All things Tony
Post a reply

Re: Well we know why if he has a bad race...

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:02 pm

Wish I had the extra dough to go watch a lot of these dirt races. They are fun to watch

Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:02 pm

jamo14 wrote:Wish I had the extra dough to go watch a lot of these dirt races. They are fun to watch

back in the 60's and 70's we use to have this nice size dirt track that all the greats of the day came to, and when it wasnt bein used for racing, rock concerts, but city council thought it was important to put up a new mall and tore it down.......

Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:09 pm

Wasn't it Kenny Wallace that said on Race Day that Tony has a lot of races sched. during his off time the next 2 weeks? I wonder where they're all at.

All I know about is Wednesday July 18 in Brewerton, NY

Then Mon & Tues July 30-31 he's in Canada, Ohshweken

Though there are all star races going on this month in Indiana. I'll have to check into that, already started I believe.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:58 pm

michaeljohn wrote:
jamo14 wrote:Wish I had the extra dough to go watch a lot of these dirt races. They are fun to watch

back in the 60's and 70's we use to have this nice size dirt track that all the greats of the day came to, and when it wasnt bein used for racing, rock concerts, but city council thought it was important to put up a new mall and tore it down.......

It irritates the tar out of me that nothing can be left the way it was. Wonder how many stores in the mall have closed. Central Michigan stll has a couple of tracks that haven't been touched. One just held a World of Outlaws race a few weeks ago and the other is small but manages to pull in racers. There are probably others near here that I don't of. The one race track called 96 Speedway is where Dale Earnhardt Jr. a few years ago made an appearance. He didn't race and I don't know why he was there. It the same time they race here in MIS.
Post a reply