FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Not meant to be

<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:39 pm

Re: Not meant to be

you sure this whole thread isnt about jamie more so than it is about tony?? all i see is jamie this and jamie that.... 10' was a fluke, a career yr for him, and if he has a sub par yet again, it will prove it was a fluke....
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:46 pm

michaeljohn wrote:you sure this whole thread isnt about jamie more so than it is about tony?? all i see is jamie this and jamie that.... 10' was a fluke, a career yr for him, and if he has a sub par yet again, it will prove it was a fluke....

I mentioned him once before rulez14 did and that was along with Kenseth and Harvick. Idk what kind of question that is as this is in the Tony section. All you do is bait me idk what your problem is with me it's been this way for what now 4 years? I won't fall for this one have a good day sir.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:40 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:I do agree the a championship means more. But the Daytona 500 is right behind it. Case closed.

Rulez don't tell me your one of them? Mikey won not just because he had good cars but he was a good driver. Winning the biggest race twice takes a good driver. And he is a champion for that no matter what you think. Tony seems to think the 500 is big as he says if he doesn't win it it will leave a big whole in his career. That's coming from a guy who has nothing to prove. The Daytona 500 will always be what NASCAR is. Just like the Indy 500 is what the IRL is. Maybe it is the closest Jamie will come to winning an actual championship idk, he has chase level talent. But the same cam be said for Ryan Newman.

O.k., I can see we're gettin' bogged down in semantics here, so...last time champion = winner(synonymous, whether you like it or not)...the 500 IS the biggest race of the year, but it's just that, one race, same points as er'ry other race...Cup Championship > 500 "champion"...if you want to buy into the NA$CAR hype machine and see it as the "be all, end all"...by all means, knock your self da' f*ck out. FACT is that YOU are in the minority(and not just here) like it or not. NOW...case closed... ;)

...and on Mikey...yep, if you think that someone who's stats sheet has nuthin' but "goose eggs" in the win column until '01-'03 where ALL four of his career wins happened, all at RP tracks(until everybody caught up HP wise)...then "goose eggs" the rest of the way(and a best points finish of 12th.) is a "good" driver???? Then yep...he's uhmmmm...good... :roll: And, no...he's a champion to YOU...no matter what I think, because you're the ONLY one I know who thinks of him as one... ;)

...Tony'll get over it if it doesn't happen for him(like Indy)...he's goin' to the HOF with or without it...Mikey "the 2x Cham-peen" isn't...period. ;)

As far as Ryan goes, at least he ACTUALLY makes the Chase on a fairly regular basis, so...there's at least a chance...Jamie...uhhmm...yeah, not so much. ;) BTW...I noticed how much that "GREAT CHAMPIONSHIP" helped him in '10...finished what...14th? Yeah, that 500 means A LOT now, huh... :mrgreen:

...btw, there's an "old" saying that after the 500...the REAL real season begins, so...let's get to it...and see if we can't get Smoke another REAL Championship... :lol:

P.S...I'm not one of them...I'm one of me... ;)
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:04 pm

Well Rulez14 what is your definition of a good driver. I don't even like Michael, but I will give him his props his had fast cars and had to be able to drive them. Mikey is a two time Daytona 500 champion no? Im done debating the importance of the 500. I just disagree with what you say its as simple as that and you can say what ever you please it won't change my mind. I just hope Tony will win this race soon.

Oh btw since 2006 Jamie has won 5 times, Ryan has won 3 times. And that's my last statement.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:05 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:Well Rulez14 what is your definition of a good driver. I don't even like Michael, but I will give him his props his had fast cars and had to be able to drive them. Mikey is a two time Daytona 500 champion no? Im done debating the importance of the 500. I just disagree with what you say its as simple as that and you can say what ever you please it won't change my mind. I just hope Tony will win this race soon.

Oh btw since 2006 Jamie has won 5 times, Ryan has won 3 times. And that's my last statement.

...yeah, yeah, 500 champion...winner...whatever... :roll:...if there's ever an obstinance contest...I know who'll be the Champion... :lol:

...as proof of said, this ridiculous Jamie-Ryan comparison...lovely how you arbitrarily pulled from '06 on out of you're 2-hole...CONVENIENTLY ignoring the fact that J-Mac's first full season was '03...and from '03-'05 Ryan won, what...ONLY 11 races, including 8 in '03 alone, that's 2 more than J-Mac's career total...in ONE year... :lol: Now, you're just reachin'...graspin' at straws...time to knock it off...right? ;) :lol: :lol:
Image Image
<<

jamo14

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:55 pm

A Daytona 500 win can get a mediocre driver more money, and that's about it.
A Daytona 500 win for a champion like Tony Stewart would be a nice piece of hardware for an already crowded trophy case...and that's about it.

Derrick Cope won the Daytona 500 once....that pretty much sums it up.....
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:47 pm

jamo14 wrote:A Daytona 500 win can get a mediocre driver more money, and that's about it.
A Daytona 500 win for a champion like Tony Stewart would be a nice piece of hardware for an already crowded trophy case...and that's about it.

Derrick Cope won the Daytona 500 once....that pretty much sums it up.....

...don't even try it Jamo...it's a hopless cause... ;) :|
Image Image
Previous

Return to Tony