FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Richmond

<<

griff5071

Post Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:31 pm

Richmond

Smoke, I have been a loyal fan of yours for more than 20 years. I have stood a defended you more times than I can count. I know of many of the great and wonderful things you have done away from the race track, and I applaud you for your work.

I must say after the last two races, last week and this, you have lost this fan! Taking other drivers out, just because your car is a piece of junk, is not racing. You have been acting like a spoiled child throwing a fit, and you are flat out leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouth, instead of going out to cheers I am afraid you will be going out to boo's I you keep this garbage up!
Pull your head out of your butt, and race like the racer I used to cheer for, you know, the one who only wrecked guys who had done something to you first!

I wish you well in retirement, at this rate it can't come to soon.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:43 am

Re: Richmond

people will probably light you up for saying those things, but it takes courage to say things when you like something and think something is not right...

tony had said ryan got into him 3 times and that he cut ryan slack because they are friends and if it was anyone else he would have dumped them after the interaction..
I miss you Frehley........

<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:55 am

griff5071 wrote:Smoke, I have been a loyal fan of yours for more than 20 years. I have stood a defended you more times than I can count. I know of many of the great and wonderful things you have done away from the race track, and I applaud you for your work.

I must say after the last two races, last week and this, you have lost this fan! Taking other drivers out, just because your car is a piece of junk, is not racing. You have been acting like a spoiled child throwing a fit, and you are flat out leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouth, instead of going out to cheers I am afraid you will be going out to boo's I you keep this garbage up!
Pull your head out of your butt, and race like the racer I used to cheer for, you know, the one who only wrecked guys who had done something to you first!

I wish you well in retirement, at this rate it can't come to soon.

Scott was racing everybody like an idiot at Darlington, in the way even at four laps down. If you paid attention to him when people came off the turns beside him, there could have been a wreck every time. It was only a matter of time before someone turned him. As for tonight, that no-necked never-was thought he was going to bulldoze his way through everybody like he did to make the championship round two years ago and it didn't happen. To say the #### he said afterwards, I mean everyone knows he goes for the lowest blow he possibly can in an interview but he crossed the line big time bringing up the Ward deal. To call that pathetic doesn't begin to cover it. He can go screw himself, he'll have plenty of time to do it seeing as Ty Dillon will be in that car come next year.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:00 am

Ryan didnt bring up Kevin Ward, he said something to the effect that he thought tony was back in the sprint car and was angry, unless there is a totally different video out there i havent seen, sure if you want to get analytical and break it down you can find the Ward accident in there, but you can do that with any group of words for any type of situation, Mr No Neck Never Was mentioned google and youtube in regards of past transactions tony had on the track, tony fans are so sensitive thinking everything is about Kevin Ward, when Ryan made those comments i was just thinking of tony's crashes in nascar, it never dawned on me to think of Kevin Ward,

<<

barnes442

Post Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:58 am

Duplicate
Last edited by barnes442 on Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

barnes442

Post Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:01 am

Bye Fairweather fan. A top 10 car is junk? Go jump on the John Hunter Nemecheck bandwagon if thats your level of intelligence.

Tonys interview was very classy. Took responsibility for it and complimenting Newman throughout most of it.
<<

tlmerk

Post Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:48 pm

Tony's interview was extremely classy, I agree. But he wasn't always that way. I'm still a fan but intentionally wrecking an old friend, teammate and driver going for his last chance to clench a Chase spot is BS IMO. I hate when any driver intentionally wrecks someone because they ALWAYS take the chance of collecting drivers who did nothing wrong. I think these drivers should have to pay the owners of the cars they wreck intentionally and those caught up in the resulting wreck.

Tony's classy but what he did at Richmond is not IMO. Intentionally wrecking someone should come with consequences. I know this is racing and it's intense and thrilling, but human safety should not be overlooked. When a driver intentionally (that's the only important term here IMO) sets out to wreck someone deliberately, what are the chances others are going to be affected?

Many of my Smoke friends may wear rose-colored glasses when they talk about how cool Smoke is and defend him no matter what he does. I can't be that way. I guess it's the adult, mom, teacher in me but I'm so disappointed in him this weekend. (Ryan wasn't exactly classy either but he just lost a Chase spot in his mind by the "friend" who fired him a couple years ago.)

Not classy at all Smoke. (Except he did have the balls to admit it!)
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

