FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

"Dead" Subject

<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:52 pm

"Dead" Subject

Probably shouldn't bring up a "dead" subject, but can't help but wonder if the recent shake up at Eldora had something to do with Tony's "dead weight" comment.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:03 pm

Re: "Dead" Subject

Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

Smoke_14

Post Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:15 pm

That dead weight was Jessica Zempken.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:38 am

I can't believe Tony is that crude to make the remark "dead weight" regarding his former girlfriend. He isn't 17 years old and I'd agree perhap it was the Eldora position he was talking about. He made an off hand remark and didn't expect it would cause so much commotion. Sometimes he gets excited and blurts out what's on his mind. Apparently he had solved a problem and it was on his mind. He should be a little more careful what he says because the word police are out there noticing everything he has to say.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:39 pm

ndunn wrote: Sometimes he gets excited and blurts out what's on his mind.

Boy that's an understatement. Hahaha.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

tonycrazy

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:43 pm

ndunn wrote:I can't believe Tony is that crude to make the remark "dead weight" regarding his former girlfriend. He isn't 17 years old and I'd agree perhap it was the Eldora position he was talking about. He made an off hand remark and didn't expect it would cause so much commotion. Sometimes he gets excited and blurts out what's on his mind. Apparently he had solved a problem and it was on his mind. He should be a little more careful what he says because the word police are out there noticing everything he has to say.

I couldnt agree more.....THANK YOU for saying this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tc

<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:33 pm

There have been several articles, in print, where TONY stated ( paraphrasing )

"I hope I get a finish good enough to be interviewed, to say it ( dead weight stmt ) in an interview."

He knew he was going to say it and he wanted to say it... so it definitely was not "off the cuff"

Now this is just me thinking out loud but.... I think that since JZ has been known to be around for a very long time, in all kinds of ways... sabotaged 2 girlfriends in the past... I think Tony was putting out an APB ( All Points Bulletin ) that the she is gone for good now. To whom, I have no idea... maybe a perspective g/f.... maybe to the fans.... maybe to her & her family.... who knows.

I also think he could have gone about in handling it a different way.... but hey... that's out Tony.

Calls 'em as he sees 'em.

Also, her performance this year under TSR racing has been horrible. Cancelled, crashed, broke and finished close to last most times. If I was sponsoring a losing team like that, if I cut them loose ( questions still remain about her TSR contract ) I'd consider that team dead weight too.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

A2Zmama

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:52 pm

I'll pop back in, just for a moment. I would also like to think, as a woman, that no man would say something like that, about a girl, on national television. However, I always recall the people saying she unfriended him within moments on FB, etc, and I think that speaks volumes about the situation. She would not be deleting comments on her page if he was talking about staff at Eldora.

I'm just glad I never have to worry about being called dead weight for the whole world to hear LOL.
Just because I'm a family raising, meal cooking homemaking wonder, doesn't mean I'm a desperate housewife.
<<

Smoke_14

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:39 pm

This attitude and candor remarks makes Tony Tony and gives him his following. I have no problem with what he said. Frankly if you don't like what he said, don't read his rolling stone interview from a few years ago lol.
<<

tonycrazy

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:53 pm

Ok im prolly gonna get bashed or rocks thrown at me for this but what the ####....dont really give a crap....whether Tony meant to say it or not is not the issue....he always means what he says...but if any thinks that Tony is so shallow as to do that to a woman in such a public way, or even allow a woman to effect him so much that he would do that then his fan meter just went down....IMO there was really only one girl in his life that got to him that much....Your not really givin him the credit he so deserves....he for one wouldnt give a woman that much satisfaction that she got to him to the pt that he would say such things in that venue....nor would he allow her to affect his racing abilities ....he has had bad races in past yrs and no one was so quick to say "it was cuz of that girl he was seeing" #### happens...fact.....its just racing , its the way it goes....ok gonna duck n run now...lolol

tc

<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:50 pm

Smoke_14 wrote:This attitude and candor remarks makes Tony Tony and gives him his following. I have no problem with what he said. Frankly if you don't like what he said, don't read his rolling stone interview from a few years ago lol.

You are so right about that....that interview could curl hair.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:29 pm

onerockindoc wrote:
Smoke_14 wrote:This attitude and candor remarks makes Tony Tony and gives him his following. I have no problem with what he said. Frankly if you don't like what he said, don't read his rolling stone interview from a few years ago lol.

You are so right about that....that interview could curl hair.

haha... yep, it put a slight wave in mine
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Smoke_14

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:28 pm

That RS interview made me even a bigger Smoke fan. I loved that interview and it has been still to this day the only RS mag I bought. In my mind, Carl, or JG or certainly not Kurt Busch would ever do something like that. Only guy I could see doing that kind of interview in that setting is Jr. But my favorite interview of him was back in 2005 I believe. It was an ESPN article. I'll have to find it but it is where my signature comes from. It is a quote by Zippy. "Leave the Ears On the Dog." That article is one of the best. Shows the very real Tony.

Edit: Found the article
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3723026
<<

A2Zmama

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:11 am

I found parts of the RS article last night, and while my first (female) instinct was for my hair to curl, I actually took it with a (large) grain of salt. Especially after reading other stories about it (like BleachReport's...which was completely hilarious). How much was locker room talk? I don't doubt most of it, but I also think now that he's hit 40, he must be wanting more out of his life.

As the girl writing the BleachReport story said, he needs to ditch the bimbos (please note: I am not grouping blondes and bimbos together) and give a brunette a try...he wouldn't be able to keep up with us. :mrgreen:
Just because I'm a family raising, meal cooking homemaking wonder, doesn't mean I'm a desperate housewife.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:56 am

A2Zmama wrote:I found parts of the RS article last night, and while my first (female) instinct was for my hair to curl, I actually took it with a (large) grain of salt. Especially after reading other stories about it (like BleachReport's...which was completely hilarious). How much was locker room talk? I don't doubt most of it, but I also think now that he's hit 40, he must be wanting more out of his life.

As the girl writing the BleachReport story said, he needs to ditch the bimbos (please note: I am not grouping blondes and bimbos together) and give a brunette a try...he wouldn't be able to keep up with us. :mrgreen:

...I thought most blondes WERE brunettes? :lol: ....atleast that's what I've found... :o :shock: ;)
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
Next

Return to Tony