All things Tony
Post a reply

Tony ok with Brendan

Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:32 pm

Brendan rushed to Tony after the race to explain what happened. Brendan brakes failed so Tony being there in a way was a good thing as he cushioned the blow. Tony actually said he was kinda glad he was there rather then Brendan hitting hard with no brakes.

Re: Tony ok with Brendan

Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:19 pm

Ok, I take back all my bad feelings I had for Brendan! I will say that Steve did a great job with Tony's car, he ran so, so much better than last year. Over the scanner Tony was pleased with most of the changes, only one of the last changes didn't work. Before the incident with Brendan I really thought he could have had at least a top 5 finish! Good job Steve and crew, the results don't reflect the effort, but it will! Bristol is Bristol, and the best cars don't always win. ;) ;) look at Ryan's!! :( :(

Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:33 pm

Well, at least that explains what happened. Unfortunate that Tony had to be the one to slow Brendan's car down. :(

Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:12 pm

"Brendan rushed to Tony to explain"; ok that just states how he was not wanting to be on Smokes bad side.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:58 am

Oh, I see. Brendan's brakes were Gaughan. :)

Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:34 pm

Really--Tony Stewart not being upset and angry after being wrecked in a race--c'mon--really? This is all for the press/media but down deep--we know he is P--off. :roll:

It looked for a time like SHR might have decent finishes but that didnt last long, although it isnt terrible or as bad as it couldve been? Saw the mad man Kyle found his temper again--cant blame him too much?

Actually since it was Bristol many are saying it was kind of calm compared to yrs past, esp in NNs was almost boring?

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:55 am

[quote="racer1"]Really--Tony Stewart not being upset and angry after being wrecked in a race--c'mon--really? This is all for the press/media but down deep--we know he is P--off. :roll:

Do u do this on purpose to get ppl to argue w/ u or are u really this evil?? :roll:

I usually stay away from this kind of CRAP posted by u but geesh....this is gettin monotonous and frankly the reason most ppl arent commenting ....Its this kind of gibberish that has been the downfall of this site......this used to be a very fun and happy place to be...but its posters like u that has ruined it for most of us...Your not the first and u certainly wont be the last....even tho I think ur one of the old ones under a new name but thats just MY personal thots.....Continue to post by all means....u have the right to do so...it is a public forum but just remember its also the right of others to disagree and even bash u for ur opinions....

tc

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:43 am

Agree, TC.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:34 pm

Right on TC...

Blag Flag - Very funny & Witty! Brakes were Gaughan.... ha ha ha ha

Hee hee hee to Lizard & Hidden Hollow too! :-)

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:20 am

Thanks, smokieonefour!

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:53 am

I have to agree with tc on her post. We all know the freedom of speech part but we do get tired of continual blasting of Tony and others. Some of us have followed Tony for years (yes some of us are that old) and we do treat him as a member of the family. We know he has a temper and a compassion which runs very deep. That can be a conflict at times but I doubt there is an other driver that gives back to his community and beyond anymore than he does. What I like about him is that he doesn't ask for applause from anyone for generosity he has given to others. I even agree with his attitude with the media. There is nothing more irritating than being asked either stupid questions or the same questions over and over. I certainly get tired of listening to it no matter who is being interviewed.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:36 pm

Racer1 probably believe all the babble that some of the anti Tony media members push out about him. Tony has a temper, but he is a good guy. Every driver knows this. Brian Vickers even said he was like a Teddy Bear. I don't know what your goal is with your post Racer1 but I agree with TC on this one...

Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:04 pm

Well said TC, NascarNana, NDunn, and Smokie :D

Blackflag.....nice :lol:

As for Racer.....I have tried but being polite but forget it you seem to think you know what you do not know. Racers like Tony know when it's a racing deal and when it is someone being an dumb ####. His first reaction was who hit me I didn't even do anything, which was followed with who it was and then he lost his brakes. Tony was actually glad he was there to keep Brendan from hitting wall with no brakes.

How about you do what I do in the F1 site I drop in on, learn before you comment.

And if TC is right and you are just trying to be a jerk and start garbage please just stop. This is a site for enjoyment and not garbage throwing. Enjoy racing and the fun discussions that come with it.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:57 pm

Brendan's pit stall was right next to Tony's, so he didn't have to go far to apologize. After replaying that part of the race, I am not so sure of the brake problem. I think he just got loose and slid up where Tony was, the rest is history. Any way I still think he is a "dart without feathers", sound familiar! Oh well, water under the bridge and on to Fontana! Go getum Tony! :)
Post a reply