FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

TONY All Access is on Speeds RACE HUB at 6pm ET tonight

<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Wed May 30, 2012 5:33 pm

TONY All Access is on Speeds RACE HUB at 6pm ET tonight

NASCAR Race Hub

about an hour ago.

We've packed a lot in to the show tonight! Ray Dunlap on Trucks, a Tony Stewart All-Access and Edsel Ford and Michael Annett take the hot seat in the studio.
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Thu May 31, 2012 5:55 am

Re: TONY All Access is on Speeds RACE HUB at 6pm ET tonight

Part II is tonight at 6pm... 5/31/2012.
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

kim92164

Post Thu May 31, 2012 7:44 am

I hope there's a link because I don't have satellite or cable. I know, I live in the dark ages, lol.
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Thu May 31, 2012 7:07 pm

kim92164 wrote:I hope there's a link because I don't have satellite or cable. I know, I live in the dark ages, lol.

The second part was even better. I would check Speeds Race Hub site and I bet they'll have them posted to view soon!
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu May 31, 2012 9:38 pm

Good pieces. Tony is a smart guy who really cares about the sport.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Annalee

Post Thu May 31, 2012 11:02 pm

That's our Tony!!!

kim92164 wrote:I hope there's a link because I don't have satellite or cable. I know, I live in the dark ages, lol.
I looked on the Speed TV, and didn't see a link just yet. They did have an interview with Carl, so Tony should be there very soon. There was an article on Tony and Dover that was pretty good.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

lmalley

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:05 am

Having owned and run a small, family resort hotel which we lost due to the recession, I had to disagree with Tony (can't stand doing that) about the hotel pricing at Charlotte (or any race track) which may make it too cost prohibitive for a typical family. Hotels also have expenses that have to be met and if race week-end is the only time they have big demand for rooms, they have to charge more. They've got to pay the bills the other 51 weeks of the year. Heating, cooling, lighting, taxes, insurance, cable/wi-fi (which everyone expects for free these days) laundry, cleaning, pest-control,
"free" breakfast, grounds keeping, advertising and a million other things all cost money. If these costs aren't met, than the hotel will not be there for families next time they come to the track. I should know. Our occupancy dropped 80% after the last election. Coincidence?
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:36 pm

Here's bonus footage of the interview.

http://bcove.me/buntabgv
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:58 pm

lmalley wrote:Having owned and run a small, family resort hotel which we lost due to the recession, I had to disagree with Tony (can't stand doing that) about the hotel pricing at Charlotte (or any race track) which may make it too cost prohibitive for a typical family. Hotels also have expenses that have to be met and if race week-end is the only time they have big demand for rooms, they have to charge more. They've got to pay the bills the other 51 weeks of the year. Heating, cooling, lighting, taxes, insurance, cable/wi-fi (which everyone expects for free these days) laundry, cleaning, pest-control,
"free" breakfast, grounds keeping, advertising and a million other things all cost money. If these costs aren't met, than the hotel will not be there for families next time they come to the track. I should know. Our occupancy dropped 80% after the last election. Coincidence?

Sorry,but i agree with Tony and if there isn't enough attractions in that area during the rest of the year to cover the so called hotel losses, then why build them to begin with or build so many? Supply and demand,it's all about greed and what they can get away with to make the most of it,same thing goes with horse racing in Saratoga,Ny.$$$$ the rich are coming! Far as your loss of your own hotel,i am sorry to hear of that as many in this area are closing as well as there is little here anymore compared to years gone by.
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:07 pm

My friend and I started planning our trip to Darlington back in March. We made our hotel reservations, flights, and got our car rental at the Myrtle Beach airport. For 5 nights/6 day car rental it was going to cost us a whopping $119.00 for a mid-sized. We thought it was an awesome price! We decided to add an extra day about 3 weeks before we were to go in order to take that tour of the race shops and mind you it was an extra week DAY not even a weekEND. They wanted us to pay an extra $200.00 for that one day. We pitched a fit and eventually, after a little word play the manager we were talking to let it slip that prices always go up during the NASCAR races at Darlington.

So, the bottom line is we had a very affordable vacation going UNTIL the car company got wise to it being Darlington time for those dates. We eventually pitched such a fit we only ended up paying $60.00 more for that day, but still, it was absolutely stupid!

I'm just thankful that I live so close to MIS. 45 minutes means I can stay at home and drive to the track for the races with no outrageous costs!
<<

lmalley

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:59 pm

Its a quandary. How do you offer decent, updated lodging during race week and survive the rest of the year? You have to maximize your occupancy when the demand is high. Its not about greed. Its about survival. BTW, ultimately glad to be out of the tourism business. The worse the economy gets, the more demanding customers are and the more they expect for "free". Families are not satisfied swimming or fishing or tossing a ball. Its got be high tech, sensory sizzling, non-stop blizzard of entertainment ala Six Flags, Disney, Universal all the time. The days of catching frogs are over. Well, maybe some in this crowd still enjoy the outdoors, but our customers were strictly NYC. We had a saying, "They come to commune with Nature, but God forbid, Nature shows up!"

Return to Tony