FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I wish Tony would stop being so negative.

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:08 am

I wish Tony would stop being so negative.

Yesterday Tony ruled himself out of championship contention. I understand it has been a hard year. But he himself said it when teh chase starts its a whole new game. And with 3 top tens out of the last four races he is going into the chase running well at least.

If he feels so bad about his chances why should I as a fan even bother. I love Smoke he is my hero and will always be my driver but he has to give his fans hope. Don't make people like Gluck look smart by agreeing with him.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

im4tony

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:41 am

Re: I wish Tony would stop being so negative.

Those who believe they can will succeed and do well. Those who think they can't won't. Attitude is everything and I don't like to think Tony is that negative but if he is, it's over for him.

I hope he does well and the negative vibes leave the air and he can turn this around.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

osoblu

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:11 am

As the owner he should know that those negative vibes reverberate down to the lowest employee. Shame on him. But I don't believe his head has been in the game of Nascar for some time now. I've heard him twice this year say that he wanted to park the car. This is not the fire and brimstone Tony that I've been a fan of for years. He's in charge and changes need to be made. He's again this week applauded Darien and crew for their outstanding work. So where is it missing?
<<

tlmerk

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:06 pm

Yep, I made a similar observation recently when he said he didn't deserve to be in the Chase but then the next day he seemed to change his attitude and was back to the old confident Tony. I don't know what is going on but maybe all his other financial concerns (i.e. his other racing teams, Eldora, Danica coming on board, etc.) are starting to take their toll on his mindset. I hope this was a temporary statement that he again regrets; otherwise, it doesn't bode well for the rest of the season and as someone stated, it's crappy for the rest of his team who work hard to do their jobs. If the leader/boss has given up, why should they bust their butts?

Come on Tony... we're all out there KNOWING you can do this.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:16 am

He realizes he doesn't have the CC/crew to compete in the Chase...that's not negative, just the facts..."reco-nize bishes"... ;) :lol:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:51 am

smoke14rulez wrote:He realizes he doesn't have the CC/crew to compete in the Chase...that's not negative, just the facts..."reco-nize bishes"... ;) :lol:

I see Tony's comments the same way. He isn't being negative, he's being a realist. It's unfortunate, but this year has not been up to par for Tony & the #14 crew and he knows it.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

im4tony

Post Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:30 am

By the way that attitude I talked about above, needs to be for the whole team. It is a clean slate now and time to re-focus again on a winning strategy.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen

Return to Tony