FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Darian wins Wypall Crew Chief of the Year & $!0,000 check

<<

Annalee

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:04 pm

Darian wins Wypall Crew Chief of the Year & $!0,000 check

•Darian Grubb Named Wypall Wipers Crew Chief of Year: Darian Grubb, who has guided driver #14-Tony Stewart to four victories and a second-place standing in NASCAR's Chase for the Sprint Cup Series Championship, was named as the Wypall Wipers Crew Chief of the Year during a ceremony held at Phoenix International Raceway. In one of the closest battles in the history of the award, Grubb, crew chief for the #14 Office Depot/Mobil 1 Chevy of Stewart-Haas Racing, captured four Wypall Wipers Crew Chief of the Race awards (which were presented after each 2011 Sprint Cup Series race as part of the Wypall Crew Chief Challenge). There was a four-way tie for second with three weekly awards: 2010 Wypall Wipers Crew Chief of the Year Gil Martin (#29 of Kevin Harvick), Alan Gustafson (#24 of Jeff Gordon), Jimmy Fennig (#17 of Matt Kenseth) and Paul Wolfe (#2 of Brad Keselowski). Prior to the start of Sunday's Sprint Cup Series race at Phoenix, Grubb was presented a check for $10,000.00 on behalf of Wypall Wipers, proud sponsor of Saturday's Nationwide Series race - the Wypall 200.(Wypall WIpers/HB&M Sports)(11-14-2011)

•Phoenix Notes-n-Nuggets:

Way to go Darian, you really deserve this and all so a large bottle of Tums for Homestead !!! :D :D

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:44 pm

Re: Darian wins Wypall Crew Chief of the Year & $!0,000 chec

:shock: Wow! Maybe we should lighten up on Darian when Tony has a bad finish... just saying.

Congrats Darian :!: :D :D :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

dgmom

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:28 pm

Way to go, Darian!! Looks like some people can see how good you are!!
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:13 pm

Interesting...I don't see how he's the CC of the year when they're second in points? Not to mention the garbage truck he put on the track @Dover(which MAY very well be the deciding factor in the Championship). Also considering the 99's worst finish is 11(probably woulda' been a top 10 if they didn't lay back so far) shows they've been competitive at EVERY track...yet Osborne wasn't even in the running???? Thinkin' Wypall = Morons... ;) :D :lol: ... :|
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?

Return to Tony