FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tony Video With Kelly (Regis & Kelly prev)

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:41 am

Tony Video With Kelly (Regis & Kelly prev)

Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:57 am

Re: Tony Video With Kelly (Regis & Kelly prev)

Thanks for posting the video. The crowd really gave Tony a wonderful welcome.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

lmalley

Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:07 pm

Of all the questions Jerry Seinfeld could have asked, he asks that one? Does he realize who he is interviewing? Obviously not. Although they were polite, they could have talked about, oh I don't know, racing? Breaking JJ's 5 time streak? Being one of 9 drivers in history to win 3 or more championships? Being first owner/driver to win since '92? Being only driver in history to win a championship in all 3 formats? No, I guess that would have required 5 minutes of research. Geez. Tony was behaved, though. Any sports reporter asking that would have had to duck! Anyway, congrats again Tony for Smokin' that duck! Have fun in Vegas.
<<

Lizard

Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:34 pm

I give Tony props for being behaved, though he did throw a little dig in to Seinfeld that he is the first guy to ask that question. I don't expect much more from a fluff show like that but would have been nice if they could have had a better question.

I also did not like how Seinfeld tried to make Tony take all the credit. What connection does NASCAR have with that show that the winner always has to make an appearance?
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:18 pm

Lizard wrote:I give Tony props for being behaved, though he did throw a little dig in to Seinfeld that he is the first guy to ask that question. I don't expect much more from a fluff show like that but would have been nice if they could have had a better question.

I also did not like how Seinfeld tried to make Tony take all the credit. What connection does NASCAR have with that show that the winner always has to make an appearance?

Live always has nascar drivers on. It's a big morning show to a huge audience hence NASCAR always wants the Daytona 500, the Champion, and right before the chase a few chase drivers to be on once in a while. heck sometimes a driver will do a random interview in the middle of the season.

Jeff Gordon could be the connection though. He has hosted the show five or six times with Kelly. NASCAR is just trying to get more mainstream. Look at all the show Trevor Bayne was on. He was on live, Lopez tonight (doesn't exist anymore), Ellen to name a few. They want the drivers to be more like celebrities at this point.

Tony is pretty much an A list celebrity in terms of popularity in and outside the sport (along with Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt Jr, Jimmie Johnson, Carl Edwards and Kyle Busch even), many non nascar fans know who he is.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

dirt93

Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:59 pm

Tony was charming even though the hosts were not as prepared as they should have been. I cringe everytime he gets interviewed by people that dont know anything about NASCAR. And 3 hours isn't a long time to not pee.... I drive 6 hours to Arizona and I don't have to stop.
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:47 pm

Wow! Did Jerry ever look bad! All that hair, gone... and the suit? That one button was screaming, "Let me go!" Trying to pull that suit together. What a mess! But Tony looked as good as ever, clean shaven and seemed in a good mood. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

tonysgirl14

Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:49 am

he looks so good . sure do love that man
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:29 pm

Lizard wrote:I give Tony props for being behaved, though he did throw a little dig in to Seinfeld that he is the first guy to ask that question. I don't expect much more from a fluff show like that but would have been nice if they could have had a better question.

I don't think it's so much of a conection with NASCAR as it is the fact Live with Regis & Kelly is live and so the network takes an advantage of it. They have all kinds of 1st place winners and so on. They've also had the losers from Dancing With the Stars etc. It's a popular show and have a big following as Regis has been around for years. I believe the show is produced at least in part by Disney and who turns Disney down......Does anyone remember the icecream fight they had with about 8 drivers a few years ago when the Champion Week was in New York? It was a riot and I'll never forget Matt Kenseth. He wasn't so sure he wanted to be involved until he saw Kyle Busch getting pounded. Then IT was fun....
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.

Return to Tony