FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Start 'N' Park Blog- Dead Weight

<<

peanut1439

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:09 am

Start 'N' Park Blog- Dead Weight

Start 'N' Park Blog

Was Smoke blowing smoke? The answers been found….
Posted on September 27, 2011 by Greg

Tony at New Hampshire

So what exactly did Tony Stewart mean when he stated “We let go of some dead weight this week” while in victory lane at New Hampshire? The world wants to know! Or at least those of us that are nosey enough to want to know.

The statement has been talked about over the blogosphere and on various NASCAR programs from TV to Radio, and no one has seemed to be able to find a true answer to the question. Smoke himself has repeatedly stated that there was nothing behind it and to let it go. The team has reitterated the same statements, or in some cases just pleaded ignorance.

They couldn’t be lying worse if they said they didn’t know where that stain on the blue dress Monica was wearing came from.

Luckilly for Start ‘n’ Park, there are sources out there untapped by the national and world media. Sources which a small institution like us are in tune with. Through those sources, we have found out the truth.

Long-time Stewart “gal pal” Jessica Zemken, who is currently racing for Smoke part-time as a World of Outlaws driver and on the regional sprint car circuits, has apparently been “cut loose” from Tony’s personal circle. Zemken, a former North East Dirt Modified driver and now sprint car driver, has been on and off with Smoke for some time. However, it now appears that it is more “off” than “on”, as whatever they seemed to have is no more. This, according to sources very, very (and I stress VERY) close to the situation have told us.

What this means for Smoke is now he has a clear head going into the chase, as evidenced by his two race winning streak to start, and he now holds a slim lead in the run for his 3rd Sprint Cup title. Will this be the means to propel him to that title? Who knows.

But I will end with this. Zemken is still under contract with Tony Stewart Racing until the end of this year. Let’s just say, this could potentially be an extremely expensive fall season for his sprint car team if this went as badly as it is protrayed to S’n'P.
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:15 am

Re: Start 'N' Park Blog- Dead Weight

Frankly I think this deal being discussed here is horseshit. It's clearly part of Stewart's private life, even though he opened it up to being not so private with his remark, I thought folks here had more respect for him not to gossip over his private life like that. This isn't Topix or that Talk Sports site. If Smoke wanted us to know, then he'da told us.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:13 pm

Well Aaron.... you, as a male, and perhaps some females may THINK that his private life is his business... but just like any other "celebrity" ( movie star, rock star, politician, etc ) who stands in the public light... a large number of females want to know..... and want to discuss it.

We women ( and maybe some men ) LOVE to discuss the shoes worn by a sig other.... WHO is the new girl standing beside him? Look at those sunglasses, that hat, that purse..... these are all standard women things to talk about. While we women may also exchange stats with ya, the history of something, new or changing rules, the 'content' of a C.O. T.... we will STILL and always will, gossip about our girl stuff and no amount of cursing, whining or trying to make us feel bad will work to make us stop. Sorry guys... it's just kind of the way it is..... ;-) (( Ask any married man.... he will tell ya ;-) ))

Also... until or unless ANIMINK says "No discussing his personal life on here" then anyone is allowed to. Sorry if it bothers you... but hey... don't read it ? ?

Also... just for the record.... TONY has mentioned JZ more than a few times in interviews. Are "we" just supposed to pretend we don't know anything??

And .... just as there as sites that talk exclusively about his personal life ( Topix ) ... there are other sites where it IS against the rules. Personally, I'd never visit a site that imposed those kinds of restrictions on me.... just as many others will look at a site like that and say "Phew!" :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

tonysgal

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:35 pm

thanks smokie. i didn't how to be tactful in a reply.

tg
the nice things about race cars is some days they're awesome and some days you can't find your ####- Donny Schatz
<<

A2Zmama

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:14 pm

smokieonefour wrote:there are other sites where it IS against the rules. Personally, I'd never visit a site that imposed those kinds of restrictions on me....

This is specifically why I came to this site.

And I would add to smokie's comment....IMHO here....he started it. He *had* to know people were gonna talk about it. He's been around long enough to know that if he wants it kept private, you sure as heck don't say something like that on live national television.
Just because I'm a family raising, meal cooking homemaking wonder, doesn't mean I'm a desperate housewife.
<<

tlmerk

Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:13 pm

I was thinking the same things but the last few posts sum up my thoughts as well. Not discussing Tony's personal life really?

