FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

The Shoot out

<<

smokieonefour

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:32 am

Re: The Shoot out

Last few laps - kyle's win

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:35 am

Clint's Wild Ride

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

smokieonefour

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:37 am

2nd big wreck - 4th caution

Kenseth, Jr, Harvick & others

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

smokieonefour

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:50 am

Phoenix Racing must be so happy...Kurt has destroyed 2 cars... in 2 days...

That's GOT to hurt... and will probably leave a mark. Just saying.... ;-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

smokieonefour

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:53 am

Also... consider the last few moments as Kyle is on Tony, then with Tony, and then ahead of Tony....

What in the world of Waldo could Steve Addington have been thinking?

( Besides the obvious, the moment of the race)

... but you have to wonder if any or the three of them were trippin a little. ;-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

smokieonefour

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:00 am

And last but not least.... a HUGE HOORAY! to Tony and the #14 Team, for 2nd place! :-)

You guys ALL ROCK!

Excellent race! You guys made the waiting... worth it, in the end. :-)

Love ya! :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:38 am

finch told kurt not to worry, about wrecking the car during the race, had his blessing.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:24 am

I've never been a "Shrub" fan, but I must admit, his driving was superb last night. How many times did he almost wreck and how many times did he have to restart near or at the back of the pack.

Let's just hope that he can keep a cool head for the whole season this year.

Sorry to see Tony lose, but congrats to Kyle for putting on his driving clinic.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:03 pm

I am not a fan of the two car tango, but last nights race was not the answer. That was way to scary and dangerous. Not even to mention costly! I was so proud of SHR, they didn't loose any cars, but Hendricks, Childress, MWR, lost all their cars. Phoenix racing, lost the majority of their inventory! I am not an engineer but the way the cars were last year, at least they didn't roll or flip as much as Jeff's car did last nite and they seemed to be more stable and controllable. Except for Kyle, his ability to control the car is amazing. They boy can drive a car! I loved Steve Addington's comment to Tony on the radio on the last lap! "Careful, he'll wreck you if he can!" Congrats to Tony, first for an exciting finish and secondly for bringing the car home in one piece. Pole Day yeah! Go get um Tony, Ryan and Danica! :D
"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:47 pm

I love the racing Saturday night. It was exciting. The wrecks are because of the shorter rear spoiler and people are bumping in the corner. It is like how it used to be with the old car: don't touch in the corners. Wrecks will happen that is just plate racing, but if they can stop bump drafting in the cornrs that will dissloved some of these wrecks.

I hate seeing Tony lose but I knew Kyle had it won. You want to be second and breaking away with first on the last lap and he timed it perfectly. Kyle drove his #### off last night, earned mad respect from everyone. He may be a cokcy ahole, but he can drive.

As a driver that was an educationl race. If it goes green with like 10 to go, I'd want to be the lead car and just work both sides of the draft. If it goes down to a GWC you want to be the pusher and get away with your buddy and make your move at the end.
Last edited by Smokeshow14 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Lizard

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:57 pm

They have to get used to pack racing again, they are all rusty at it. I do think though that making the back wing smaller by an inch may not be a good move but only time will tell if we continue to see cars flip like Gordon did they need to change things. Tandem racing is just boring for drivers and fans, how many drivers commented last night even after wrecking out they had fun racing? It will hopefully be a short learning curve.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:14 pm

Only reason Gordon flipped is because a wrecked Johnson ramed into him.The only change I can see happening is regarding the release valves and radiator so people won't blow up in the 500 due to over heating.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:57 pm

ESPN CLASSIC will be on all this week with races from 1976 and on up at Daytona,if you are fairly new to the sport or you forgot how racing USE to be,i think you'd find it interesting either way.The mid-late 90's is where it really began to change or move away from it's roots.
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:06 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:Only reason Gordon flipped is because a wrecked Johnson ramed into him.The only change I can see happening is regarding the release valves and radiator so people won't blow up in the 500 due to over heating.

Jeff stated he was trying to get Kyle loose enough to get around him and that he did,JJ had no place to go at that point.When someone like Jeff or Tony aren't so sure of what the car in front of them are going to do once they're on them,it's obvious that Nascar should take a closer look at this areo package.The air was taken off #3 spoiler in 2001 while he was trying to block and he lost control.Tony may still have been new to the sport in 2001,but he also went sailing with the new "areo-package" they changed then too.
<<

tlmerk

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:19 pm

Smokie, thanks for posting that clip of the last few laps. I wasn't home but recorded it and for some reason the DVR cut out before the end of the race. What an ending wow!! I kind of liked all the cars that had a shot at the end there. Obviously, Kyle wasn't my first choice but from the driving I saw him do earlier in the race, it was pretty well deserved.

What an outstanding ending. Wish it was an SHR car out front at that last second... Oh wait, it was. That was a photofinish for sure.

Hope this sets the tone for the rest of the season and Smoke was snarky as ever in his interview post race. Some things don't ever change! :D
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
PreviousNext

Return to Tony