All things Tony
Post a reply

Re: 2011 CHAMPION

Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:46 pm

:D
Congratulations Tony!

What an emotional roller coaster ride...

Smoke is still Rising...

That has to be the Best race Tony ever ran...

Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:49 pm

YA EFFFFIN HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....WTG SMOKE!!!!!!!

The Tony we saw last nite was the Tony we all fell in love with.....I have never been so proud to be a Tony Stewart fan than i was last nite.....and i always had pride in him.....That 14 team ROCKED IT for sure!!!!!!

tc

Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:48 pm

Now that is a wheel man. The most determination I have ever witnessed
in a stock car. Well deserved. Hope you keep your your chief. Peace!

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:00 pm

What a great race! Congratulations, Tony and SHR. You all deserve it!

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:50 pm

congrats to Tony & the whole Office Depot team on an incredible year & a fantastic win!

Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:14 am

This was posted on Jayski and I thought it was really cool.
Championship Notes-n-Nuggets:
" Tony Stewart Won his third Cup Series championship in 464 starts. He won the 2002 and 2005 Cup championships.
" Tony Stewart is the only driver to win a Cup championship in the pre-chase format (2002) and the Chase format (2005,2011).
" Tony Stewart has been in the Chase's seven of eight seasons, all but 2006 when he missed the Chase by 16 points.
" Tony Stewart is the ninth driver to win three or more championships in the 63 Cup Series seasons.
" Tony Stewart is the first driver to enter the Chase winless in the regular season to win the championship.
" This is the first time 1-2 in points have been tied at the end of the season.
" Tony Stewart made his first Cup start at Daytona in Feb. 1999 and has started every race since.
" Tony Stewart has at least one Cup victory in each of his 13 seasons -- the longest active streak.
" Tony Stewart is the eighth driver to win Cup Series championships for more than one organization and the first since Terry Labonte in 1996.
" Tony Stewart is the first owner/driver to win a championship since Alan Kulwicki in 1992.
" Tony Stewart is the seventh driver to win the championship and the season finale.
" This is the first-time the champion and second in points finished 1-2 in the season finale.
" Tony Stewart's nine top-fives are the fewest top-five finishes by a champion since Bill Rexford had five in the 1950 season with only 17 starts.
" This is the 28th Cup Series title for a Chevrolet driver including the past seven.
" Tony Stewart is 40 years old (May 20, 1971) from Columbus Ind. He is the oldest champion in the Chase era.
" Crew Chief Darian Grubb earned his first Cup Series championship. He has been a Cup crew chief for 148 races.
(Racing Recall/nascar.com)(11-20-2011)
" Tony Stewart passed 118 cars on the track in Sunday's race.
" Tony Stewart started the Chase ninth in points, the farthest back a driver has come back to win the Cup Series championship.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:15 am

I have to agree with A.J. Foyt when he said that it was the best race Tony ever raced. That is a lot coming from one of the greatest legends NASCAR has.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:22 am

Tony Stewart is the only, and will always be the only Nascar driver to win a Winston Cup, a Nextel Cup, and a Sprint Cup.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:53 pm

NascarNanaOK wrote:Tony Stewart is the only, and will always be the only Nascar driver to win a Winston Cup, a Nextel Cup, and a Sprint Cup.

Very true!! Just goes to show he really CAN drive any car, any format and win championships.

Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:57 am

Tony"SMOKE"Stewart is the Man..
SHR is the Team to BEAT in 2012..
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:56 pm

-
Post a reply