All things Tony
Post a reply

Well we know why if he has a bad race...

Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:03 am

IMHO Tony needs to stop this random racing thing and focus on cup. It is 1 am Sunday morning and Kenny Wallace just tweeted that he was in Tony's jet coming from his race to go to Eldora to get Tony then fly up to NH....

Kenny Wallace ‏@Kenny_Wallace
I am on Tony Stewarts Jet right now! Headed to Eldora to pick him up THEN onto Loudon N,H, NO Sleep But it was worth it..@SPEED TV

Re: Well we know why if he has a bad race...

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:02 am

What the heck is he doing at Eldora?! Can't he leave that track until after the cup race? How's he gonna have any energy left to concentrate on the main race? :o

Re: Well we know why if he has a bad race...

Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:52 am

he was racing Eldora Friday night too He probably is confident he will be in the Chase with his 3 wins but I wish he wouldn't think that way

Re: Well we know why if he has a bad race...

Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:57 am

I agree, especially since Keselowski also has 3 wins. And if they both get tied in the chase, he's screwed. You'd think he'd actually care a bit more about defending the championship...

Re: Well we know why if he has a bad race...

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:43 am

adny1030 wrote:IMHO Tony needs to stop this random racing thing and focus on cup. It is 1 am Sunday morning and Kenny Wallace just tweeted that he was in Tony's jet coming from his race to go to Eldora to get Tony then fly up to NH....

Kenny Wallace ‏@Kenny_Wallace
I am on Tony Stewarts Jet right now! Headed to Eldora to pick him up THEN onto Loudon N,H, NO Sleep But it was worth it..@SPEED TV


It was Kings Royal weekend at Eldora for the WoO, so I would be surprised if he wasn't there!

Also, I think if I was Tony Stewart and I had to focus on one racing series, in particular Sprint Cup.... I would be bored out of my freaking mind! It's like any job, if you don't have fun outside of WORK, your work will suffer for it. Now I don't know him and maybe I'm wrong but DIDN'T THE MAN JUST WIN LAST WEEKEND? I also remember him saying at MIS that for the longest time he didn't know the sun actually rose in the morning. He thought you just woke up and it was high in the sky. To me, that sounds like a man who is used to being up late and still getting the job done.

Sounds like someone might be a tad bit jealous that Tony is living the high life, living his dreams and having a #### good time doing it?? :P

Re: Well we know why if he has a bad race...

Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:54 am

And if you didn't notice in my previous post it was the RAZZ emoticon that I used at the end of that last statement. In other words, joking!

Re: Well we know why if he has a bad race...

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:23 am

this extra activity will be his downfall, not some girl as many internet people would have you believe.
i tend to disagree, this is his job, and bein owner he needs to focus on the big picture, of course he can go racing during the week, but the fri and saturday stuff should cool off for a bit, at least until he knows the chase is locked up, the driver i follow, when i see his schedule for the week, sometimes i cringe with all places he goes, but the good thing there is he makes it a point to cut everything off by thursday regardless, but hey at the end of the day,, drivers will do whatever they want, so none of us have the perfect answer.

Re: Well we know why if he has a bad race...

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:34 am

michaeljohn wrote:this extra activity will be his downfall, not some girl as many internet people would have you believe.
i tend to disagree, this is his job, and bein owner he needs to focus on the big picture, of course he can go racing during the week, but the fri and saturday stuff should cool off for a bit, at least until he knows the chase is locked up, the driver i follow, when i see his schedule for the week, sometimes i cringe with all places he goes, but the good thing there is he makes it a point to cut everything off by thursday regardless, but hey at the end of the day,, drivers will do whatever they want, so none of us have the perfect answer.



Sensible solution. Reality is he is 41, slightly pudgy (and less time on the road helps not put the weight on) and it is the summer season. Physically taxing even for the in shape young ones... Tony brings fans out and money to tracks, but he is also an owner and has to keep sponsors of the cup happy above all.

Re: Well we know why if he has a bad race...

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:37 am

Tony is always at Eldora for the Kings. He always races on Friday but is track owner on Saturday. He did not race last night.

Re: Well we know why if he has a bad race...

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:45 am

Smoke14Wins wrote:Tony is always at Eldora for the Kings. He always races on Friday but is track owner on Saturday. He did not race last night.



Point was he was on a plane at approx. 2 am to fly up to NH and it is a 1pm race. Slightly better that he did not race but still not the full rest one would think a driver should have especially racing in the heat today. As I said in my original post- IMHO, but some of it is common sense.

Re: Well we know why if he has a bad race...

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:48 am

It may not be the smartest thing. But he is living life. I am sure he will be fine today. If he can run 1100 miles in a day, he can race on ( am guessing) five hours of sleep.

Re: Well we know why if he has a bad race...

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:10 am

If he can't please everyone he has to please himself.

Re: Well we know why if he has a bad race...

Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:14 am

I think he lives a large, hectic life. While I'm sure he is somewhat tired I appreciate the fact that he is living his life on his own terms.

I've said before that all this other activity has probably affected his focus for the cup race and when it comes down to it all I want is for him to win it all.....just like last year!!!

As for his personal life....it's just that...HIS....as a woman I will say this....his schedule from what we all see is crazy hectic and leaves little time for "courting". If he is able to find a woman who puts all of that above her own needs and wants then he is a very lucky man indeed.

Re: Well we know why if he has a bad race...

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:58 pm

Tony is always up late, it's the nature of the beast. He also doesn't have a problem sleeping on his plane (have seen many pictures of him sleeping in flight). He doesn't have to be up till he needs to get to the drivers meeting but I did see him on Speed this morning. I do know he would never miss the Kings Royal unless absolutely necessary.

Bottom line is that it is his business. He knows his limitations and should be trusted to make the right decisions.

He was at the Kings Royal last year and ran 2nd to Ryan at NH the next day and I think that pretty much says it all. :mrgreen:

Re: Well we know why if he has a bad race...

Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:28 pm

All I gotta say is..... ;) 41 ISN'T the NEW 25 :lol: :P
Post a reply