Outlaw7841

Post Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:01 pm

I've met Tony, I've talked to Tony, I know what kind of person he is inside the car and outside the car. We loyal fans of his do for the most part. This is my take from Richmond. I watch Tony every lap I can. weather he is first or 21st. So when he and Ryan had the first contact, I new Tony would be upset but not that upset because it was Ryan. Then when Ryan hit him again, I thought Tony might pay him back later until the third shot off the corner. I saw that Tony was going down on Ryan and new what Tony was doing. At that moment, I'll be honest, I was more on Ryan's side until Tony's. Ryan was fighting for a chase spot, a top ten, and possibly a top five. But then Ryan preceded to get out of his car and make remarks such as "Oh, I'm fine. I think it was pretty obvious watching the video. I don't even have to watch it. The No. 14 (Tony Stewart) cut across my nose into Turn 1 and I got into him after that, but he'd already chopped into me and messed up my line and I clipped him a little bit coming off of (Turn) 2; but he just cut across my nose. Going down the back straightaway there, I guess he thought he was in a Sprint Car again; did not know how to control his anger. We'll keep fighting like we always do. It's just unfortunate not to end the way we wanted to. The Caterpillar Chevrolet and Grainger and Sprint and everybody else who helps put us on. But, it's just disappointing that you've got somebody old like that, that should be retired the way he drives. It's just ridiculous.""I only hit him in Turn 1 when he cut across my nose. So, I don't think there was any reason other than him just being bipolar and having anger issues. Google Tony Stewart; you'll see all kinds of things he's done. Look it up. YouTube and everything else. Quite the guy."
"Tony Stewart ran across my nose twice in one lap. The second one cost him and me. It's unfortunate. He has got issues. We all know he's got issues. He proved it again tonight. I was clearly inside of him getting into Turn 1, he cut across my nose, I was on the brakes, on the apron and I hit him coming off of Turn 2, but only because I got loose, I was on the apron. The next thing I know he is driving across my nose on the back straightaway because he's Tony Stewart and he thinks he owns everything. It's unfortunate, but shouldn't expect anything less from him.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what Ryan was talking about with the sprint car accident. and even if he wasn't talking about that one, he was talking about a sprint car accident for sure. Then you have him saying he's old and should be retired. what the #### has Ryan #### Newman done in his career? 49 poles to Tony Stewart's 49 wins AND 3 championships? He's also not won in three years. I could go on and on. But I really liked Ryan before the comments he made Saturday. I lost all respect for him afterwards.
NASCAR plans to talk to both of them..
http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/09/12/ ... -to-track/
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:03 pm

and if ryan was being coy about the sprint car comment, so what? you can go on you tube and find videos of tony getting angry when someone crosses him on the track at a nascar race, it seems tony took the comment in stride, and if anyone had a REAL reason to be mad, it would be him.

<<

Outlaw7841

Post Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:30 am

michaeljohn wrote:and if ryan was being coy about the sprint car comment, so what? you can go on you tube and find videos of tony getting angry when someone crosses him on the track at a nascar race, it seems tony took the comment in stride, and if anyone had a REAL reason to be mad, it would be him.

But the times of buying Bryan Clauson's FAVORITE helmet for 32,000 and giving it back to his fiance, or giving drivers brand new racing helmets and suits after he was injured or giving millions upon millions to chariates such as the victory Junction Gang Camp don't out way that? They do in my mind. Not everyone is perfect, and Tony is like you or I, he's done a lot of wrong's but the rights he's done in his life, and career have out weighed the wrongs. And the things his "friend" said about him were so far out of line, I cannot even put them into words.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:12 pm

I'm thrilled to report that a group of us from here(including someone who commented on this thread) had a spirited and respectful commentary on Facebook.

In the end we all agreed that we wish the incident Saturday night hadn't happened. But it did and that it is up to Tony and Ryan to sort out. Support for both drivers was unwavering and most importantly we all walked away with our dignity intact.
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid-John Wayne
<<

Lady NASCAR

Post Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:18 pm

onerockindoc wrote:I'm thrilled to report that a group of us from here(including someone who commented on this thread) had a spirited and respectful commentary on Facebook.

In the end we all agreed that we wish the incident Saturday night hadn't happened. But it did and that it is up to Tony and Ryan to sort out. Support for both drivers was unwavering and most importantly we all walked away with our dignity intact.

I am thinking there is an important message here because the writer is usually focused on good intentions.

That being said, what are some of us missing? :shock:
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:36 pm

The moral of this Story is.....

I wish I could take credit for this, but it is from my FAVORITE spotter...BOB...WTG..perfect!! :lol:

"Fight for four"..Me
Everything is Possible...If you Believe
<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:53 pm

Lady NASCAR wrote:
onerockindoc wrote:I'm thrilled to report that a group of us from here(including someone who commented on this thread) had a spirited and respectful commentary on Facebook.

I am thinking there is an important message here because the writer is usually focused on good intentions.

That being said, what are some of us missing? :shock:

The only reason I posted this is quite honestly because I wouldn't touch this topic here. I will not subject myself to the ridicule that comes from posting your feelings on any given subject. I've been fortunate to make lifelong friends from this site. Yes, I said lifelong. But there is a faction that hits and runs and has essentially no moral compass.

My hope is that we can all temper our comments, learn to appreciate our differences without resorting to name calling and low blows.

OMG...sounds like I'm in the Miss America pageant. World peace folks....preach it, teach it!

Annalee, I saw the sign earlier this morning.....thumbs up.
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid-John Wayne
<<

Lady NASCAR

Post Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:08 pm

onerockindoc wrote:
Lady NASCAR wrote:

The only reason I posted this is quite honestly because I wouldn't touch this topic here. I will not subject myself to the ridicule that comes from posting your feelings on any given subject. I've been fortunate to make lifelong friends from this site. Yes, I said lifelong. But there is a faction that hits and runs and has essentially no moral compass.

My hope is that we can all temper our comments, learn to appreciate our differences without resorting to name calling and low blows.

OMG...sounds like I'm in the Miss America pageant. World peace folks....preach it, teach it!

Annalee, I saw the sign earlier this morning.....thumbs up.

OK I'll mind my own business.
Next

Return to Tony