All things Tony
Post a reply

Tony's In Phoenix

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:26 pm

Goodyear is conducting a tire test Monday and Tuesday (August 29-30) on Phoenix International Raceway's new surface, with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers #48-Jimmie Johnson, #14-Tony Stewart, #99-Carl Edwards, #22-Kurt Busch and #18-Kyle Busch participating. The testing sessions will be closed to the general public.

Re: Tony's In Phoenix

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:29 pm

Not a good time to be here, over 110 today. Even I'm very tired of the heat. I can't imagine being in a cup car here right now. Additional track time is good, but not so sure any of them are going to appreciate it this week.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:46 pm

Yuck! Did my 18 years in #### already, can't imagine strapping into a tin top and running around that nice warm track right now :?

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:33 am

PIR on Facebook said the track temp was 157! maybe, just maybe, if i got into one the cars today i'd drop a few pounds, lol!

saw some footage on the local news, track looks SOOOOO smooth! and really weird without all the sponsor signs that are normally around it

Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:57 pm

They have another testing thing in October sometime that IS open to the public. Hope I get to go...

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:29 am

dirt93 wrote:They have another testing thing in October sometime that IS open to the public. Hope I get to go...

asked for the day off about 5 minutes after i heard about it!
Post a reply