Tony Stewart No. 5!?! Are You Kidding Me :-(

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:43 pm

Tony Stewart No. 5!?! Are You Kidding Me :-(

Top 20 Countdown: No. 5 Tony Stewart

By Jay Busbee, Yahoo! Sports
6 hours, 37 minutes ago

Editor’s note: Yahoo! Sports is counting down the top 20 drivers of the 2012 season, as predicted by the Yahoo! Sports NASCAR staff – Jay Hart, Jay Busbee, Nick Bromberg and Geoffrey Miller. The countdown will conclude Feb. 17 with the unveiling of the No. 1 driver.

2011 finish: 1st

Our 2012 predictions:
• Jay Hart: 4th
• Jay Busbee: 7th
• Nick Bromberg: 5th
• Geoffrey Miller: 4th

Crew chief: Steve Addington

Offseason action: Replaced Darian Grubb as crew chief with Steve Addington; added his old crew chief, Greg Zipadelli, as competition director of Stewart-Haas Racing.

Outlook for 2012: Not even afterthought-to-winner Brad Keselowski had a more schizophrenic season than Tony Stewart. With his place in the Chase in doubt right up until the final weekend, Stewart didn’t even think he belonged in NASCAR’s postseason. But like the St. Louis Cardinals in baseball and the New York Giants in football, he proceeded to shock the sport by winning the championship.

As for how that victory will affect Stewart come 2012: Who knows? First, Stewart took the strange, perhaps unprecedented move of firing his crew chief right after a season championship win, replacing Darian Grubb with Steve Addington. Stewart also brought Greg Zipadelli into the Stewart-Haas fold, further bolstering his brain trust. And with the arrival of Danica Patrick and, more importantly, the Danica dollars, Stewart-Haas is now positioning itself as a potentially game-changing team. (Yes, yes, Patrick is technically a Tommy Baldwin Racing driver. Anyone really believe that?)

Anyway, Stewart has two knocks against him when it comes to keeping his momentum going. First is logistical: He will have to get used to Addington on the box, and that can be a tricky process, especially with a driver as touchy as Stewart. (Then again, Addington is a veteran of both Busch brothers; crewing Stewart could, in fact, count as the necessary third miracle for sainthood.) While Stewart and Grubb made the Chase all three years they were together, it wasn’t until this year that they were a serious factor

The other potential hiccup is more historical. Stewart traditionally doesn’t heat up until the weather does, and that means it could be May before he starts driving to his ability. Of course, everybody, including Stewart himself, counted the No. 14 out of the 2011 Chase … and we saw how that turned out.

Point of interest: For all the accolades in his career, Stewart is yet to win the Daytona 500. Don’t think that’s not on his mind now, at a time when literally any driver in the field has a chance to win. Keep an eye on Smoke during Daytona.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:02 pm

Re: Tony Stewart No. 5!?! Are You Kidding Me :-(

Let me guess,Carl Edwards is NO.4 ? :shock:
<<

smokeshowJOE

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:16 pm

Hmmmm.....let's analyze this: 4 mutts whose purpose in life is to sell advertising on the 'net initiating net traffic by publishing a drawn-out series of bogus predictions that are rife with half-truths, unsubstantiatiad rumors and uninformed opinion.....must be near the start of another NASCAR season! :roll:
_ . . | . || . _ | . . _ . | . . . . _ | _ . . _ | _ _ . |
_ . . _ . | . . . . .
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:55 pm

smokeshowJOE wrote:Hmmmm.....let's analyze this: 4 mutts whose purpose in life is to sell advertising on the 'net initiating net traffic by publishing a drawn-out series of bogus predictions that are rife with half-truths, unsubstantiatiad rumors and uninformed opinion.....must be near the start of another NASCAR season! :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So Yah know em? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

tonysgirl14

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:59 am

no way HE is the greateast there is and always will be NO ONE ALWAYS
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:45 am

When I first read that article, my jaw dropped. :o Who are these 4 (bad word)? :x

It will be interesting to see the order of their remaining 4 picks.

They have Ryan at No. 13.

So far, they haven't named, JJ, Carl, Happy or Matt of the top drivers.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:06 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:When I first read that article, my jaw dropped. :o Who are these 4 (bad word)? :x

It will be interesting to see the order of their remaining 4 picks.

They have Ryan at No. 13.

So far, they haven't named, JJ, Carl, Happy or Matt of the top drivers.

No way HH do these dudes have the least knowledge of what they are talking about. A couple of journalisms finest didn't think Tony would make the chase his first year as co-owner of SHR. Well he did and three seasons later he won his 3rd championship. Has anyone of the know it alls ever put their butts in a race car and run a few laps? Most of the guys with a pencil haven't driven a mile in a racers fire suit or prayed to God when the car stops after a horrific crash that they will live to drive another day. And if I could have one wish and it would be to get over the fact Carl did not win the 2011 championship Tony tied and then won because he had four more wins that Carl did. It doesn't matter if Carl lead the points most of the season. We all remember that Tony had the points lead for quite a bit of a season but come chase time he was replaced by Mark Martin (more wins) as #1. I guess I shouldn't complain as the media will always write what they want to as they don't care what the public thinks. End of a good rant............
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:22 pm

Yahoo just fired it's CEO and top board executives. That was a great move, they just didn't go far enough. I say get rid of these idiots too! Who in their right mind goes to Yahoo Sports for credible information on anything! :roll: :roll:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:11 pm

Today's Yahoo Countdown article came out & it put Matt at No. 4.

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

smokieonefour

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:31 pm

Annalee wrote: Who in their right mind goes to Yahoo Sports for credible information on anything! :roll: :roll:

Um.... raises hand.... I do. LOL It's not the first place I look ( Jayski rules, for info ) but every now and then, there's a Tony or Ryan story or video.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Sorry Smokie14 didn't mean to hurt your feelings, :( but if this is an example of their info I say stick with Jayski until yahoo gets it's act together. ;) ;) Gotta go Tony is on :D

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:19 pm

Today's Yahoo Countdown article came out & it put "Happy" Harvick at No. 3.

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:49 pm

Annalee wrote:Sorry Smokie14 didn't mean to hurt your feelings, :( but if this is an example of their info I say stick with Jayski until yahoo gets it's act together. ;) ;) Gotta go Tony is on :D

No worries Annalee ... I never took your comment as mean spirited. :-) and was kinda joking back with ya. :-)

It's just me... LOL when the majority of folks say "Yahoo Sports Suck!" - and they won't go and read or discover video or articles... and I'm the lone nerd that will. LOL

(( Course what's bad, is when you find video on Yahoo... then ya have to go and look for the same video on Utube, to post on here! Lol ))
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Stikx

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:38 pm

No need to say anything to theses guys but to tell them to watch to SMOKE.
<<

jsw14

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:46 pm

No-matter what # Tony drives>>>>>HE Drives it too WIN :mrgreen:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
Next

Return to Tony