FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Migraine Headache

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:17 pm

Migraine Headache

Maybe I missed something, but has Tony suffered from migraines before or is this something new?

Yesterday was the first time I ever heard of him speak of a migraine. I really feel sorry for him, if he does get them.

I've never had one (thank God) but my wife has and she can be down for a couple days with one. They can be totally debilitating. :( :( :(
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

tlmerk

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Migraine Headache

I don't get migraines but I get bad headaches when the barometer changes sometimes. He was in an area where there was a lot of barometric pressure with the rain and this could have caused a bad headache. I've never heard of him suffering from migraines before either but maybe he just had a bad headache and is calling it a migraine?
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

A2Zmama

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:38 pm

I've never had one either, but my hubby has suffered for most of his life. His parents talk of taking him to the ER when he was about 8. I can't imagine, but I truly feel for him. It is nothing I would wish on my worst enemy.
Just because I'm a family raising, meal cooking homemaking wonder, doesn't mean I'm a desperate housewife.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:35 pm

I've given my wife many an injection over the years, tucked her into bed, turned off the lights, lowered the sound on the TV and closed the bedroom door. Usually she surfaced the next day feeling better. :( :(

I had just never heard of Tony and migraines before yesterday. :|
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

<<

Tinker

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:55 pm

I remember several years ago when he had migraine so bad that they had a back-up driver on standby. Tony got out of the car and later wished he hadn't. He hated doing it but the pain of the migraine was terrible.
“Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.” ~ John Wayne
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:11 pm

Thanks, Tinker, somewhere I missed incidents like that which is why yesterday took me by surprise.

<<

Smoke14TS

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:41 pm

He's had a few that I can recall, not specific times but it seems they've been mentioned at least a few times. I dunno how migraines work so this is an uneducated question but I wonder if it could have something to do with the numerous concussions he's suffered in a race car.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:12 am

Many different things can cause Migraines, they're known as "triggers".....here are a few from a list my ex-wife had, she would get them so bad that she had to be in total darkness for usually 2 days....

Your diet can trigger migraines
Alcoholic drinks
Coffee, tea, cola
Aged cheese
Chocolate
Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
Nitrates (food preservatives)
Smoked fish
Nuts
Pickled foods
Missed meals
Psychological stress
Fatigue or irregular sleep
Changes in weather
Traveling to different altitudes
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:07 am

Changes in weather (pressure) will most often trigger my wife's.

<<

im4tony

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:27 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:Thanks, Tinker, somewhere I missed incidents like that which is why yesterday took me by surprise.

I missed that too but migraines can be really bad. There have medication for them but it knocks you out so Tony couldn't take that I am sure. I was also surprised.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:06 pm

I recall him talking about it more than once before, but just a few times.
I've had 4 that I can remember. They are awful, just moving makes your head pound & that it in return makes you want to throw up & sometimes you eventually do. I know one was a result of not eating for so long of time for too any days in a row. Anothers from stress & one I have no idea why. That's why as soon as I start getting a headache I jump on taking care of it do it doesn't get to that point. I know they would have turned into one when 2 Advils don't start giving me relief after 20-30 mins. 3 Advils at one time is the same as a prescription pain pill my Dr. told me but don't take more than 6 pills in a 24 hr period.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:13 pm

My wife hasn't had one in several months (knock wood) but when she does, I do NOT get in between her & the bathroom. She doesn't feel like eating when she gets one, but that doesn't stop the dry heaves. :(

Return to Tony