FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tony finishes 24th in a wreck

<<

osoblu

Post Mon May 07, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Tony finishes 24th in a wreck

Love the Tony comments. Wonder though why Tony gave reporters this interview. Was he obligated by Nascar to talk to these folks??

This is vintage Smoke. David Newton started it last week asking Tony about the lack of wrecks in Nascar this year. Tony gave him the answer he was looking for this week. LOL
<<

im4tony

Post Mon May 07, 2012 3:21 pm

Loved Tony's comments and of course the way he delivered it -- priceless.
Nascar needs to do away with the restrictor plate races. There is no talent in what they do...just Luck.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

Annalee

Post Mon May 07, 2012 3:29 pm

beminetony wrote:Thanks everyone for posting and the interview was awesome, He is the KING of SNARK... I wanted to bash Hamlin even though it wasn't really his fault. I bet Tony & Cupcake would have went straight to the front too.
He was at 8th -20 pts , he is now 7th -50 points..ugh

When I saw those two hook up I just knew this was going to be great!! But I think you can thank Allmendinger for taking out most of the field, he came down on Denny to block and the rest is history. I would have loved to see Tony and Cupcake race for the win that would have been worth the price of admission. 8-)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Lizard

Post Mon May 07, 2012 5:32 pm

Annalee wrote:
beminetony wrote:Thanks everyone for posting and the interview was awesome, He is the KING of SNARK... I wanted to bash Hamlin even though it wasn't really his fault. I bet Tony & Cupcake would have went straight to the front too.
He was at 8th -20 pts , he is now 7th -50 points..ugh

When I saw those two hook up I just knew this was going to be great!! But I think you can thank Allmendinger for taking out most of the field, he came down on Denny to block and the rest is history. I would have loved to see Tony and Cupcake race for the win that would have been worth the price of admission. 8-)

Now the thing is I would hate to be AJ when Tony and Cupcake had a chance to see the replay because I would place money that one or both of them went and had a chat letting him know not to be stupid like that again.

I am judging based on what I was told because storms finally killed the power just as Tony and Cupcake were moving foward and when power came back on they were smashed up.

As the interview ......that is so why I love Tony!!
Last edited by Lizard on Mon May 07, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon May 07, 2012 5:41 pm

Fantastic interview! WTG Tony. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gotta love that man. :D :D :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

HRR

Post Tue May 08, 2012 3:26 pm

I only have one thing to say about the outcome of the race... The Dinger made a HUGE ROOKIE mistake... but don't think those 11 drivers whom got taken out contention will not forget who caused that wreck..that could have been totally avoided. I am a huge Smoke fan.. my tat speaks for itself.. Tony, despite the overheating.. I think was on a mission to go win that race.. being the patient person he is..lol.. waited until there was under 20 to go to make his move to the front... on that particular restart... the high line was working for him, and I do believe that he might have pulled it off with his help..His crew and Nascar failed him at Richmond, and there was only one thing to do at Dega.. and that was to win. But thanks to the Dinger not using the brain GOD gave him.. he, in my eyes ruined a getting really good race to the end for everyone. If I was Tony... the Dinger would be one of the guys who's day I would just have to ruin some time in the future... the Have at it BOYS has not been much seen this year...but besides Tony.... there are many others I am sure will just get the frustration out on AJ.. and what better place than Darlington! Hint Hint! Payback...is a B.... not more to add to this one.. GO SMOKE>>> Tame the Lady in Black this week.. I can say one thing.. Tony has 2 more wins than Jimmie Johnson towards the chase.. I would like to see JJ miss the chase because he did not win a race! NOW that would be really nice.... Considering... that I really HATE JJ! To many band wagon jumpers at my job.. was nice to rub Tony's championship run and win in there FACES!
<<

Jane127

Post Wed May 09, 2012 8:46 am

Just finished listening to Tony's interview after Dega.....WOW! I can not believe how diplomatically the truth was said! Also heard that NASCAR was not going to fine him for his remarks! Isn't that just the sweetist thing?! Who even mentioned NASCAR (the dictator) ... I am so glad Tony wants to spend money on wrecked cars instead of all the little kids and animals he helps. Keep the sarcasism coming, some events deserve it. Proud of ya Tony!
<<

MikeT

Post Wed May 09, 2012 9:23 am

Once again classic Stewart, I for one am glad to see it. Figure 8 I think he's on to something there.

Mike
I'm with Smoke.
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Wed May 09, 2012 12:57 pm

Wow, I missed this one. Who is cupcake? Hamlin? And what is the story behind the name?
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

Bel14

Post Wed May 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Cupcake is the name giving to Harvick either by Tony or his spotter and no one will come clean or they cannot remember why they call him that.
"Our race fans know more about my schedule than I know about my schedule...Race fans are a special breed of fan you do not see in other sports. They will ride the highest of the highs and the lowest of the lows with you no matter what."
Tony Stewart
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu May 10, 2012 12:30 am

Bel14 wrote:Cupcake is the name giving to Harvick either by Tony or his spotter and no one will come clean or they cannot remember why they call him that.

Cupcake is the name the spotter gave Harvick. I also dont know how it started.
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

Post Thu May 10, 2012 2:26 pm

Cupcake is the nickname Delana had given Kevin and Tony heard it, from then on he was affectionately known as "CUPCAKE"! Good news like this spreads fast and knowing Tony he called him cupcake every time he could and Robert liked it also. Hence: Cupcake Harvick ;) ;) :)

I love the nickname of the Harvick baby "Otis". :lol: The Harvicks's love nicknames. :)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

jenniferhershner

Post Mon May 14, 2012 3:31 pm

You're a champion. Don't go there. :)
Previous

Return to Tony