FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Where does SHR buy their garbage trucks?

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:51 pm

Re: Where does SHR buy their garbage trucks?

Better than his finish in the May race (29th), and he is only 9 points from the Chase lead after today, but considering where he & Ryan both finished, SHR has some serious work to do in order to figure out their cars for Dover.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:55 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:Better than his finish in the May race (29th), and he is only 9 points from the Chase lead after today, but considering where he & Ryan both finished, SHR has some serious work to do in order to figure out their cars for Dover.

And it makes NO sense....they've both won multiple races there.....hmmmmmmmmmmm :? :?
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:01 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:
HiddenHollow wrote:Better than his finish in the May race (29th), and he is only 9 points from the Chase lead after today, but considering where he & Ryan both finished, SHR has some serious work to do in order to figure out their cars for Dover.

And it makes NO sense....they've both won multiple races there.....hmmmmmmmmmmm :? :?

I would agree - NO sense. But both teams have lost the handle on Dover. :( :( :(
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:04 pm

Dover is a tough track for most drivers with the exception of Jimmie Johnson and the Roush teams,they seem to have it figured out.Not worried about it,do believe anyone outside the top 9 is now out thou :?:
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:12 am

Anybody who's paid attention to Tony's performances at Dover the last several years (even back to the Gibbs days) can't be surprised by how bad they ran yesterday. I went into yesterday's race just hoping for a top-10 like I usually hope for a win. It is what it is. Flat tracks and intermediates seem to be better, so we'll see what happens in Kansas (I think that's where they are next week, they changed everything around on me). Talladega and Martinsville are the two remaining tracks I have concerns over. Otherwise, while I'm not gonna outright say he'll win, I will say that if he can keep what he'd done the last four weeks going, I won't bet against him.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Smoke_14

Post Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:29 am

I've been going to Dover for 17 years now. The last 5 years or so, Tony hasn't run all that well. The last two years has been better, but man, this year it has been awful for SHR. I watched Tony be a moving chicane out there in the Spring race this year. Yesterday was much better, but both cars were still way off. I'm not down on this year just yet. Only 9 points out after Dover, anyone of us would have taken that heading into the Chase. Dover was his worst track, and everyone knew it, including the team. To come out of here within spitting distance of the leaders is a win for this team. I wouldn't be surprised if Smoke came out of Kansas the points leader again next week. Would be great.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:26 pm

I am not sure why in the last three races there Tony has struggled so bad there. He was so good at Dover his first 12 starts it probbaly was his best track from 1999 to 2004. Then after that it has been up and down. He is only 9 points away and I feel good about all the tracks remaning so don't worry he'll be alright.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:27 pm

The cars changed (COT), wing, then spoiler, front splitter, new redesigned front splitter, different tires, etc. Some teams got it figured out, SHR isn't one of them. Why don't they pick up the phone and call over to their good buddy Rick at HMS (you know, where they get their chassis & motors) and ask for some "inside" info. :roll: :roll: :roll: ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
Previous

Return to Tony