All things Tony
Post a reply

Bittersweet

Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:13 pm

One one hand, it's great for Tony to get a runner-up finish to Ryan, great day for SHR.

On the other, second sucks.

On one hand, we now go to Indianapolis with momentum and the knowledge that Tony's got a race-winning team now.

One one hand, we're well into the Chase now with a run at the type of track that had been the team's Achille's heel this year.

Re: Bittersweet

Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:33 pm

What are you trying to say... second sucks? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Second place is the first car to lose the race (can't remember who said that, or something close).

Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:49 pm

I'm just happy SHR took 1 and 2. They have no ties in racing. At least 1 and 2 beat 41 other cars and it was in favor of our guys.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:10 pm

It's bittersweet, but I think Newman needed a win way more than Tony. I like Tony's chances of getting and staying in the top 10 better than Newman's. Especially with the upcoming tracks. Great tracks for Smoke.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:59 pm

More bitter than sweet here in Texas.......................

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:12 pm

Smoke14TS,

How many hands have you got, I count 6...how many more do you need ?

Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 am

It was very cool to see SHR's fiest on two finish but why couldn't the 14 be first?

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:15 am

Smokeshow14 wrote:It was very cool to see SHR's fiest on two finish but why couldn't the 14 be first?

Because the 39 was. ;) Tony said he left nothing on the track. He used up all his stuff getting around the #24 (the #11 was saving fuel). Still a great run for both drivers & teams!!

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:35 am

HiddenHollow wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:It was very cool to see SHR's fiest on two finish but why couldn't the 14 be first?

Because the 39 was. ;) Tony said he left nothing on the track. He used up all his stuff getting around the #24 (the #11 was saving fuel). Still a great run for both drivers & teams!!

I agree with you HH. It was awesome and i wouldn't place a bet that Tony was the least bit upset. Ryan needed an uplift and he got it. If Tony could have gotten around him he would have. It's just good ole racin..........

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:10 pm

I know of 41 other positions that smoke could of ended up, and maybe second doesn't suck, if you think about it. If you finish 2nd every race you would end up first, really it does work this way!!!
Any who, congrats on the front row sweep in qualifying and the all important 1st, 2nd finish!! :lol:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:41 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:What are you trying to say... second sucks? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Second place is the first car to lose the race (can't remember who said that, or something close).

"If you aint first, then you're last." - - Ricky Bobby's dad in Talladega Nights... ? ? ?

Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:50 pm

no bitterness here, I thought it was pretty sweet.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:33 pm

i was so proud of both of them. and you could tell, Tony was just tickled to death. the whole organization needed it. and good job to Darian. he called it good even tho he was sicker than a dog.

tg

Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:09 pm

No bitterness in my lil' world. What Ryan & Tony accomplished was AWESOME. 8-)

Very proud of SHR. :D
Very proud of Tony & Ryan. :D

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:59 pm

Second shouldn't suck when Tony owns the winning car!

He didn't sound too disappointed to me post-race.

I think this was an awesome day for SHR and yes, Tony needs a win and will get one but as for "Sucking" can't agree with you on that note and neither did Smoke. But I do feel for you if you're a Tony fan and not a Ryan fan. Just remember who "owns" the 39 car. :-)
Post a reply