FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Winners Picks points

<<

jessejames86j

Post Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:01 pm

Re: Winners Picks points

:idea: who's idea was it that kevin harvick drive the #4 car?
<<

thorman52

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:55 am

I like looking up things, so I did. This is from NASCAR.com.

New paint schemes for Kevin Harvick's new number

November 25, 2013, Staff report, NASCAR.com
Harvick has driven car No. 29 in all 466 Sprint Cup starts in his 13-year career. Team owner Richard Childress changed the 3 to 29 after Dale Earnhardt's death in the 2001 Daytona 500, and Harvick drove to victory with the new number three races later at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

Harvick explained the choice of his new number at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in July, when Stewart-Haas introduced him as the replacement for Ryan Newman in the former No. 39 team.
"The number was something that ... I don't want to say didn't really matter to me, but it's something that you want to see consistent with the team and the things that they have going on," Harvick said. "That was a number that was available and seemed like it was a pretty common tie to the 14."
The No. 4 was last used by Kasey Kahne during 2011, the final season of operation for Red Bull Racing. Before Kahne, Ward Burton (in 2007) was the last driver to use the number regularly on the Sprint Cup level.
Three drivers are most commonly linked to success in the No. 4. Sterling Marlin drove the No. 4 Morgan-McClure Motorsports Chevrolet to back-to-back Daytona 500 wins in 1994 and '95, and Ernie Irvan gave the team its first win in The Great American Race in 1991. Rex White, added this year to the ballot as a NASCAR Hall of Fame nominee, drove the No. 4 to 26 of his 28 career victories at NASCAR's highest level and primarily used it during his run to the 1960 series title.
:D
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

tuffrick

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:31 am

Where are the points awards for the weekly picks for Vegas? I have not seen mine posted to my account yet. What up with that?
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:57 am

tuffrick wrote:Where are the points awards for the weekly picks for Vegas? I have not seen mine posted to my account yet. What up with that?

They haven't been posted yet. Patience. They are usually posted around 5PM on Mondays, but sometimes they are later. Probably today, but could be as late as Wednesday, judging by past history.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:33 am

the past couple of years we have even seen Thursday a few times during the season, we just need to be patient. I noticed it was not until yesterday afternoon that they posted who the top 3 drivers were. That was a sign in my book right there that this was going to be one of those weeks.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

kim92164

Post Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:28 pm

I've noticed they haven't posted the points for the Vegas race yet. They're still saying that I got 0 points for the race and by my calculations I should have gotten at least 10 or 11 points. I sent a message to them, but nothing yet. I know 10 or 11 points isn't much, but a persons got to get what they can, lol.
<<

thorman52

Post Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:11 pm

Yeah I've got 1 point coming and if I don't get it by sundown I'm going to....Hmmm....wait till tomorrow I guess.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

tlmerk

Post Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:11 pm

thorman52 wrote:Yeah I've got 1 point coming and if I don't get it by sundown I'm going to....Hmmm....wait till tomorrow I guess.

hahah! :D

Well, I picked BK to win and Jr to come in third, so I know I earned a few points. They'll come through in the end. Maybe someone's on vacation or sick or ?
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

karton

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:54 am

Hey Animink, I just noticed I didn't get any points for the Vegas race. Its showing 0, My picks sucked last week but it still should be 1 point right? :?
I will rise when my SAVIOR calls my name. Will you?
<<

tuffrick

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:00 am

Still don't see my points for the weekly picks for Vegas . I picked Brad for first where are my points?
<<

thorman52

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:23 am

Got my point. Didn't move up much in the standings.

SHR management is in a different time zone. :roll:
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:24 pm

Yup, got my 11 points - WOO-HOO! [/sarcasm] :roll:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

tlmerk

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:25 pm

So, either I don't understand this point system or I was shorted 10 points... and since I'm usually wrong (at least at a retailer when this happens) so could someone explain this to me?

I picked BK to win (he did... 30 points) and I picked Jr. to come in 3rd but he came in second... so doesn't that mean 10 points for picking a driver in the wrong position added with the 1 point for playing should be 41 points and not 31 points as I was given? Does that mean I don't get any points for Jr. coming in second?

=======================================
Your picks for KOBALT 400:
1st: Brad Keselowski
2nd: Ryan Newman
3rd: Dale Earnhardt Jr.

You earned 31 point(s) for this race.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:34 pm

tlmerk wrote:So, either I don't understand this point system or I was shorted 10 points... and since I'm usually wrong (at least at a retailer when this happens) so could someone explain this to me?

I picked BK to win (he did... 30 points) and I picked Jr. to come in 3rd but he came in second... so doesn't that mean 10 points for picking a driver in the wrong position added with the 1 point for playing should be 41 points and not 31 points as I was given? Does that mean I don't get any points for Jr. coming in second?

=======================================
Your picks for KOBALT 400:
1st: Brad Keselowski
2nd: Ryan Newman
3rd: Dale Earnhardt Jr.

You earned 31 point(s) for this race.

Correct - if you get any drivers in the correct order, then you do NOT get points for any drivers out of order. It's been that way from day one.

From the "Official Rules" -

You can only fall into one of 2 categories:
Category A: picks in correct order
Category B: picks in incorrect order

The system will first check to see if you fall into "Category A" by seeing how many you have in the correct order. It then checks to see if you fall into "Category B" (how many you have in the incorrect order). If you fall into both categories, it will award you the one with more points.

For example, if you picked:
1st Place: Jimmie Johnson
2nd Place: Tony Stewart
3rd Place: Ryan Newman

And the real winners are:
1st Place: Jimmie Johnson
2nd Place: Ryan Newman
3rd Place: Tony Stewart

...you would be awarded 50 points for getting 3 right in the incorrect order (Category B) since it is more then what you would get for Category A which is 30 points for getting 1 in the correct order.

:arrow: Weekly Picks Page-->under Official Rules, under Points are awarded as follows-->look next to either Category A or Category B and click on (what is this?)

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

tlmerk

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:50 pm

Thanks HH. I figured I was just calculating wrong. This is the first season I have ever done any good at the picks and I'm sure it's short lived (and thanks to BK doing well). Before, I didn't really pay any attention to the scoring, but that makes sense. I always wondered why they had 2 categories. Thanks for the explanation.
PreviousNext

Return to VIP Garage Gang News