FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Once again!!!

<<

smokinTA

Post Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:52 pm

Re: Once again!!!

So far, this is all I could find on the topic, several sources used the exact same wording. I’d be guessing, but it appears that during the pit stop, the 48 crew noticed the oil leak, but Knaus sent the car out anyway. That’s just wrong IMO.

The Associated Press

The rain erased a potential disappointment for five-time Fontana champion Jimmie Johnson, who was 10th when the caution came out. He elected to pit, getting four tires and fuel — but moments later, his car started spitting smoke.

With no idea what was wrong with the car, crew chief Chad Knaus told Johnson to keep dripping oil on the course so he could keep his position if the race was red-flagged. The strategy worked, and the five-time Sprint Cup champions extended their streak to 10 straight top-10 finishes on this track.
"Excuse me, pardon me, comin' through" ~ Tony Stewart
"Take a deep breath, I've got this" ~ Tony Stewart
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:33 pm

Under those circumstances, I have no problem with chad's decision to send the #48 back out. I think it was a good call to try and salvage the best position possible for his driver.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

smokinTA

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:58 am

Yeah, but intentionally spewing oil on the track, there’s has got to be something in the rule books against that. :lol: Why else would he be acting so clueless? “Smoke, what makes you say that?” I just can’t stand the guy. I’ll have to conjure up a more potent jinx for that team for Martinsville. 8-)
"Excuse me, pardon me, comin' through" ~ Tony Stewart
"Take a deep breath, I've got this" ~ Tony Stewart
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:54 am

Perhaps Mr Knaus wanted JJ to hide the oil then he could wreck the car during a victory lap if he won. He had that figured out once before. This man has to have the name Snake because of the way he thinks.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
Previous

Return to Tony