FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Has this bothered anyone else?

<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:28 pm

Has this bothered anyone else?

It hit me last night that I haven't seen any kind of statement from Gene Haas regarding Tony's absence or return?

I googled Gene Haas earlier and have seen nothing...did I miss it or has he said nothing at all?
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

TeddyBearNC

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:00 pm

Re: Has this bothered anyone else?

I have been waiting to see something from him one way or the other. He should, at least appreciate that Tony saved his dying race team from total failure.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:02 pm

I thought I saw Gene at the 14 box at some point after the incident with Kyle, but I'm not 100% sure it was him. There were a ton of people in and out pretty much from the time I got there during driver intros to when they had gotten the box packed up and taken the rest of the equipment to the garage. It certainly looked like him and he had on a light-colored shirt with the Haas logo. But I don't know for a fact that it was him.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:23 pm

TeddyBearNC wrote:I have been waiting to see something from him one way or the other. He should, at least appreciate that Tony saved his dying race team from total failure.

he did show his appreciation by giving 50% ownership, i can see it now people are gonna hang him here because he didnt say anything publicly, he doesnt have to share anything that involves he and tony...
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:51 pm

When is the last time anyone seen Felix Sabates, he still owns a small portion of Ganassi? ;)
When is the last time anyone seen Teresa Earnhardt, she is still involved with RCR and the engine program?
When is the last time anyone seen Gene aside announcing Hiring Kurt Bush? ;)
Gene was at the driver introduction and was seen with Tony during the prerace show, does anyone here aside myself remember what he even looks like? :mrgreen:
<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:05 pm

Ok...so he was there. For Kurt I assume.

Because of how he went about hiring Kurt it doesn't ring true that he is a "silent" partner. I only brought it up as I've seen him around when I go to races and wonder if he is no commenting or maybe no one cares what he has to say. The only reason I bring this up is that like it or not he is aligned with Tony and the success of this company in Nascar solely lies on the shoulders of Tony.

I'll leave it at that. Unless someone wants to poke the bear.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:16 pm

onerockindoc wrote:Ok...so he was there. For Kurt I assume.

Because of how he went about hiring Kurt it doesn't ring true that he is a "silent" partner. I only brought it up as I've seen him around when I go to races and wonder if he is no commenting or maybe no one cares what he has to say. The only reason I bring this up is that like it or not he is aligned with Tony and the success of this company in Nascar solely lies on the shoulders of Tony.

I'll leave it at that. Unless someone wants to poke the bear.

Gene wasn't hugging Kurt, he was hugging Tony. ;) Now far as poking the bear, Gene is the one with the bigger wallet. :lol:
<<

Tinker

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:18 pm

Kind of hard to miss someone, when you never look for them. I keep hoping that with Gene's FI venture maybe he'll leave NASCAR and open the door for SHR to be Stewart-Harvick Racing. :D
“Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.” ~ John Wayne
<<

smokieonefour

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:47 pm

I'm thinking ... that perhaps one should not expect Gene Haas ... to pick up on certain "social ques" - I hear that he's not that kind of guy.

If you know what "missing social ques" means ... then you know what I'm talking about ...
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:30 am

Social cues serve several purposes in social interactions that help to clarify people's meanings and intentions. Cues help provide clues as to whether or not one is being accepted or rejected by those around them. They also provide more information about a person, group or interaction that allow for a higher degree of intimacy and quality of contact. One of the most important impacts of cues on social interactions is the reduction of ambiguity.[1]

However, children use social cues somewhat differently from adults. More specifically, children use social cues in order to comprehend and learn about their surroundings. Research has found that children rely more on social cues than adults and that children focus more on gestural than other types of cues.[1]

Facial expressions are signals that we make by moving our facial muscles on our face. Facial expressions generally signify an emotional state, and each emotional state and/or state of mind has a specific facial expression, many of which are universally used around the world.[2] Without seeing someone’s facial expression, one would not be able to see if the other person is crying, happy, angry, etc.[3] Furthermore, facial expressions enable us to further comprehend what is going on during situations that are very difficult and/or confusing.

Body language and body posture are other social cues that we use to interpret how someone else is feeling. Other than facial expressions, body language and posture are the main non-verbal social cues that we use.[4]

Gestures are specific motions that one makes with the hands in order to further communicate a message. Certain gestures such as pointing gestures, can help direct people’s focus to what is important that is going on around them.[1] Not only does using gestures help the speaker to better process what they are saying, but it also helps whoever is listening to that person to better comprehend what the speaker is saying.[5]

Proximity represents the physical distance and/or closeness between people. Not only does this affect one’s ability to see or touch the other person that they are communicating with, but is also affects one feeling of psychological closeness that one person has for the other. Furthermore, studies have found that people feel more connected to each other when they are in closer proximity to each other.[6]

This is from Wikipedia, in case anyone was wondering...

I've never cared for Gene Haas so I can't say I've ever looked for him at a race. But I don't think he's the type to call attention to himself. I really couldn't care less what he says or does since he can't saddle SHR with any more drivers. Frankly, I'm hoping this F1 thing keeps him away from NASCAR...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

kim92164

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:20 am

Maybe he's been in contact with Tony behind the scenes. He may feel like with the media circus that he shouldn't add fuel to it. He may be one that isn't all that comfortable being put on the spot.
<<

bowtie_4

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:41 am

Thats wht PR peeps are for.
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:43 am

I am sure legally he was told not to say anything.......his name is on Stewart Haas Racing. Legally he could be liable....If you will notice most of everything released came from Brett Frood and Mike Arning....PR people

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

MikeT

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:59 am

Doesn't bother me a bit. Maybe he's busy here. This site was just launched.

http://www.haasf1team.com/

Mike
I'm with Smoke.
<<

cdn guy

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:43 am

Gene Haas never says much – publicly. He works behind the scenes, staying as far away from the public eye as he can. He’s always been that way. No big deal. And I’m certain that his F1 venture is keeping him very busy. Working with (in spite of?) the F1 circus is never easy, even for ‘established’ teams. And I don’t think he’ll be keeping his F1 and NASCAR interests completely separate – they do have adjoining buildings in Kannapolis. AND … (you heard it here first) … I fully expect Tony to be somehow involved with the F1 venture, in an advisory or organizing role, when his driving days start to dwindle down. Tony will never fully leave the racing world and we all know how good he is with setting up and keeping racing teams running.
Next

Return to Tony