FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Info please

<<

racefan

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:59 pm

Info please

Ok, first off I am sorry if this is a duplicate post to anyone else post. I read on another forum that Burger King is not sponsoring Tony in 2012. Problem I have is the person posting it could not provide info where they heard it. Has anyone heard about the sponsors for 2012? Just curious, not trying to cause any problems with this question.

Thanks.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Info please

I havent heard anything about BK not sponsoring Tony, but that rumor might make sense.
One of the partners that bought the 83 & 93 teams (the old Red bull teams) is rumored to own several franchises of Burger King. I would think, if Burger King is gonna sponsor it would be one of those two cars. But again I havent heard anything about Burger King leaving Tony.
ImageImageImage
<<

racefan

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:30 pm

Thanks. I heard that the race suit Tony wore at the tire test done last week/this week (can't remember which week) didn't have a Burger King patch on it. Trying to find pics to verify. Thanks again.
<<

racefan

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:34 pm

Ok, just looked at pics from the media week and the BK logo is not shown.

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/137612 ... 27C83D3E93
<<

racefan

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:36 pm

Do something wrong to post the pic itself. If anyone knows how to get the pic to show, please fix for me. Thank you.
<<

Heather14

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:58 am

I noticed that burger king is not on the memory game anymore maybe they are gone. hope not.
<<

awsum14

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:13 am

I just went to the Sponsers page on the SHR home page and saw that BK is no longer listed there.
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:58 am

Burger King is in the process of restructuring the Company. I read that some time ago as the financials were way down. They haven't been on TV either. Perhaps they will be back for Tony as soon as they have things squared away. They also have made some changes to their menue to create more interest.
Last edited by ndunn on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:59 am

A Whopper and a steak from Outback might not seem like much of a competition but I wonder if that conflict led to the end of the BK deal or if BK ending their deal cleared the way to bring Outback on board.

I posted about this a month or so ago when the SHR store posted up the decals and pennants and stuff with the three cars on it. El Monterey is also gone after one year on the rear quarter panel, but Tornados is still sponsoring Ryan. Wonder if Ruiz Foods is planning to get out of racing once their allotment of races as Ryan's primary sponsor is up this year, though, since I saw on a merchandise forum I'm at that they're not printing up any hero cards this year. Might be reading too much into it, but still.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:05 pm

With BK dropping from the #2 fast food company to #4, that is going to hurt. McDonald's, KFC, Taco Bell, then BK.

I got this from an August report of Consumer Reports.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:55 pm

beaverpond wrote:With BK dropping from the #2 fast food company to #4, that is going to hurt. McDonald's, KFC, Taco Bell, then BK.

I got this from an August report of Consumer Reports.

Wow! KFC is #2? I wouldnt have thought KFC as one of the top fast foods. Taco Bell makes sense, & Micky D's is obvious. Kinda surprised Jack in the box isnt in the top 4. Shows you how much I know about fast foods LOL
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:14 pm

Schmoopy, KFC has moved up because it is the hottest fast food in China. They can't build them fast enough and there are long lines to get into them. They even perform weddings in them. I have family who own franchises in KFC and they can't fry that chicken fast enough. It is to funny! Their stock has almost doubled in two years. :D

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:04 pm

My son was in China on business a few months ago and I asked him a few question regarding his trip. One of the things he told me was that the people in China were crazy about KFC and they do line up and down the street to go in and get their chicken. I guess I always thought they were health conscious and would not go for fried foods.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.

Return to Tony