All things Tony
Post a reply

The 14 team was experimenting Saturday

Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:22 pm

Larry McReynolds said on the race hub yesterday that he spoke to some crew member on the team, and found out that the 14 was doing a "science project." At least there is a reason for their struggle, not sure about Ryan. Like Larry went on to say I hope they use at Kansas what worked at Chicagoland, Homestead, and Vegas.

Re: The 14 team was experimenting Saturday

Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:29 pm

A "failed" science project, I would say. :|

Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:35 pm

Maybe that was what Tony was talking about when he said he knew what was wrong with the car but they couldn't fix it with a pit stop. I wish they would let us know when they are doing this so we can adjust our picks! ;) ;) :D :(

Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:43 pm

Annalee wrote:I wish they would let us know when they are doing this so we can adjust our picks! ;) ;) :D :(

Good point! We can also lower our expectations.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:51 pm

Geez, why don't they test that stuff at a test track. Plenty of other teams have found other tracks to test at. Personally I don't think that's smart. Look how far back that bad race got him, from 3rd to 7th in 1 race. You never know what's going to happen "down the road". He could have a few more bad races just because of circumstances and to have basically thrown one away, I just don't get it. The new points system doesn't leave much room for error. Oh well, I just hope they don't do that again.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:06 am

Annalee wrote:Maybe that was what Tony was talking about when he said he knew what was wrong with the car but they couldn't fix it with a pit stop. I wish they would let us know when they are doing this so we can adjust our picks! ;) ;) :D :(

Yeah, really...help us out here! :lol:

I was kind of relieved to hear that they'd been experimenting and not just off that badly (well, clearly the experiment didn't work, but meaning they weren't trying a 'typical' setup that was off so badly). Brad K's team has apparently been experimenting, too, they said (though not at Texas, did I hear that right?).
Post a reply