FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tony finishes 25th in a wreck but good points day.

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:10 pm

Tony finishes 25th in a wreck but good points day.

He was moving up when Landon Cassil came down on him. Its a good thing so many drivers wrecked and Kyle and Carl had issues. Tony actually moved up in points to 8th. Imgaine that.

On to Pocono where Tony has two wins.
Last edited by Smokeshow14 on Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Tony finishes 25th in a wreck but good points day.

I can't believe Tony moved up in points!! What a race, saw parts of it! Can't wait to get home and see the whole thing. Good job putting the car back together, it looked brand new. Kudos to Steve and the pit crew. Hope they used this as a test to find out what set ups to use in the future. What started out very ugly, turned out to be ok in the end. :) :)

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:44 pm

Did anyone see his interview after he got out of the infield care center? Very weird interview. I have no idea what to think of it. It was like emotionless except for a hint of maybe he wanted to take some of the blame for the accident.
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

gsl71

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:43 pm

When I saw him after the wrecking. He looked so sad and didn't seem to know what to say. Say hardly anything and be Politically correct or say lots and get yourself into trouble. Don't make fun of me but I wanted to cry. I felt so bad for him. But I'm happy he was able to make it back in the race and finish.
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:58 pm

MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:Did anyone see his interview after he got out of the infield care center? Very weird interview. I have no idea what to think of it. It was like emotionless except for a hint of maybe he wanted to take some of the blame for the accident.

He looks exhausted: too much dirt racing, Prelude, poor performance of SHR in the last couple of races, sponsorship for Ryan. He has a lot on his plate. I know he has people who do these things for him , but the ultimate responsibility is on his shoulders.
I will say that on the scanner he was pretty up beat, all things considered. Didn't get to hear all the race on the scanner, but right after the wreck he was okay. I hope Steve and the boys could find a solution to the setup problems at Dover.

Maybe on your ride around at Michigan you could ask him?!? :lol: :lol: Just kidding. It would give you something to talk about! :). He is suppose to be on Wind Tunnel soon, we'll see what he has to say there.

I # Support Smoke
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:12 pm

Annalee wrote:
MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:Did anyone see his interview after he got out of the infield care center? Very weird interview. I have no idea what to think of it. It was like emotionless except for a hint of maybe he wanted to take some of the blame for the accident.

He looks exhausted: too much dirt racing, Prelude, poor performance of SHR in the last couple of races, sponsorship for Ryan. He has a lot on his plate. I know he has people who do these things for him , but the ultimate responsibility is on his shoulders.
I will say that on the scanner he was pretty up beat, all things considered. Didn't get to hear all the race on the scanner, but right after the wreck he was okay. I hope Steve and the boys could find a solution to the setup problems at Dover.

Maybe on your ride around at Michigan you could ask him?!? :lol: :lol: Just kidding. It would give you something to talk about! :). He is suppose to be on Wind Tunnel soon, we'll see what he has to say there.

I agree, he did seem sad now that I think about it. He just doesn't seem right these last few weeks. Hopefully it's nothing too bad.

Aren't you clever! That would be something to ask, but I think I have down pat what I want to ask, if given the chance that is and if the 'Tony Effect' stays away! I had to go rescue my little brother who decided to have car problems on the expressway so I missed the Wind Tunnel. I had someone DVR it for me, but hopefully it was worth it. How was it?
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:31 pm

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:17 am

His interview just sounded like he was dejected and in disbelief that his race was over that quick.

On wind tunnel he was in a great mood though. Probably because he was still able to move up in points and is heading to one of his best tracks.

Since they were able to repair the car so well, they used the remaining laps as a test session. They ran lap times as good as the top five. Look at it this way, he finished 25th last fall too, and now they were able to get the same finish, but might have found something they need for the fall.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:44 am

The 14 bunch dodged a bullet today plain and simple.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:29 pm

He looked great on Wind Tunnel, same Tony! He probably was just tired and glad that day was over in the first interview. I can certainly understand that.

I # Support Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:17 pm

Tony's gain in the points standings was thanks to Kyle's engine blowing up.

THANKS KYLE!! :D :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

*****Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500*****

Return to Tony