Zipadelli well aware of opening at SHR

<<

peanut1439

Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:14 pm

Zipadelli well aware of opening at SHR

By Sporting News Wire Service
September 23, 2011 7:27 PM, EDT

type size: + -
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- You don't have to read the want ads to know there's an ongoing search for a competition director at Stewart-Haas Racing.
At one point, Greg Zipadelli and Tony Stewart expected to spend their entire careers together as crew chief and driver, respectively.
"We had that plan once, and it broke, so I don't know," Zipadelli said Thursday when asked if a reunion might be in the cards.
Zipadelli spent 10 years as Stewart's crew chief at Joe Gibbs Racing. They won Cup championships together in 2002 and 2005. But when Stewart left in 2009 as co-owner of Stewart-Haas Racing, Zipadelli stayed at JGR, where he is under contract through 2012.
Despite the split, he and Stewart have remained close.
"Obviously, we're like brothers," Zipadelli said. "I still respect him. We talk all the time, hang out on weekends or Sundays off.
"We had the kids over there after Richmond on his boat out on the lake, so we're still good friends, and whatever he does I'm proud of him for it."
As to the job at Stewart-Haas, Zipadelli said, "I know -- I hear about it all the time."
From Stewart or from everybody else?
"All of the above," Zipadelli said.
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

classic_chevy

Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:30 pm

Re: Zipadelli well aware of opening at SHR

PLEASE come to SHR Zippy
<<

azk8ster

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:02 am

Or move Darian to competition director and have Greg back with Tony as crew chief....if Zippy came to SHR in ANY capacity it would be AWESOME!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

Shander

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:58 pm

I think Zippy should come to SHR and be Tony's crew chief and Darian should become the crew chief for the 3rd car. He has lots of patience especially for Danica. Yup, that's my 2 cents worth.
"No Woman will ever be truly satisfied... because no man will ever have a chocolate penis that ejaculates money."
Be who you are and say what you feel... Because those that matter.. don't mind and those that mind... don't matter!!
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:53 pm

I was just thinking...just don't give Zippy to Danica.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:29 am

Tony & Darrien arent splitting up.
In fact If Zippy comes here, he will be Ryan's CC, & Tony Gibson will go & drool over at Danicas team for awhile, So Ryan wont have to feel bad for TG being fired. He just moves over to help start up team for Danica, & then in a year so will be fired & Eury Jr. will replace him as Danica's CC & Ryans hands are clean. (since Ryan likes TG, I think he will always defend him as a CC, but he doesnt get a say when he is not his CC)

Okay okay, I made all that up, but it sure sounds good! :D
ImageImageImage

Return to Tony