FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I'm flying here...

<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Wed May 30, 2012 12:57 pm

Re: I'm flying here...

ndunn wrote:I doubt if Tony will have an attitude as he knows this is an auction for the NASCAR Foundation and where the money comes from. His attitude comes from the push and shove he is forced into as he is usually calm and cool.

I'm sure you are correct! I was looking for an excuse not to take video. :P
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed May 30, 2012 1:13 pm

I'm sure Tony's attitude is totally different with fans than it is with reporters who ask dumb questions. (Just don't ask him any dumb questions or he's apt to "help" you out of the truck) ;) :lol: :lol:

This interview with Jenna Fryer "gone wrong" is classic Tony (about 1:33 minutes in).

"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

jenniferhershner

Post Wed May 30, 2012 1:31 pm

Good for you. He's our hero too.
<<

ndunn

Post Wed May 30, 2012 4:42 pm

I remember the interview when it was live. I can see Tony's point and I just noticed something I'd never paid attention to before. He is surrounded in a small area by media and then he has someone who is asking the same question over and over. Where was her journalism protocal? Does anyone think Walter Cronkite asked stupid question? I doubt it and I don't ever remember him shoving anyone against the wall for an answer. He was one of the most responsible journalist we could count on. Sad thing today is anyone can grab a note pad and jot down a few lines and fill it in later. They are also great at trying to embarrass the person they are interviewing.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Wed May 30, 2012 5:23 pm

jenniferhershner wrote:Good for you. He's our hero too.

Yup. That's why I shared it with all of you. I know everyone here admires him and eventually, I hope you all get your chance!
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Wed May 30, 2012 5:30 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:I'm sure Tony's attitude is totally different with fans than it is with reporters who ask dumb questions. (Just don't ask him any dumb questions or he's apt to "help" you out of the truck) ;) :lol: :lol:

This interview with Jenna Fryer "gone wrong" is classic Tony (about 1:33 minutes in).

Wow, that was sad. Good for him in knocking her down a notch but wow! Marty has great questions because he takes the time to do research and he seems to care about the sport. Trust me, I already know what I'm going to ask. I feel confident it's the right thing to say. ;) If I can remember it that is.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed May 30, 2012 10:24 pm

Yes, think of a few things you want to say to him and just know he has such a good sense of humor that he will put you somewhat at ease. Savor your time with him....
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

azk8ster

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:55 pm

So are you back to Earth yet? I hope he rain didn't mess things up for you, I'm dying to hear how things went!!!!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:45 pm

Awww, thanks, but... there is another post in the NASCAR & Racing forum that explains exactly what happened, or what didn't happen actually. It's titled BIG DISAPPOINTMENT... check it out and you'll see.
Previous

Return to Tony