The title of this thread clearly refers to the "Dead weight" quote so if one doesn't want to get involved in the discussion, it's easy to just glance past this thread and move on to a more "race-related" post.

I don't think we're superficial to be interested in his personal life as that can affect his driving and decisions as well. Besides as one poster said..."He started it," with his post-race comment. And I'll even tick off some people and say if it was Jessica he was referring to as "dead weight" that was a crappy comment on his part, especially considering the forum. Jeesh. If anything TONY was the one who inappropriately discussed his personal life IMO.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:01 pm

tlmerk wrote:I was thinking the same things but the last few posts sum up my thoughts as well. Not discussing Tony's personal life really?

The title of this thread clearly refers to the "Dead weight" quote so if one doesn't want to get involved in the discussion, it's easy to just glance past this thread and move on to a more "race-related" post.

I don't think we're superficial to be interested in his personal life as that can affect his driving and decisions as well. Besides as one poster said..."He started it," with his post-race comment. And I'll even tick off some people and say if it was Jessica he was referring to as "dead weight" that was a crappy comment on his part, especially considering the forum. Jeesh. If anything TONY was the one who inappropriately discussed his personal life IMO.

+1 Here-here! I completely agree with your take on the "dead weight" comment. Why Tony picked the national stage to make a comment like that is beyond me. He DID start it.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

tlmerk

Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:33 am

Thanks HH, I kind of thought I would be pelted with cyber tomatoes for my comment. :shock:

But I don't always have a filter and tend to call 'em as I see 'em.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:09 am

Oh, I am sure there will be some who won't agree. But different points of view & opinions is what makes life interesting. :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:05 am

there is one thing to talk about tony's life and that is the fans right, because if ya dont, what is the sense of bein here and sharing tony stories, we had the same thing a few months back, and i took acceptation to tony's then gf being called a "whore." that stuff to me was uncalled for, there is never a reason to do that, leave the name calling out, if ya gotta do it, send pm's to each other, so talk away, just be respectful of the people in the articles.......
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

tonycrazy

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:43 pm

michaeljohn wrote:there is one thing to talk about tony's life and that is the fans right, because if ya dont, what is the sense of bein here and sharing tony stories, we had the same thing a few months back, and i took acceptation to tony's then gf being called a "whore." that stuff to me was uncalled for, there is never a reason to do that, leave the name calling out, if ya gotta do it, send pm's to each other, so talk away, just be respectful of the people in the articles.......

DITTO DITTO AND DOUBLE DITTO.....

IMO (which dont mean much but as much as everyone elses) he coulda been referring to sponsorship for the other races in the 3rd car....there r so many scenerios that could come into play here...so untill the man (Tony) tells us just what he meant then ALL is speculation....

tc

<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:28 pm

i seriously doubt he was referring to his gf or ex as the dead weight, because that would be a classless move by him, and im sure he isnt that mean, people who wanna post things like that, just do it for sensationalism or shock, plus when asked that question again he said he was referring to the SHR shop
<<

tlmerk

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:27 pm

Still not buying that MJ but I hope you're right. I think that what he said, when he said it and how he said it made it seem it like it was extremely personal. Why would he say that about someone at the shop he got rid of, unless they did something like sabotage his car for a competitor or something heinous like that. I hadn't heard he updated his previous statement but even if he said that, I am not convinced. If he was saying it about a woman, you're right it would be class-less and he knows that. His best move then would be to give an inocuous explanation. I'm still betting on Jessica or some other woman cheating on him or something like that.

But I think it's time we move on. I think we're all too big of fans of his to be still talking about this the following week. (It was kind of interesting when he said it though and the fact that no one claimed to know who he was referring to, even Krissie Newman answered someone's tweet right after the race and said she had no idea who the dead weight was.)

Hey but kudos to you MJ for having Tony's back! LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:03 am

maybe there was someone in the shop who was doing enough work to "get by" every company or business has that one person, and when talking about having good runs, he said about getting rid of dead weight back at the shop.....
<<

jamo14

Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:42 pm

I'm dead weight, but there's no getting rid of me........
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

Next

Return to Tony