FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Another suck finish!

<<

Jellikit

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:19 am

Re: Another suck finish!

If Tony were to have a top 5 car with a potential winner this weekend, I think everyone would calm down and potentially do a 180 on their outlook for the team. To me, it's still quite early. Richmond has been a bit of a launching pad the last couple years, with 4 straight top 10's for Smoke. (including the fall)
<<

HTower

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:51 pm

When does it stop being early? Seriously, I'm not being flippant. At what point do we say, time to kick this thing into high gear or just let the season play out and work towards learning for next year?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:29 pm

i always thought after 10 races there should be some concern, he is 130 points back from first..... roughly 60 from 10th, he will have to pull a jeff gordon and win some races to get in the chase....
<<

housesandhogans

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:25 pm

Jellikit wrote:If Tony were to have a top 5 car with a potential winner this weekend, I think everyone would calm down and potentially do a 180 on their outlook for the team. To me, it's still quite early. Richmond has been a bit of a launching pad the last couple years, with 4 straight top 10's for Smoke. (including the fall)

I agree. But, I have a feeling that what is so worrisome to most of us is that he doesn't seem to be able to move out of the 20-24th place range. Last week I was excited to see he was up to 15th place...........and then at the end back to 21st or whatever. Even on Race Hub yesterday they made the comment that he isn't just going to roll over and take it and there is still time. I am still a believer! ;)
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:39 pm

housesandhogans wrote:
Jellikit wrote:If Tony were to have a top 5 car with a potential winner this weekend, I think everyone would calm down and potentially do a 180 on their outlook for the team. To me, it's still quite early. Richmond has been a bit of a launching pad the last couple years, with 4 straight top 10's for Smoke. (including the fall)

I agree. But, I have a feeling that what is so worrisome to most of us is that he doesn't seem to be able to move out of the 20-24th place range. Last week I was excited to see he was up to 15th place...........and then at the end back to 21st or whatever. Even on Race Hub yesterday they made the comment that he isn't just going to roll over and take it and there is still time. I am still a believer! ;)

Well he was never worried about making changes to the #39 team when they were in the late teens to early 20's every race. he may just tough it out with what he has. or pull a Dale jr. & mess up the other teams trying to make his better. Time will tell.
ImageImageImage
Previous

Return to Tony