FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Who Do I complain to?

<<

muskrat3

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:09 am

Who Do I complain to?

I Went to the Office Depot here in Panama City to see if they had any Tony Stewart calendars in. The guy at the counter looked at me like I had 3 heads and said any what, so I repeated it. So he called the manager who said Who? all I could say was ya'll got jokes, they were serious they had no idea who or what I was talking about, I showed them the BIG CUT OUT in the front of the store
Their answer: Oh that guy, we just started working here last week.
Well Mr Manager (who I have shoes older than) isn't part of your manager training at least to know who one of, if not the biggest spokesperson of your company is?
PLEASE some one tell me that other Office Depot recognize Tony. PLEASE!!
I would rather be hated for who Iam the Loved for What Iam not
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:14 am

Re: Who Do I complain to?

Corporate HQ would be a great starting point.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

tlmerk

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:22 am

Yeah, I can't see that happening when Home Depot was his main sponsor. People who shop at Office Depot are not generally NASCAR fans in my opinion. Maybe in the South and esp. in North Carolina but not out west. Weird sponsorship in my opinion.... a stationery store/office supply store as a NASCAR sponsor?? I don't get it. :D
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:56 am

The people at mine don't either.

The idea isn't so much that it's office supplies and stuff as it is that it serves small start-up businesses run by families and business partners, which is what NASCAR was 60+ years ago.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:27 am

The sales associates, and apparently the store managers, just show up for work... probably reluctantly. They would rather stay home and collect a paycheck. But get actively involved in their company... please! :roll:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

ndunn

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:20 pm

I don't think Office Depot put out a calendar this year. They are still trying to sell the 2011 calendars. I think Office Depot was a great sponsor. They were an associate for Carl Edwards before they went to StewartHass Racing but Jack Rousch wanted too much money so they went elsewhere. The were in a financial squeeze so they restructured the business and went for Tony as he was well known. From what I read they got what they went for. Now for the employees they really don't don't care what they sell or why. I would think the manager would clue them in. But then that would be work right?
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:09 pm

Muskie.... go to the TONY PICS blog .....and then to page 51, where some of us discuss the 2012 calendar and where to find it - links and such.

Good to see you back again! :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Lizard

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:24 pm

My friend was going to Office Depot with her boyfriend to buy a computer and I asked her to pick up the poster of Tony in a suit. I even printed the coupon from the Office Depot website, the store employees had no idea what the coupon was for and had no such posters.

That is frustrating.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

tonysgirl14

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:54 am

maybe Tony ought to give them a visit and tell them who he is and to treat his fans good
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:58 am

tonysgirl14 wrote:maybe Tony ought to give them a visit and tell them who he is and to treat his fans good

Not knowing who the Company sponsors by the employees is not a good move on the part of the managers. Top Brass paid millions for the honor of putting their name on Tony's race car. When a fan goes in to buy something the one waiting on them should have a clue as to what they are talking about. I realize they probably don't care but if were in charge they'd care in a hurry. Tony's fans are everywhere in big cities and small towns. They are from the east coast to the west and north and south also. The only one being hurt by the lack of knowledge is Office Depot themselves.......
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

peanut1439

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:24 pm

I ran into this problem at a local Burger King last year. They had Tony's special burger and a drink cup you could buy too. The person at the counter didn't have a clue about anything so I asked for the manager. Told him who Tony was and pointed to his picture on the front door and bascially chewed him out. I got my xt sandwich and plastic drink cup but I was PO'd that they were so ignorant. It's everywhere, email Office Depot and tell them, I emailed Burger King but never heard back. Geez
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:57 pm

Okay, Junior Nation is going to love this one. I have a friend who worked for Wrangler for 8 years. When I asked if they could purchase Junior merchandise in the company store she said Who?
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:59 pm

You can buy Tony's 2012 calendar on line at Amazon. Good price too!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

dirt93

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:19 pm

The Office Depot by my house isn't any better. The employees don't have a clue.

Kinda sad that Office Depot has spent millions for a sponsorship to promote the company and the people who actually work for them are clueless about who Tony is.
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

jamo14

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:12 pm

Businesses like Office Depot, Lowe's, Menards, Home Depot, Staples, Kinkos, WalMart, best Buy live off of part-time help, which in turn allows them to afford 200 mph advertising. The employees are there for a small paycheck to get by and are required to keep the shelves stocked, and printer paper in the register. With the way sponsors bounce around, it can be difficult enough keeping up with which celebrity is representing them.

If I was working for $6/hr 20 hours /wk I'd look at you funny too.
Next time, just ask them where they keep their calenders....

BTW, there was an article last year this time about Jimmie Johnson walked all around Vegas w/o being noticed who he was, so this idea about getting some part-time employee working at Office Depot in trouble for not knowing who Tony Stewart is (probably their 1st of 2 jobs in a day) is a bit over the top....especially since they're probably busting tables at some crappy restaraunt that night.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

Next

Return to Tony