FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tony's bad runs

<<

OldTimmer

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:14 pm

Tony's bad runs

Have anyone else notest after Tony won at Fontana that JJ threw a hissy fit and wanted Tony's electronic printout's.
Sense then SHR has started running bad and all of HMS is running good HMMM.
Tony need to cut the ties with HMS.
Go Rocket Man
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:58 pm

Re: Tony's bad runs

ya maybe he can get his cars from rcr or dei, and he and ryan can run mid pack every week, hahaha, only a matter of time conspiracy's would arise...

did ya notice that the 48 was running good ALL year except for Daytona and tallaldega?? its good to see your worried about tony, who pretty much has a chase spot locked up, and ryan who is barely holding onto a spot by 1 point.
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:09 pm

I think you could be on to something .......and I find it interesting when SHR is fast Hendrick is struggling and when Hendrick is fast SHR is struggling! Why also is there such inequality among drivers on the same team?

I am also wondering why NASCAR has raised the side skirts on the cars. Last night on RACEHUB Elliot Sadler mentioned something about aero balance and side skirts having messed up most of the set ups in the last three races. Supposedly this change will take 40-50lbs of down force off. That is when SHR really started running badly. I know absolutely nothing about aero balance and side skirts on cars, maybe someone here can explain why this is so important and what has happened. :roll: :roll: :roll: :?:
"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:17 pm

The side skrits were raised going into the Allstar race. SHR was already running poorly before that.

It is a weird relationship with Hendrick. Many thought he wouldn't win a championship as long as he leased chassis and engines from them. But he did. But how long can this relationship continue? Joe Gibbs had the same deal with Hendrick, but Gordon got mad when Labonte started beating him, and then Gibbs went on its own.

Someday Tony might have to start up his own engine and chassis shop to be in full control of how the 14 and 39 does. I don't think Hendrick is giving SHR bad equipment. But they don't them beating them each and every week. If you listen to when Gordon and Johnson talk closely about SHR they are basically saying "it's cool when they do well, but it is isn't cool when they beat us." Johnson's reaction at Las Vegas after Tony beat him says it all.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:49 pm

I did hear either Chad or Jimmie say their car at Dover was brand new. When was the last time Ryan or Tony had a brand new car? I haven't heard either mention having new cars. Actually Jeff had a much better car than Jimmie, but pit road lost him the win. His car was flying and he passed Jimmie like he was standing still. Ryan and Tony have no speed among other things. Don't know if Jeff's car was new, but he really had better speed than anyone else on the track. We need some of that! What ever "THAT " is?
"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:04 pm

Tony had a brand new car at Darlington. Ryan had a brand new car at Charlotte.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

palino_s

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:09 pm

Tony was struggling at Texas, Kansas, All Stars and Charlotte.. Tony is struggling at 1.5-mile ovals..

He is average at Dover some years..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:30 pm

Annalee wrote:I think you could be on to something .......and I find it interesting when SHR is fast Hendrick is struggling and when Hendrick is fast SHR is struggling! Why also is there such inequality among drivers on the same team?

I am also wondering why NASCAR has raised the side skirts on the cars. Last night on RACEHUB Elliot Sadler mentioned something about aero balance and side skirts having messed up most of the set ups in the last three races. Supposedly this change will take 40-50lbs of down force off. That is when SHR really started running badly. I know absolutely nothing about aero balance and side skirts on cars, maybe someone here can explain why this is so important and what has happened. :roll: :roll: :roll: :?:

Believe not just the side skirts bout raised the front of the car up as well. In theory (Nascars theory) it will help the car in 2nd catch the car in 1st instead of having the front car in clean air just run away from the field (like it has been for years)
It takes away some handling (which I actually wanted) & also would allow the air to get under the car instead of making a bubble of air between the front car & back car. which in turn is suppose to allow for more passing instead of just pushing the car in front with the air. Kinda like bringing back the slingshot. so if the theory rings true, it will be for the good in my book. Not sure all this is true, but that is the theory behind the changes.
As far as why the SHR cars hasnt been fast. I dont know why Tony isnt, but Ryans car is never "in" the track, therfore can never be fast. This has nothing to do with HMS (or any conspiracy) it has to do with a fat turd on the 39 team.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:27 pm

Tony is inconsistent right now because early in the season they were using the setups from last years chase. And now they are trying to work in Steve Addington's setups and ideas. They have worked at Richmond and Darlington, not so much at the 1.5 mile tracks. Just have to remember this is a new driver/cc relationship. It still takes time nothing happens like magic in this sport. The good thing is that Smoke is happy with his communication with Addington unlike his communication with Grubb.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:49 pm

michaeljohn wrote:ya maybe he can get his cars from rcr or dei, and he and ryan can run mid pack every week, hahaha, only a matter of time conspiracy's would arise...

did ya notice that the 48 was running good ALL year except for Daytona and tallaldega?? its good to see your worried about tony, who pretty much has a chase spot locked up, and ryan who is barely holding onto a spot by 1 point.

Use to believe in these conspiracy theories till Tony won the championship last year and it would only make sense if HMS didn't have a shot at it themselves.Unfortunately the days of build your own are gone for the smaller teams.What i've seen over the past decade or better is HMS is #1 in Chevy eng.and chassis and like Jr.Johnson days gone by,so is RCR/DEI.Tony would be a fool to go anywhere else for eng.and chassi unless he had the money to build his own and even then it takes years.Personally,i think Tony and Steve are just experimenting before the chase and as we seen last season,it can be done.The one thing Tony doesn't have is chad and it still wouldn't mean they'd click as Chad and JJ do.Kudos to HMS,can't stand the man,but hey,his equiptment is the best and Tony knows it.It's up to SHR to make their set ups and pit strategy to overcome the rest of the field. What's the excuse when Roush or JGR car dominates a race? ;)
<<

Mustang98

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:07 pm

Hi! :)
I just take a wild guess here, so don't kill me! :)

Maybe he have some private trouble. I have my own bussines and when i'm in trouble in private life sometimes it goes to my bussines too.
Sure you try to block it out, but that's not always possible.

Whatever it is i hope he will get his focus back and i'm sure he makes the best of the next races.
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:45 pm

Mustang98 wrote:Hi! :)
I just take a wild guess here, so don't kill me! :)

Maybe he have some private trouble. I have my own bussines and when i'm in trouble in private life sometimes it goes to my bussines too.
Sure you try to block it out, but that's not always possible.

Whatever it is i hope he will get his focus back and i'm sure he makes the best of the next races.

Don't know about Tony having any issues aside running alot of Dirt races,but i think Kurt Busch has some issues. :lol:

Return to Tony