All things Tony
Post a reply

Re: Talladega Car

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:56 pm

Here's a preview of Tony's Talladega Ride... Go get em, Smoke!!!
Attachments
8j1f.jpg
Tony's Talladega Ride
8j1f.jpg (125.77 KiB) Viewed 1031 times

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:30 pm

beaverpond wrote:Just because sponsorship is there does not always mean their fans will go to those places. Case in point, there is no Office Depot within 150 miles of me.

there's this neat invention called the internet that allows a person to buy & sell items over their computer from anywhere in the world.
It's very beneficial when store locations are too far awy to purchase items in person...

Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:11 pm

But, all these autograph signings that he and Ryan have done at the different Office Depot stores. There ain't none around here. I think the closest ones to the NHIS track would be in Framingham, MA and four stores in CT. There are none in VT, ME, or NH. There used to be three OD stores in ME, but they were in the same towns as Staples Office Supply. OD went out of business and all three Staples stores have since opened new and larger stores in those towns. I am not sure how they are doing today. As of a couple of years ago, they were all doing very well. With the economy the way it has been, I don't know anymore. The OD stores went out of business something like 7 or 8 years ago.

While their prices are pretty close. Staples offers something that OD could never do and that was free shipping on any order with no minimum purchase and their rewards system was and is better. It is the perks that get ya every time. I have also found that in most cases that ordering online is cheaper than going into the store and buying it. Ink and paper are perfect examples of this. I check periodically to see if anything has changed. I get constant notifications from Staples...I even participated in one of their survey programs once to improve their stores. It involved everything from customer service, to specific departments, to checking out, and their rewards system. They did a major over hall using actual customers whether it be the ocassional customer or the business customer that is in on a regular basis that is located nearby. I currently live in between two Staples stores and what is the difference between the two, one charges sales tax and one does not. To be honest, I very rarely go into either of them when I can shop on the internet and not spend any money on gas, no shipping charges, free over night shipping in most cases, prices are lower than the stores in a lot of cases, and there is no way I would monkey around with Walmart when it comes to stuff for my computer or printer...even on ink or paper.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:55 am

By complete, sheer and utter coincidence, i am enjoying a snack of El Monterey's beef and cheese taquitos (in flour tortillas) as i read this post.....

the car is pretty much butt-ugly, but the taquitos are DE-LISH!

Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:08 am

Hey I started all this so let me say this. Tony is a smart man he knows how to make a dollar. However, I can't tell you I am happy with this, the bass pro car looked like they took two minutes to put it together and it doesn't look like they spent anymore time on this one. Due to tony being my absolute favorite driver as I did with the bass pro car I have pre-ordered this one (maybe I will hide them behind the race version cars). At any rate I will still be yelling at the tv go tony go this week but perhaps sheilding my eyes a bit.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:22 am

Look at the bright side of it... There's no green on it. Tony never does good with green on his car :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:21 am

Yea there is, look where the fuel goes in.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:13 am

awsum14 wrote:Look at the bright side of it... There's no green on it. Tony never does good with green on his car :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

...actually, he "won"(though some still argue) in '08 @'Dega in the Subway car, which had a good bit of green on it. But, look at it this way...no green on this one, but it IS ugly like the Subway car(atleast I thought it was)...so, maybe there'll be some "ugly luck"???? ;) :lol:

Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:14 am

Medic1Kidd wrote:Here's a preview of Tony's Talladega Ride... Go get em, Smoke!!!

...nope, STILL ugly... :lol: ... :|

Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:18 pm

the gun medal blue color will look good on the track

tony line um up take them down!

Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:24 pm

Here is Tony's Ride I created yesterday, and all three new dega schemes that I created yesterday all together with Dan Wheldon Tribute Decal on them.

2011 HRR Tony Stewart EL Monterey Impala

Clint Bowyer, Tony Stewart and Jimmie Johnson's Dan Wheldon Tribute Dega Cars together in one render.

IF you would like to see more of my work, come stop in at http://www.nr2k3simcargrafx.com
Register if you would like, browser my forum. You will find all of my paints in Site Artist's Locker forum, under Heavy's name. Although, all paint schemes from this year are done, not all are posted. My forum went down in August.. I have not fully restored all of my files and renders of all paint schemes.

Thank you..and enjoy some eye candy from me.

Steve

Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:16 pm

It's looks pretty ugly, but until I see it going around the track I will withhold my judgement.

I really wish Mobil 1 would become a primary sponsor for the entire season.....I like the black base.

Trying to catch the car on the track during practice but once again focus is on other drivers.

Edit: Finally got to see it going around the track during the 2nd practice and it does not look bad when moving but when just sitting there butt ugly.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:32 pm

Kyle's 'Dega car......pretty sharp, huh??

Image 8-)

Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:54 pm

What, no after crash picture. He blew his right front tire during practice #2 and they are now going to a back up car because of it. Kyle said, he had no warning the tire was letting go.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:32 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:Kyle's 'Dega car......pretty sharp, huh??

Image 8-)

I really like Kyle's Halloween car, they tend to do fun thing's with the M&M's schemes.
Post a reply