All things Tony
Post a reply

Tony says his car is bad to the bone

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:32 pm

Tony in the car that he lead 163 laps at Vegas says the car is bad to bone. So far very happy. Great sign for the race Sunday.

Re: Tony says his car is bad to the bone

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:25 pm

Tony need's flawless pit-stops, 13.2 :D Yah Buddy 8-)

Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:59 am

He was what, 14th in the 1st practice? Decent qual order, but not great. I'll be watching today's 2nd practice & quals to see how he & Ryan look. :D

Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:26 pm

I'm feeling it.......

Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:56 pm

onerockindoc wrote:I'm feeling it.......

Even though he's starting 20th? :|

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:12 pm

Yep..remember it's not where you start but where you finish! Work with me HH

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:27 pm

I'm trying, doc, but at this track it's rare for a driver starting this far back to win. :| When he won last year, he started 5th. None of the top 3 started below 7th.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:48 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:I'm trying, doc, but at this track it's rare for a driver starting this far back to win. :| When he won last year, he started 5th. None of the top 3 started below 7th.

Tony just needs a top ten.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:54 pm

I have faith in Smoke when he makes comments like that. He doesn't say those things often. I think he needs a top 5 unless BK and Clint have trouble.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:58 pm

If he is approaching Atlanta with the intention of "points racing" then I agree, Schmoopy, a top 10 finish would be great and really help him stay in the top 10 Chase drivers. I'm looking more at his chance of winning.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:08 pm

I won't say I am a little concerned, but he is starting 20th. However on the bright side he did finish in 2nd during the second practice.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:10 am

I don't like that Tony starts 20th but at least BK is starting 14th. It doesn't really matter Tony has won a ton of races starting farther. What matter os how good he was in practice and that he likes his car a ton. Once the tires wear he'll run his line and go straight to the front. This car has never qualifed well for him even at Vegas he start like 15th. I'll be working from 10am to 9pm today so I'll have to hurry home to see Tony take the checkered flag 8-).

Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:19 am

Also had the best ten lap average 8-). Career win number 40 boys and girls.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:21 am

Smokeshow14 wrote:...I'll have to hurry home to see Tony take the checkered flag 8-).

I like the way you think!!

GO SMOKE!!

Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:06 am

Tony is not points racing these last two races. He has already said this weekend that a win is what he needs abd that is his goal.
Post a reply