FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Stewart suffers cut diving into lake, but is OK

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri May 25, 2012 6:18 pm

Stewart suffers cut diving into lake, but is OK

#14-Tony Stewart was sporting a bandage covering a wound on the right side of his forehead Thursday at Charlotte Motor Speedway. "I beat my head against the bottom of Lake Norman, unfortunately, on Sunday," Stewart said after practice Thursday. "I would have been easier on the car, but the lake still won." Stewart indicated that he hit his head while diving into the lake. The wound did not require stitches. "(The bandage) is to just keep the helmet from rubbing the skin," Stewart said. "It's got a road rash up there. The Band-Aid is just to keep the helmet from rubbing it and opening it back up." He said he was not knocked out during the incident. "I was able to swim," he said. "I was fine."(Sporting News)(5-25-2012)

Wow must have not been a no diving sign at the lake.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Fri May 25, 2012 7:48 pm

Re: Stewart suffers cut diving into lake, but is OK

Smokeshow14 wrote:#14-Tony Stewart was sporting a bandage covering a wound on the right side of his forehead Thursday at Charlotte Motor Speedway. "I beat my head against the bottom of Lake Norman, unfortunately, on Sunday," Stewart said after practice Thursday. "I would have been easier on the car, but the lake still won." Stewart indicated that he hit his head while diving into the lake. The wound did not require stitches. "(The bandage) is to just keep the helmet from rubbing the skin," Stewart said. "It's got a road rash up there. The Band-Aid is just to keep the helmet from rubbing it and opening it back up." He said he was not knocked out during the incident. "I was able to swim," he said. "I was fine."(Sporting News)(5-25-2012)

Wow must have not been a no diving sign at the lake.

I just listened to him talk about it on that Office Depot replay of their Q&A session. That's scary and I'm super glad he didn't hurt himself badly.
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

gsl71

Post Sat May 26, 2012 3:43 pm

I agree I have heard of many people being seriously injured by hitting their head while diving into water. But I am very grateful he is ok. I will also offer my services to kiss his boo boo! ;) :D
<<

beminetony

Post Sat May 26, 2012 3:53 pm

On the World of Outlaws last night you could see his head BUMPS real good. There was one on each side, one was pretty big & the other one smaller. Some are saying he fell off the boat,( drunk) but who really knows...lol Glad he wasn't hurt too bad and he did really good racing WOO last night too.
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Sat May 26, 2012 4:45 pm

beminetony wrote:On the World of Outlaws last night you could see his head BUMPS real good. There was one on each side, one was pretty big & the other one smaller. Some are saying he fell off the boat,( drunk) but who really knows...lol Glad he wasn't hurt too bad and he did really good racing WOO last night too.

I've personally known someone who fell of a boat drunk and he didn't come out with only a couple of scrapes. But than again, that's all we saw were the two head scrapes on Tony so he could be hiding worse... He doesn't seem to be a very good liar so unless he really practiced this story over and over again he didn't seem to have any hesitation during his Q&A at OD. I don't want to believe the bad stories. That would make him human and I like my heroes to be better than that. 8-)
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sat May 26, 2012 7:18 pm

"I fought the lake... and the lake won...

I fought the lake... and the lake won..." ;-)

The Clash ^

Poor baby... another scar to add to the mix. But that's OK... cuz as Tony says and knows - "Chicks dig guys with scars." ;-)

If all the females that wanted to kiss his boo-boo & make it better, got together.... he'd be healed that day! LOL " Kiss ONLY the boo-boo ... STAY AWAY from lips, cheeks, neck...." ;-D

I, too, know about 4 people, whose dive into the lake ( or river ) was the last fun they ever had - it can be deadly serious. :-( Soooo glad he's OK with minimum damage. :-) I think it's the luck of a champion.... LOL

Ok Tony... stop jumping from planes, diving into lakes, running with scissors, and doing other things that can get you hurt. It's dangerous out here in the world... you need to stick to you day job, where it's safe. ;-) hee hee hee
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Sun May 27, 2012 7:49 am

smokieonefour wrote:If all the females that wanted to kiss his boo-boo & make it better, got together.... he'd be healed that day! LOL " Kiss ONLY the boo-boo ... STAY AWAY from lips, cheeks, neck...." ;-D

Well, that would be a hard rule to follow... I'm not a Saint!
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon May 28, 2012 8:44 pm

beminetony wrote:On the World of Outlaws last night you could see his head BUMPS real good. There was one on each side, one was pretty big & the other one smaller. Some are saying he fell off the boat,( drunk) but who really knows...lol Glad he wasn't hurt too bad and he did really good racing WOO last night too.

Tony drunk again,most of of us can at least say that! :lol:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

tonysgirl14

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:46 pm

Thank God he is okay a little boo-boo is nothing

Return to Tony