All things Tony
Post a reply

Goodbye Darrian

Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:29 pm

When is Tony going to wise up and get rid of him? I hope the rumors are true and we can expect to see a new crew chief next year.

A deaf, dumb, and blind man could have done a better job with pit strategy at Kansas.

Darrian, do us all a favor and leave now. If you do, then Tony might just have a chance to salvage this season.

Re: Goodbye Darrian

Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:36 pm

I am not sure that I could agree any more. Why in the holy name of God would you take 4 tires when everyone is taking 2, so close to the end? Then he pits again for 4 more? We swapped a perfectly good 2nd place finish for 15th :(

Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:47 pm

The last pit stop for Tony was Tony's call to come for four. On the scanner, he just yelled " I am coming for four tires. " He slipped and hit the excelerator and brake at the same time,which really put him behind. During the race Tony could not drive on two tires and with the track changing so much he was really struggling. At the end Tony admitted it was all his fault and apologized to Darian and the crew.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:48 pm

darrian didnt make tony slide through the pits, driver error there..........

Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:51 pm

Tony's car had started to fall off before that debris caution, so they were going to make an adjustment, something with a spring rubber I think. Got to take the tire off to make the adjustment, it made sense to go ahead and change it. It sucks but it's the nature of the way the race turned.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:25 pm

Those last 2 calls were Tonys for 4 tire. I think darian said he put a shim in and the car went downhill after that.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:48 pm

Look if ur gonna bash a man (who was not at fault btw) then at least spell his name right.....ugh....

tc

Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:57 pm

i cant spell tc, and thanks for bring that to my atension :oops:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:14 pm

hahaha well i was referring to the Heading of this blog but if the shoe fits...lolol ;)

tc

Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:36 pm

Maybe Tony needs to just drive and let the crew chief make the calls. At this point in time, an apology doesn't mean much. He can't keep sliding back in the points due to bad calls, whether they're Darian's or his. I just hate to see this happening, he started the chase out so well.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:02 pm

I missed the end of the race but I understood he took 4 tires instead of 2 like most everyone else did......I wonder now what Darian's call might have been..2 or 4?? We more than likely will never know.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:30 pm

you Stewart Fans are spoiled. The 14 car was running 2nd for a lot of the race due to Grubb's calls on adjustments. Meanwhile the #39 CC (I refuse to use his name anymore) decisions were sending ryan 2 laps down. Where the 14 car took a turn for the worst was on the last two stops, which were made by Tony not the CC. To make it worse is tony slid through his pits to boot. So you guys want to fire the CC that gave Tony the 2nd best car in the field.

Amazing!

I would gladly take Grubb to replace the 39 teams current CC in a heartbeat.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:35 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:you Stewart Fans are spoiled. The 14 car was running 2nd for a lot of the race due to Grubb's calls on adjustments. Meanwhile the #39 CC (I refuse to use his name anymore) decisions were sending ryan 2 laps down. Where the 14 car took a turn for the worst was on the last two stops, which were made by Tony not the CC. To make it worse is tony slid through his pits to boot. So you guys want to fire the CC that gave Tony the 2nd best car in the field.

Amazing!

Gibson :P :lol: ....Gibson :P :lol: ....Gibson :P :lol: No offense intended slick, just tryin' to ease the aggravation a bit......

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:37 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:you Stewart Fans are spoiled. The 14 car was running 2nd for a lot of the race due to Grubb's calls on adjustments. Meanwhile the #39 CC (I refuse to use his name anymore) decisions were sending ryan 2 laps down. Where the 14 car took a turn for the worst was on the last two stops, which were made by Tony not the CC. To make it worse is tony slid through his pits to boot. So you guys want to fire the CC that gave Tony the 2nd best car in the field.

Amazing!

Gibson :P :lol: ....Gibson :P :lol: ....Gibson :P :lol: No offense intended slick, just tryin' to ease the aggravation a bit......

*Schmoop runs off screaming with hands over ears* LOL :mrgreen:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:48 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
midwesternsmoke wrote:

Amazing!

*Schmoop runs off screaming with hands over ears* LOL :mrgreen:

BOOO..........................

Post a reply