Whatever goes... remember, this is a family forum
Post a reply

warnings

Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:05 pm

Is anyone else having warnings not to enter this site? I have had several. Tried to email Animink but it won't send a PM Help

Re: warnings

Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:13 pm

No problem here. What is the exact error? Is it displayed in your browser window? Is it coming from your antivirus program? There are many possibilities.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:25 pm

It is actually coming from google. Says I may harm my computer. It also won't let me use my antivirus to scan for viruses. Talks also about malware.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:03 pm

I've had something like that before on my other computer. You're infected with a virus or trojan. You'll probably have to take it in to Best Buy or someplace that will fix the problem.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:33 pm

Smoke14Wins wrote:I've had something like that before on my other computer. You're infected with a virus or trojan. You'll probably have to take it in to Best Buy or someplace that will fix the problem.

That is not good. I wonder why it is with trying to get on this site and not any other sites.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:08 pm

I don't think this site is the problem but the virus or malware you have is causeing the problem when you try to come to this site. I had that problem a short while ago ,cleaned my system and now no problem. I changed my antivirus software and haven't had any trouble since.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:35 pm

Wait a minute - I just tried googling stewarthaasracing and when I clicked on the link I got the same warning, so it's not your computer. I have a link set on my browser and normally just click that, not search for it using Google. I'm going to send the info to phamo at animink so they can investigate.

Either it's a false positive detection or there may actually be a problem with some of the site content.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:08 pm

I have the same problem using Firefox browser. But not Internet Explorer

Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:09 pm

My warning was from Mozilla, but apparently people using internet explorer wasn't getting the warning. This was the only site that I got the warning for also.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:24 pm

I just tried googling this site using Explorer and it has that warning

Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:58 pm

The warning is from Google itslf, so it will be displayed regardless of which browser you use.

I've already sent the technical information to Animink for them to investigate, but it's late in the day so I don't know when they will see it.

Google is saying there is malware on the site, but not specifically what it is.

More to follow...

For now I'm still accessing the site but making sure my antivirus software program is up to date. I have NOT received any warnings from my antivirus program while visiting the forum pages, but we don't know on which pages Google found malware.

Just make sure you are using an antivirus program on your PC and keep the virus definitions updated.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:20 pm

I get the same from google chrome and I know others are getting it to.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:35 pm

awsum14 wrote:I have the same problem using Firefox browser. But not Internet Explorer

Same thing happened to me yesterday, also to my sister - using Firefox. I had no problem with IE getting in, and now today no problems w/ Firefox.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:14 pm

Norton was givin' me an "Attempted Attack Blocked" box as soon as I clicked on here(I have the site "favorited" and come thru the "front door"). I think they got it solved 'cause I just came in thru there(4x just to check) and it's all clear now...no warnings. ;)

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:20 am

CORRECTION...It's still here, I dunno' why it didn't pop up yesterday? But, yep...I typed the "Risk Name" into Google and it took me to Symantec's site...here's what we're lookin' at...http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/blackhole-theory

...I'm thinkin' I want the OLD site back. :|
Post a reply