FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Days After His Retirement, Tony Stewart Leaks Some Plans

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:40 pm

Days After His Retirement, Tony Stewart Leaks Some Plans

Days After His Retirement, Tony Stewart Leaks Some Unexpected Plans

Kat O'Kelley

It’s only been a couple of weeks since Smoke officially went into retirement, and we already want to know what he has planned!

Tony Stewart seems to be smiling a whole lot more since his recent retirement. In his last few races it didn’t even matter what he placed, he was just happy that the end was near.

Although that may be disheartening for some, it can also be exciting to think about all that Smoke still has left to do in the sport of NASCAR. Trust me, he’ll be around for a long time.

We were anticipating his first year of retirement to include a lot of work being done in the garage and behind the scenes, as he is a co-owner of the Stewart-Haas Racing team. But to our surprise, Smoke has already announced a couple of dates he could be RACING on!

Yep, he already has plans to hop behind the wheel of a car at Le Mans this coming year. Tony explained how busy he
already is, during an episode of “Tony Stewart Live” on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.

“The sprint car schedules are starting to come out, but the cool thing is I’ve kind of put it off a little bit because we’ve had some really interesting e-mails and phone calls from car owners. There’s a possibility I might have an offer to go race at Le Mans next year, which I never thought I would have an opportunity to do that. I had a conversation with a car owner about possibly running this year’s Rolex 24 at Daytona. There’s a lot of cool stuff and the fun part is kind of not exactly knowing yet what we’re going to do. I do have some races that are confirmed and scheduled. One of them is going to be at Texas Motor Speedway in April; we’re going to run two nights with the sprint car at the Texas Motor Speedway dirt track. That’s one I’m really looking forward to. As we start filling in the schedule, we’ll start letting everybody know for sure. It’s going to be full, I guarantee you.”

Keep on filling that schedule, Tony! We are STOKED! There is one event that Smoke will definitely be racing at this next season, and that is the “Tony Stewart Presents the Texas Sprint Car Nationals” race. It will be held April 7-8 at Texas Motor Speedway’s dirt track.

We already can’t wait for 2017! Finally Smoke will be going what he LOVES!

:arrow: http://newsbake.com/sports/nascar/days- ... ted-plans/
Image Always A Racer - Forever A Champion Image

Daytona 500 countdown
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Days After His Retirement, Tony Stewart Leaks Some Plans

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...run the 24 hours of Daytona....That will help with my withdrawal... Jsw pills aren't helping.....:? :lol: Then 24 hours of Lemans......I will be a happy girl :D I wish they would televise the dirt races..... :(
<<

alenigma

Post Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:03 pm

Throw in the 12 Hours of Sebring and other Sports Car events...Please!
<<

barnes442

Post Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:39 pm

I hope the Knoxville Nationals and Kings Royal is on the schedule
<<

kim92164

Post Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:50 am

I would love to see Tony race in The Hillbilly 100, but that's a big dream. The Hillbilly 100 is a big race for the likes of Scott Bloomquist and is the Super Late Model "Crown Jewel" race. And since Tony purchases his Late Model chassis from a local manufacture here in WV, maybe I won't be dreaming.

Return to Tony