All things Tony
Post a reply

Talladega Car

Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:07 pm

If anyone gets a picture of this car could you please post it I can't seem to find it. Thanks

Re: Talladega Car

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:36 pm

...no "real" photo...but, here's a mock-up of the diecast...(another uuuuugly one, IMO ;) )...

...updated...

Last edited by smoke14rulez on Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:11 am

no comment til i see the whole car :roll: :roll:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:17 am

If my suspicions are correct, the primary sponsor of this car will be Mobil 1. We will have to wait until practice if not sooner before we get a glimpse of the thing to be sure.

In some aspects, it makes me think of Richard Petty's STP paint scheme. It could be the colors.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:53 am

beaverpond wrote:If my suspicions are correct, the primary sponsor of this car will be Mobil 1. We will have to wait until practice if not sooner before we get a glimpse of the thing to be sure.

In some aspects, it makes me think of Richard Petty's STP paint scheme. It could be the colors.

...sorry, should have included that it will be sponsored by El Monterey...and STILL ugly... ;) :lol:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:33 am

Why God why??? This sucks who's in charge of the paint schemes down there a 3 year old??? Come on give me 30 minutes and I promise you an car you wont forget.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:23 am

I've seen pics of the real car and that mockup is correct. Actually doesn't look that bad. Similar to what BPS did at Bristol. Took the OD scheme and changed the colors around to fit the sponsor.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:03 pm

I just vomited in my mouth......

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:16 pm

jamo14 wrote:I just vomited in my mouth......

I take it you won't be buying the diecast when it comes out. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:37 pm

Hideous.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:46 pm

Think about something for a minute. If this paint scheme has got us all talking about this car this much...do you think the sponsor has accomplished what they set out to do and that is to get your attention to their product?

Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:11 pm

beaverpond wrote:Think about something for a minute. If this paint scheme has got us all talking about this car this much...do you think the sponsor has accomplished what they set out to do and that is to get your attention to their product?

thought about it for 59 seconds.....makes me not want to buy what they're selling (whatever it is they're trying to sell)

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:05 pm

Last edited by cslonewolf on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:12 pm

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:33 pm

Just because sponsorship is there does not always mean their fans will go to those places. Case in point, there is no Office Depot within 150 miles of me.
Post a reply