All things Tony
Post a reply

Re: Do you think Tonys gonna win the chamionship?

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:51 pm

I think he has as good a chance as anyone and better than some. This would be the year to make a space for a trophy at SHR. That would be awesome.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:19 pm

I'm waiting ten or so years from now just to see how great of a legacy Jimmie is truly going to have. He's going through the same stretch that the 3 and 24 did in their prime where they were just plain hated. As the top tier started to close on them, they became more liked, and I feel the same will happen with Jimmie Johnson. The guy has talent, there's nothing else to it. He really can beat Richard and Dale's 7, and I really feel that if he does then he will be regarded as the greatest of all time. The amount of competitive cars he's racing week in and week out is still a stronger field than anyone else has had too, that's what makes it more special.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:46 am

When JJ comes to NH I will see what I can do to ruin the radiator with small razor blades and get some very fine sand into the engine. If one doesn't take him out, the other will at least slow him down.
:mrgreen:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:08 am

Jimmie is my pick this year, I just think of all the teams that team is the best suited coming into this year. I think Tony can do it, but it'll be a matter of the cars and the team getting it done and him minimalizing his mistakes (Loudon, Dover, and Charlotte did a number on him this past year) once they get to the Chase. He does that and Darian gives him the necessary tools, he without a doubt can beat Jimmie.

That 48 team is human, it might not seem like it (sometimes I wonder...) but they can be beaten. It's just a matter of a team good enough to stand up and do it. This is the toughest annual test the rest of the teams have had since Jeff Gordon in the late 1990s. I can't help but feel, at least with a couple of the titles, that it's more been the other teams LETTING the 48 win, not intentionally, but just not getting the job done, than it has the 48 team just flat out beating them. Maybe this is the year that a team gets it done. If not, they'll win number six, and we'll see what happens in 2012.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:18 pm

I vote :twisted: :evil: dynamite in the tires!!!!!!!! for the 48!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:49 pm

Smoke_Rocks14 wrote:I vote :twisted: :evil: dynamite in the tires!!!!!!!! for the 48!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

That would be subtle :!: :lol: ;)

Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:09 pm

I still say it is Denny's year this year. You know what they say. You have to lose a Championship before you win one.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:15 pm

I hope he does. It takes a team to win.

Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:40 am

I resurrected this old blog (Feb. 2011) because now we know the answer. Check out some of our posts back at the start of the season. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, Tony CAN (and did) win the Championship!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:29 am

of course Tony is the best there is and always will be.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:58 pm

I'm ready for a new poll. I'm voting for SHR to win 2012!
Post a reply