FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Link to keep Army in Nascar

<<

beminetony

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:29 pm

Link to keep Army in Nascar

DO IT NOW and Please pass this link along.

http://sportstoservice.com/ga/ Here is the link to tell Congress about the Armed Forces leaving Nascar, and sports. Please sign!
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:24 pm

Re: Link to keep Army in Nascar

I thought this was a done deal......I sent an email but I am not to sure that it isn't to late. Usually if the military says something more than likely they won't change their minds. It would be nice if they did. There hasn't been anyone representIng the Army better than Ryan. Plus all the money raised for the wounded warrior program, but I think they or she have made up their minds. :( :(

The e mail I sent went to my Congresswoman Virginia Fox, who would never vote to eliminate the military from sponsoring NASCAR.... I live in Home of NASCAR. I wish it would have gone to the congresswoman from Georgia.....but if it helps, I am glad to do what I can do. :)
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Done... even if it's too late I can let my voice be heard.
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:39 pm

Wolf has the right idea. I can still let my voice be heard.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:13 am

NASCAR has joined with other major sports leagues in sending an open letter to the Speaker of the House in an attempt to table an amendment that would restrict branches of the military from using sports sponsorships as a recruitment tool.

In a letter sent Monday to Rep. John Boehner (R-Ohio), NASCAR, the NFL, NBA, Major League Baseball and the IndyCar Series urged the Speaker show "continued opposition" to the Kingston-McCollum amendment to the $608 billion 2013 Dept. of Defense appropriations bill currently before Congress. Introduced by Reps. Betty McCollum (D-Minn.) and Jack Kingston (R-Ga.), the amendment would bar the military from using funds for sponsorships in professional or semi-pro sports.

A vote on the appropriations bill is scheduled for Wednesday, according to the weekly legislative calendar of House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.).
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:29 am

Just sent my e-mail to my Congresscritter using that link.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:23 am

I sent my letter too!!!.....PS: .....John Boehner might show some opposition BUUUUUUUUUT, there would have to be some clause in any document that ASSured him at least 10-15 million dollars. That's how he rolls..... ME, ME, ME, and who do I gotta screw over to get what I want??? :shock: :shock:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:03 pm

The Army will just spend the same amount of tax dollars elsewhere,so why not just stay here where it has the most affect for advertisement. :evil:
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:33 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:I sent my letter too!!!.....PS: .....John Boehner might show some opposition BUUUUUUUUUT, there would have to be some clause in any document that ASSured him at least 10-15 million dollars. That's how he rolls..... ME, ME, ME, and who do I gotta screw over to get what I want??? :shock: :shock:

I got an E-Mail back from my Congressclown.....He voted against the bill...... 8-) 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]

Return to Tony