FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Not meant to be

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:15 am

Not meant to be

Tony got through that one wreck when Jamie's car broke. Had a shot but Stenhouse took him and the field out. Shame. Idk if it will ever happen.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

kim92164

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:41 am

Re: Not meant to be

I think he will adventually win the Daytona 500. I just think, and this is my opinion, that alot of the racers get a little overly excited because this is "THE" big race of the year. And like most men (sorry guys) they won't admit it. They will act as though they are cool as a cucumber, when in reality they are either a little nervous deep down or it's their testorone kicking in that makes them gung ho on winning and they kinda lose site of what's around them. When they do this it not only effects their performance, but those around them as well. I've said it before, I'm a new fan of Tony's with this being my second year cheering for him (1st full year). I've got confidence in him that he will win it one day before he retires, which I don't see that happening for several years, lol.
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:17 am

The problem was what NASCAR did to the cars, in trying to change the tandem racing to pack racing. No one could pass, and if you can't pass you can't win! One day he will win it. :) We just have to hang in there. :( :( :cry: :cry: He apologized to his crew, he said he can "Win the short one's, it's the long races he can't figure out!" He will win it and it will make the prize that much sweeter. :) :)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:32 am

Annalee wrote:The problem was what NASCAR did to the cars, in trying to change the tandem racing to pack racing. No one could pass, and if you can't pass you can't win! One day he will win it. :) We just have to hang in there. :( :( :cry: :cry: He apologized to his crew, he said he can "Win the short one's, it's the long races he can't figure out!" He will win it and it will make the prize that much sweeter. :) :)

I like the way you think, Annalee! Keep that positive attitude. :D :D :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:56 am

...there were only 4 cars that coulda' won that race, the 4 that were there at the end...everyone else was runnin' for 5th.
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

tonycrazy

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:00 pm

If u noticed tho just before he was wrecked that first time he was in a 3rd outside line and making a run for the front.....really fast.....i knew if he could ever get out front to make a move he'd do it....and he was till that terrible wreck.....then he got put back in the pack again and just didnt have enuff time to make his way back.....oh and of course another wreck...but considering it all he didnt have so bad of a finish....i drew him in a driver pull as well as picked him on here to win so i was let down all the way round....but happy he finished where he did and not get a DNF....and w/ being involved in 2 wrecks that very well coulda happened.....

tc

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:03 pm

TC!! Great to see ya girl... where ya been?!? :D :D :D :D :D :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:14 pm

I have no doubt that Tony will take the Daytona 500 some day. Even if he never does win the 500 he'll always be one of the best that ever drove.
Last edited by ndunn on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

tonycrazy

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:22 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:TC!! Great to see ya girl... where ya been?!? :D :D :D :D :D :D

Howdy HH.....good to see ya too.....i just had a lot goin on in my lil world and frankly the site has been a bit boring....i just dont have time for the fighting, trolls, reincarnated dead ppl and negativity.....i go to the chat room some but thats bout it.....now that race season is back in swing i'll be round more...i think u have my email so if i aint round here much just hit me up....i keep in touch w/ all my shr buddies in fb for the most part.....I miss what this site used to stand for but now its just not the same.....

tc

<<

smokinnascar20

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:23 pm

One day.... this year looked really good, but Daytona is a crap shoot. Tony knows it and he'll take it in stride. Looking forward to the season. Go Smoke! ;)
<<

IMMRCHEVVY

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:16 pm

Maybe not for Daytona, but there are still 35 more races to go. Smoke, victory lane belongs to you, go get it!
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:32 pm

for you smoke fans. He finished 43rd one year at daytona & went on to win the Championship, so you guys should look at it as he is ahead of the curve right now ;)
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:19 pm

Schmmopy, are you saying "the cup is half full"!!!! Way to go, I knew you would come around. :lol:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Lizard

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:23 pm

ndunn wrote:I have no doubt that Tony will take the Daytona 500 some day. Even if he never does win the 500 he'll always be one of the best that ever drove. The crap about your career not complete without the win is nonsense. I understand all the woopla but that is just what it is "whoopla" . A person who puts years in and misses that race has just as much right to enjoy their career as anyone else. Does any one think Mark Martin isn't due the accolades he deserves? If Michael Waltrip can sit before a camera and carry on how he is the champion of two Daytona 500's plus one more win in over 30 years I think the same should count for a really big win streak for others. I suppose I have the wrong slant on this as I'm someone who knows nothing how a car runs and alot of what is involved and what counts to the racer. But I will always be a fan as I have been one for 60 + years.

Michael Waltrip is the perfect example of how a big part of winning at Daytona is LUCK.

I know Tony will get a Daytona win sometime, maybe when we all least expect it. It took Earnhardt 20 tries and DW 17 so I think he still has time to get one.

If it couldn't be Tony or Ryan I am glad it was Matt. He was hilarious in post race press room. Yawning and then saying, "what I don't my free breakfast?"(winners breakfast is being rescheduled for later in the season due to race delays).
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:25 pm

Annalee wrote:Schmmopy, are you saying "the cup is half full"!!!! Way to go, I knew you would come around. :lol:

the cup is always atleast half full for tony. If not someone gets fired :twisted:
it is us Ryan fans that are doomed!!! Image
ImageImageImage
Next

Return to Tony