Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:19 am

The 50 highest-earning American athletes
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/specials/fortunate50-2012/?xid=cnnbin
Dale Jr is #8
Jeff Gordon is #18
Tony is tied at #29

Re: Tony in Top 50 Athletes

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:27 pm

I couldn't get past page 2. I really don't think it matters as I'm not in their league anyway. All sports that collect sponsor money is paid by the sales from the the public. We decide what we buy but that ends our part in the whole money thing. It han't always been Gasillion salaries per year as it is now. I remember Frank Gifford saying that he was thrilled when he made $10,000 a year because he didn't have to find a job that winter to keep the family afloat. Does all the money that is spent on sports bother me? Not really. The person has to earn it and they do sacrifice part of their lives to do just that. Just ask their spouse and children how that works. Now do I think they deserve those big bucks. Well that is the biggest question of all. And I reply I haven't a clue as to what they deserve.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:27 pm

Interesting read. Thanks for the link. My favorite number is 29 so loved seeing Tony in that position. No surprises really on the list.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:44 pm

Kinda funny, Jr is 8th :D

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:05 pm

Ahead of Jimmie Johnson :P .

But no real surprises on the list. Except I thought after last year with Ford stepping in that Carl Edwards would be on it.
Last edited by Smokeshow14 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:09 pm

The guy that surprised me & I wouldnt have expected up there was Kevin Kolb.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:26 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:The guy that surprised me & I wouldnt have expected up there was Kevin Kolb.

Wasn't the article about money [b]earned,[b] not money paid to you because you're there? ;)

Regardless, I wear my Cardinals' colors LOUDLY AND PROUDLY!
Post a reply