FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Letters that shaped Tony, from those who know him best

<<

Annalee

Post Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:34 pm

Letters that shaped Tony, from those who know him best

GET THE KLEENEX.....
Tony said he isn't going to cry, even if you bring onions and lemons....That's Tony...But I know hearing from his Dad, Zippy, and Eddie Jarvis is going to make me cry...I still can't imagine what racing is going to be like without him....

In a feature running on NBCSN’s NASCAR America at 6 p.m. today, Tony Stewart will reflect on his racing career through the eyes of four people shaped by it.
Stewart’s father, Nelson, Indianapolis-based journalist Robin Miller, former crew chief Greg Zipadelli and longtime personal manager Eddie Jarvis each wrote letters expressing their appreciation for Stewart’s impact on racing and their lives. Stewart is retiring from racing in NASCAR after the 2016 season.

As shown in the preview above, the three-time series champion read each letter and reacted to each on camera in Sunday’s feature.

The feature on Stewart also will run before Sunday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. NBCSN’s broadcast of Sunday’s race at the Brickyard will begin at 2 p.m. with NASCAR America leading into Countdown to Green and coverage of the race, which will start at 3:19 p.m.

For more about NASCAR this weekend at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, watch NASCAR America at 6 p.m. on NBCSN.

"Fight for four"..Me
Everything is Possible...If you Believe
<<

TeddyBearNC

Post Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:39 pm

Re: Letters that shaped Tony, from those who know him best

Thank you, Annalee.

Return to Tony