FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

View inside a sprint car

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:17 pm

View inside a sprint car

My son took a pic inside our teams sprint car one night while we were in the pits. This is that view. If you look to the right you notice you see wing. Now on the dirt cars & depending on how a car is handling this wing can go down even more.

ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:22 pm

Re: View inside a sprint car

a couple pics of the feet peddles.
Anyone that hasn't ever looked in a sprint car. Drivers practically sit on their feet (no stretching out inside a sprint car LOL)

ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:41 pm

Drive-line between legs, ahh no thanks!
YouTube has an excellent web cam in Sammy Swindells Sprint Car if anyone wants to know what it's like through a drivers eyes. AWESOME-BUT YET INSANE!!!! 8-)
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:46 pm

wolfgang wrote:Drive-line between legs, ahh no thanks!
YouTube has an excellent web cam in Sammy Swindells Sprint Car if anyone wants to know what it's like through a drivers eyes. AWESOME-BUT YET INSANE!!!! 8-)

not only that. the fuel line runs through the cockpit too. that is where we would change out the pill, depending on air & weather. Sprint car drivers are nuts. :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

rjburton24

Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:24 pm

if you would email me these pics (don't know how to save them), I have a few people i would like to share them with, with your permission and anonymously on your part ok. not sure how things work on this board yet, but if there's not a way to get my email off the profile, let me know and i'll put it on here....i have nothing to hide. thanks. Leslie
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:35 pm

rjburton24 wrote:if you would email me these pics (don't know how to save them), I have a few people i would like to share them with, with your permission and anonymously on your part ok. not sure how things work on this board yet, but if there's not a way to get my email off the profile, let me know and i'll put it on here....i have nothing to hide. thanks. Leslie

you should be able to pull them off right here actually.

Right click, go to properties & copy & paste the url.

or if you are just trying to save the pics.
Right click the pic
& go to save picture as & you can save the pick to your cpu wherever you store your pics downloads whatever.
Last edited by Schmoopy1000 on Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:39 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:

not only that. the fuel line runs through the cockpit too. that is where we would change out the pill, depending on air & weather. Sprint car drivers are nuts. :mrgreen:

" Nuts" is putting it mildly! :lol:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:50 pm

wolfgang wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:

" Nuts" is putting it mildly! :lol:

yeah was watching the wingless sprint cars at my home track one time. They were coming out of 4 when all the lights went out in turn one & two (at night) the whole corner went dark. Not a single one of them lifted. all of them barreled through there & kept going, until the flagman could realize what happened & put out the red flag. Just shook my head as I watched them throw their cars sideways into the dark corner & power out through turn two. Then I just laughed when I realized they didn't skip a beat, let up, nothing. BY god they were gonna race until someone stopped them LOL
ImageImageImage
<<

fanta_c

Post Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:01 am

Awesome pictures....thanks! I showed my husband the first picture, said "This is their view." He said, "Yeah, while the car is sitting still. And level. In a lighted area. And you think YOUR visibility sucks!"
<<

BlackFlag

Post Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:35 pm

Thanks for those pics, Schmoopy! It's hard to picture actually driving one of those things.
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:57 pm

BlackFlag wrote:Thanks for those pics, Schmoopy! It's hard to picture actually driving one of those things.

yeah. I think Sprint car drivers are born without the flight gene (from fight or flight)
:mrgreen:
ImageImageImage

Return to Tony