no good excuse for that. :roll:
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:56 pm

the part that was defective was a bought part, they had no control over it, it happens to all teams,

Return to Tony