FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Smoke Pit

<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:22 pm

Smoke Pit

Is anyone else on here a member of Tony's fan club and going to Fan Appreciation Day at Eldora next month? I'm seriously thinking about it since he'll be racing that night, but... not sure since I would have to do it alone. Blah! It sure stinks when no one else in your immediate circle of family and friends is a TS fan! LOL
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: Smoke Pit

I'm a member, but live in Phoenix. A little too far for me :(
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:29 pm

Rochelle wrote:I'm a member, but live in Phoenix. A little too far for me :(

LOL - ya that would be quite a long trip for you! Bummer. :(
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

im4tony

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:24 pm

Have they ever done that before, going to Eldora. I was a member for two years and never knew about a fan appreciation day.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:51 am

im4tony wrote:Have they ever done that before, going to Eldora. I was a member for two years and never knew about a fan appreciation day.

I have no idea if they have ever done it before because I just joined at the beginning of the year. I usually don't join fan clubs but I decided to try something new this year. I got an email yesterday about it with the details and the ticket prices and what is going to happen. Tony will just be racing there that night, that's it but they have other things planned.
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:19 pm

It's a first for the club as well. I'm not a member & the only thing they've done is a picnic the Monday after the Brickyard race. I haven't been a member in 2 yrs. I live 67 miles from Eldora, but won't be going, $50 kinda too much as a non member. I was a member from 2006 until 2010.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:28 pm

Smoke14Wins wrote:It's a first for the club as well. I'm not a member & the only thing they've done is a picnic the Monday after the Brickyard race. I haven't been a member in 2 yrs. I live 67 miles from Eldora, but won't be going, $50 kinda too much as a non member. I was a member from 2006 until 2010.

Thats kind of weird that Tony's fan club doesn't usually do things like this. There are other fan clubs that have annual events. Even if the driver can't be there they have gatherings so the fans can meet each other and just have fun. Well, I'm going. My friend has agreed to go with me so I don't have to make the 3-hr trek home by myself at night. I have to do all I can between now and 8/28 since I'll be starting the last two years of my bachelors degree so I won't have much time for fun! ;)
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:50 pm

Just bought my ticket today! Might as well see how well they do with it! Plus getting to see the race that night will be fun!
<<

tlmerk

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:26 pm

And maybe you'll ACTUALLY be able to meet him this time! :D
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:32 pm

I wish I could go to all these things. I wonder if I will ever get the chance to even meet Tony.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:16 pm

tlmerk wrote:And maybe you'll ACTUALLY be able to meet him this time! :D

Noooooo, I'm sure not. I'll save that for August at MIS! :)
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:18 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:I wish I could go to all these things. I wonder if I will ever get the chance to even meet Tony.

Well, I'll tell you what. I've done everything short of stalking him this year and I STILL haven't met him. So, set your mind to it and try. If anything, I've had a blast trying!! Wouldn't have gone to SHR or Darlington if I hadn't decided this year I was going to meet the man! IT's only taken me 13 years to even get this close!
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:27 pm

MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:I wish I could go to all these things. I wonder if I will ever get the chance to even meet Tony.

Well, I'll tell you what. I've done everything short of stalking him this year and I STILL haven't met him. So, set your mind to it and try. If anything, I've had a blast trying!! Wouldn't have gone to SHR or Darlington if I hadn't decided this year I was going to meet the man! IT's only taken me 13 years to even get this close!

Tony does autograph sessions at Office Depots usually in the area he is racing. Don't know if he is scheduled for MIS, but I think you can find out either on the Office Depot website or I think maybe even on this website. If other avenues fail this might be a possibility. Do you still remember what you are going to say to him? :lol:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:25 am

Annalee wrote:
MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:

Tony does autograph sessions at Office Depots usually in the area he is racing. Don't know if he is scheduled for MIS, but I think you can find out either on the Office Depot website or I think maybe even on this website. If other avenues fail this might be a possibility. Do you still remember what you are going to say to him? :lol:

I know exactly what I'm going to say! LOL Practice makes perfect! If I have the time to say anything. Depends on what they decide to do in August. Might not have any other time but to say "hello" and "good luck", "stay safe" and "thank you"!

As for his autograph sessions, trust me, I've been watching closely and he just hasn't done any in an area I've been or can drive to this year. I've been lucky enough to see him many times though but that's not my goal!
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:56 pm

If Tony will ever be someplace that you really don't want him to be....INVITE ME. I swear that things only get cancelled when I ATTEND. The Fan Appreciation Day at Eldora this Friday was cancelled. My friend and I are still going because we bought tickets for that night, but still... of all the dadgum luck. :x
Next

Return to Tony