All things Tony
Post a reply

Qualified 24th...... WTF??

Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:59 pm

Sure hope he qualified in race trim.....Anyone know??? :shock: :shock:

Re: Qualified 24th...... WTF??

Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:22 am

Not worried at all. He didn't start well in this race last year. If not for him having his thing with Vickers he would have finished top five. In 2008 he started 38th and if not for ol Happy taking it wide wide for second with him and McMurray he had a chance at the win.

He'll be top five when all is said and done.

Re: Qualified 24th...... WTF??

Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:50 am

I sure hope you are right, SS 14, cause it doesn't look good now! :(

Re: Qualified 24th...... WTF??

Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:56 am

he'll be ok



tg

Re: Qualified 24th...... WTF??

Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:24 am

midwesternsmoke wrote:Sure hope he qualified in race trim.....Anyone know??? :shock: :shock:



at least you can count <snicker>

Re: Qualified 24th...... WTF??

Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:43 am

Bad result..

Smoke is great road course driver, Steve won 2 races at road courses.. That is disappointment.. I hope they have better race..

Re: Qualified 24th...... WTF??

Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:03 am

Does anyone know if they will practice again today or is it you've got what you've got! If so will they televise it?

Re: Qualified 24th...... WTF??

Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:14 pm

They have a happy hour practice at 1:45 est. Speed channel will broadcast it tonight at 11:00 est.Good for Tony,work on some adjustments and get his car ready for tomorrow.

Re: Qualified 24th...... WTF??

Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:42 pm

He will do GREAT! He keeps saying he looks forward to the two road course tracks because it breaks up the monotony of the season... he's going to kick @$$ tomorrow! :)

Re: Qualified 24th...... WTF??

Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:41 pm

Tony is not a good qualifier as a rule. I never let that change my decision about picks or the fact he likes a challenge. Problem is on a road course it is difficult passing people..only a few places that work without taking out yourself or someone else.

Re: Qualified 24th...... WTF??

Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:39 pm

Whats happened to Tony ?? Supposedly he is excellent on old tires!?!? And that's it??? A turnip truck could be excellent on old tires..I need more than that. I don't know......this is not going well, he's 30 in last practice.. How about being excellent in speed! Something is wrong. I am trying to put a positive spin on this, but there has to be something more than old tires. Yikes.. :( :( :(

He must have heard me, he moved up to 19th! Really..... Is this the best he can do? :roll: :roll:

Re: Qualified 24th...... WTF??

Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:03 am

bolt9 wrote:They have a happy hour practice at 1:45 est. Speed channel will broadcast it tonight at 11:00 est.Good for Tony,work on some adjustments and get his car ready for tomorrow.


Thanks so much, bolt9... Welcome to the group!

Re: Qualified 24th...... WTF??

Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:28 am

11:00PM?!? :shock: I'll be in bed! What good is that?

Re: Qualified 24th...... WTF??

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:36 am

Well, HH I stayed up. What a waste!! He wasn't any better. Bring on the coffee... I just thought I had to find out how bad he was and he was terrible, but according to the dynamic duo announcing in the booth he was EXCELLENT ON OLD TIRES........what is up with his car? How about SPEED?? After all this is a race car not a turnip truck!! :? :? :cry:

Re: Qualified 24th...... WTF??

Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:52 pm

Annalee wrote:Well, HH I stayed up. What a waste!! He wasn't any better. Bring on the coffee... I just thought I had to find out how bad he was and he was terrible, but according to the dynamic duo announcing in the booth he was EXCELLENT ON OLD TIRES........what is up with his car? How about SPEED?? After all this is a race car not a turnip truck!! :? :? :cry:


Oh yee of little faith. We must think positive and send out those positive vibes! :P
Post a reply