FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Australia

<<

A2Zmama

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:33 pm

Australia

Hope I don't get in trouble, but curiosity has gotten the best of this Cat. Please note, I only ask I see references made and do not know what happened. Not looking to gossip.

Can someone fill me in on what happened in Australia (I'm assuming it was last winter)?
Just because I'm a family raising, meal cooking homemaking wonder, doesn't mean I'm a desperate housewife.
<<

jamo14

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:16 pm

Re: Australia

Tony got into a fight
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:33 pm

jamo14 wrote:Tony got into a fight

got arrested, or brought in for questioning, got out and flew home. I don't know if anything more ever came of it. Supposedly it was a pretty good fight.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:12 am

From SBNation:

Tony Stewart 'Very Embarrassed,' 'Ashamed' About Australia Incident

by Jeff Gluck Jan 20, 2011 12:33p

Less than a week after a fight with an Australian track owner that led to police involvement, a contrite Tony Stewart said he was "very embarrassed" and "ashamed' over what happened on the last night of his five-week trip to that country.

Stewart, at Daytona International Speedway for preseason testing, acknowledged a physical altercation stemming from a dispute with the co-owner of Sydney Speedway over what the two-time NASCAR champion felt were unsafe track conditions.

But he clearly regretted the aftermath of the incident.

"This isn't something I've blown off," he said. "I've lost a lot of sleep over it because I'm very embarrassed that I made it through the whole trip and the night before I come home, I get in an altercation with somebody.

"That hasn't happened in awhile. I'm not the least bit proud of it; I'm ashamed about it."

Reports from Australia said Stewart struck track co-owner Brett Morris in the face with a helmet during their argument; Morris allegedly punched Stewart in return (though Stewart had no visible injuries like a black eye).

A calm Stewart said if he had to do it over again, "I would have dealt with it much differently."

"I'd been over there for almost five weeks and had to deal with the same problem with the racetrack," he said. "It's not one incident that led up to it, it was a combination of the whole trip. It was how they were doing a couple different aspects of preparing the racetrack, and how they were putting the drivers in the situations we were put in.

"I've always been one to speak up for what I think is right, especially when it comes to the safety side of it. I didn't think the conditions were safe to run on – and they felt differently."

The track conditions were unsafe on the final evening of his trip, Stewart said, adding he felt obligated to drive in the heat races because he would lose too many points that night if he sat out.

"It was pretty obvious before we even went out there that it wasn't going to be good," he said. "It was really disappointing because it was the best weather conditions that we had had leading up to that race, and they found a way to get themselves back into a corner again."

Stewart declined to go into specifics about what he told police, but emphasized officers told him he was free to return to his hotel and leave the country the next day. He said police were aware of his hotel information and even the flight number of his return trip to America in case they needed to get in touch with him.

He said he wasn't concerned about possibly having to go back to Australia in the event he faced charges, but said he'd go if it was necessary.

Despite what happened, Stewart said he would "love to" return to Australia and race again.

"We had a good vacation – it was a very relaxing vacation," he said. "I felt like I alleviated a lot of stress over there. Like I said, we just had one bad night in a 30-day trip."
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

A2Zmama

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:24 am

Well, that sure was interesting. I'm bummed it happened, but I actually find it kind of endearing. He wasn't just picking a fight cause he was pi$$ed about something and being a hothead....he was standing up for something he thought was wrong and he wanted it fixed.

Thank you all for the info. It sure makes other things make sense :lol:
Just because I'm a family raising, meal cooking homemaking wonder, doesn't mean I'm a desperate housewife.
<<

tonysgal

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:51 am

i wonder if Tony and Donny will go back this time

tg
the nice things about race cars is some days they're awesome and some days you can't find your ####- Donny Schatz
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:02 pm

tonysgal wrote:i wonder if Tony and Donny will go back this time

tg

I was wondering the same thing. Will he go back this winter... Hmmmmmm????

I also found it interesting that Tony's idea of "vacation" during the NASCAR off season, is to go racing. ;) I guess he just has racing in his blood. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

tonysgal

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:37 pm

you never know. Tony and Donny just might show up at the Chili Bowl

tg
the nice things about race cars is some days they're awesome and some days you can't find your ####- Donny Schatz

Return to Tony