FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Smoke Pit

<<

Smoke_14

Post Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:41 pm

Smoke Pit

Wanted to know if joining the smoke pit is worth it? Any members?
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Smoke Pit

I was a 5 yr member, but my membership expired in Jan & I didn't renew.
Just because I didn't renew doesn't make me any less of a fan of his, I just didn't use the membership that much.

I did save $15 with my membership discount last yr. You'll save 20% when you spend $50 or more, but you can't use it at NASCAR races or pre-order items on his web site. Once in a while they'll send members E-mail where you can get a discount on stuff at the store on line.

This year's Fan Club package includes:
Smoke Pit T-shirt
Membership Card
Hero Card(s)
Chevy Bag (About 12" tote if it's like what they sent in 2010)
Smoke Pit Shammy
Smoke Pit License Plate
Smoke Pit Air Freshener
Smoke Pit Tire Gauge
Smoke Pit Keychain
Then if available
Sponsor Items

Kit says will take 4-6 weeks, but it's usually late April to May when they get all the kit stuff sent to them so they can send it out to members.

Good luck on your decision.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

Smoke_14

Post Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:35 pm

Thanks for the feedback Smoke14Wins. I appreciate it. I never have been a member, and heard it takes awhile for things to arrive, but was just wondering if it was worth the price. Seems to me you get quite a bit when you sign up, but nothing really too valuable. Thanks again.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

im4tony

Post Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:52 pm

I am a member but doubt I will renew and not because I don't love Tony just pricey for what you get. If he had a fan appreciation day that was for Smoke Pit members then that would be different. I would rather put that money toward a race ticket.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

PosieFor14

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:01 am

I was a member for the first time last year, and I renewed again for this year. Smoke Pit is less expensive that the old Smoke VIP used to be, so it's a better deal. The fan pack actually wasn't too bad, and probably if you look at what the retail value of that stuff is, it was worth the cost of membership. The shopping discount is nice on merchandise, and if you actually visit SHR, you can use your membership to get a discount off your merchandise in their store too. Haven't really found the special access area for Smoke Pit members on his website to be too much of an extra, but overall, I think membership is worth while.
When you go, do not follow the well worn path, instead make your own path and leave a trail.

Return to Tony