FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Chassis selection and first practice stats......

<<

Annalee

Post Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:55 pm

Chassis selection and first practice stats......

Well first practice is done....... :( :(
Tony ran the most laps of anyone...65, during the first part he was in 40th place, made some changes moved up to 37th, ended practice with a lap time 15.271 in the 35th place...I don't know if they had changed over into qualifying speed....at least I hope not!!!

This is his car for Bristol...if you will notice this is not a short track car....it is the car he put the track record for Texas Motor Speedway.....why didn't they use this car last week..it's fast on mile and a half tracks, never used on a short track ever.... :roll: :roll: :( I just don't know....NOTHING MAKES ANY SENSE..Why aren't they using the car he finished fourth at Bristol last year...At least with that one he might have a chance....

#14-Tony Stewart: Chassis No. 14-827: This car debuted in July 2014 during the Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Stewart used it to qualify sixth, but in the race the car was persistently loose and it finished 17th. It was a reversal of fortune for the car, for in its lone test prior to Indianapolis it excelled, as Kevin Harvick drove it to the fastest speed of anyone participating in the Dec. 9, 2013 test session at Charlotte (N.C.)Motor Speedway. Chassis No. 14-827 next raced at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Illinois, where it had a quiet weekend, qualifying 22nd and finishing 18th. The car returned to Charlotte in October where it made its third career start, qualifying a strong fourth but finishing 21st, bedeviled by a tight-handling condition. Its last start of 2014 came in November at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, where in qualifying it set the fastest lap in a stock car at a 1.5-mile oval when Stewart drove it to a lap of 26.985 seconds at 200.111 mph. It was the first time a stock car surpassed the 200 mph mark on a 1.5-mile oval. The car performed admirably in the race, finishing 11th. The car hasn't raced since, but it has logged numerous hours in the wind tunnel with its new Chevrolet SS body. Its first start of 2015 comes this weekend at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway, and it will be Chassis No. 14-827's fifth career start.
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:05 am

Re: Chassis selection and first practice stats......

Well, he was terrible on Friday last year, started 37th I think, and then they hit on something Saturday and he was able to get his best finish of the year (fourth) in the race. Granted he had some help from other guys having bad luck but he did have a top-10 car. Unfortunately those notes are scrap paper with the rule changes so we'll just have to see. Compared to last year though he starts 16 spots better, which is good for something I suppose.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:04 am

Well his car was soooooooo loose, first practice into the wall, backend torn up........right rear quarter panel .....no back up...here he is looking at stats, while the crew is repairing the car.... :(
I just don't know, what they are going to do to help this car drive better........on tv, they said it was the gear ratio this year that is making them so loose.. Their is some consolation in that everyone is loose...especially the Hendrick cars....yikes JJ just hit the wall too!!

Back out running on the bottom...keep your fingers crossed

I # Support Smoke
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:32 am

Window net is up & @TonyStewart is ready to roll back out with 15 mins remaining in practice at @BMSupdates. NASCAR

Runing on the bottom......maybe that will be better :) ....good turn around from the crew.....

I # Support Smoke
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:38 pm

Final practice.......getting better...finished 16th ran ALOT of laps...they are looking for some speed... :D

Tony Stewart and crew chief Chad Johnston look over turn two at Bristol Motor Speedway and gameplan for raceday.

Looking for speed.....Hope they find it...
I # Support Smoke

Return to Tony