Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
Post a reply

Re: warnings

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:25 am

I am still getting the same warning also, Norton is not happy with me!

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:28 am

justlisa wrote:I am still getting the same warning also, Norton is not happy with me!

...good you have it, you're protected. Hope everyone's Anti Virus is up to date? ;)

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:32 am

It also cleans my registry what ever that means :? . I just know the puter and Norton and very happy together !

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:04 am

Having an up to date virus program is your best defense until Animink investigates the problem further. ;)

Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:03 pm

Figured out what was wrong with my computer. Downloaded IE9 and it messed up my antivirus. Needed a patch and now I think it will work okay. Thanks for the input and support.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:15 pm

Everytime I visit this site I get adware & malware and I have to run a quick scan to get rid of those. This is the only site that does that. It's getting old.
If you want to PM animink, just go to the members list & you can PM from there on their name.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:21 pm

I am having the same problem. Was using Firefox. I switched to Google Chrome and have the same problem. Chrome explains that it is 2 pieces of Malware on the site and only enter knowing there is a risk. For now I am getting on the site from my phone. Hope they can take care of it soon.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:34 pm

Having same problem using google chrome, i go ahead anyway, and nothing has set off my malware or virus detections.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:41 pm

I got a reply from Animink. They are aware of the problem and are working on it (it also affected their main business website server, animink.com). According to Phamo, the malware is only affecting servers and will not harm our (user's) PCs when we are on the SHR website.

Again, you are going to see the alert from Google regardless of which web browser you are using. It's the Google web site search engine that is finding the problem. The web browser on your PC is just the messenger delivering the message.

I have one PC running IE8 and another one running IE9.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:37 pm

My understanding of the warning I got was that this site had been "tagged" by a few people as being potentially harmful to their computers. Google usually gives those warnings when people complain that their computers were damaged as a result of a web site.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:35 pm

RedSmokenHot14 wrote:My understanding of the warning I got was that this site had been "tagged" by a few people as being potentially harmful to their computers. Google usually gives those warnings when people complain that their computers were damaged as a result of a web site.

The Spammers probably got upset that they were kicked off the site...

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:45 pm

if you use firefox or google chrome try IE that's how I'm able to get in

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:54 pm

I did I could not get in last night at all just that warning but okay tonight

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:44 am

I hadn't been able to get on for going on 3 days. I couldn't get on yesterday morning, but updated my software & was able to get on. I thought maybe it was my computer but it sounds like it wasn't just me. Glad to be able to log back on. Not that I'm addicted or anything, but I do check the site out everyday. Not being able to get on was frustrating & I thought I was going to have to watch the race without the Chat room! I don't know how I would have handled that. LOL

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:16 am

And I thought it was just me.......Although I had no warnings from my anti-virus program, it was the problem with Google . When I went to do a scan to see if I got infected with anything, I couldn't get my anti-virus software to open Then I really got worried. I removed the software and downloaded a fresh more up-to date version and it still didn't work. Realized then that I needed a patch since last week I downloaded IE9. That new patch has cleaned up everything and I am not getting any errors messages or warnings. It did not appear to harm my computer either. I hope all the rest of you can figure this out. It was too scary to think I couldn't get on this site without that warning.
Post a reply